Seriously vulnerable family bullied for over 5hrs by bailiffs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Old Bill - I wonder if its possible to view the behaviour of the Bailiff's as Affray! They certainly behaved in a manner designed to intimidate/terrify a "reasonable" person, and in fact did so, in public, to several family members, and neighbours.

Affray of course can carry up to 7 years custodial, as I found out to my horror.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks you two. A bit of light reading over lunch methinks :)

Absolutely Annette,

I love this quote from him the best!

"We need a regulator who can beat the bastards, bash the bullies, control the crooks, comfort the complaining and ease the pains of the people. Unless we get that, the sort of extortion racket that I have described will continue. I hope that my hon. and learned Friend will give us a regulator who can deal with these people".

Classic!

Gbarbm

Hey Old Bill - I wonder if its possible to view the behaviour of the Bailiff's as Affray! They certainly behaved in a manner designed to intimidate/terrify a "reasonable" person, and in fact did so, in public, to several family members, and neighbours.

Affray of course can carry up to 7 years custodial, as I found out to my horror.

In Annette's case, CF, there are factors that, in all probability, mean that Affray would not be an appropriate charge on which to proceed. I've just checked with CPS Legal Guidance and in order to prove Affray it has to established that unlawful violence has been used or threatened against another. Affray carries a maximum penalty of 3 years' imprisonment, not 7 years.

Disorderly Conduct (Section 5, Public Order Act 1986) would be a more appropriate charge. In Chambers and Edwards v DPP 1995 Crim LR 896, it was ruled that violence, either threatened or actual, does not need to be an element of the offence in order to proceed against a person under this statute.

Absolutely Annette,

I love this quote from him the best!

"We need a regulator who can beat the bastards, bash the bullies, control the crooks, comfort the complaining and ease the pains of the people. Unless we get that, the sort of extortion racket that I have described will continue. I hope that my hon. and learned Friend will give us a regulator who can deal with these people".

Classic!

send me in, I'll do the job :becky:

Hi UB. I have already been in contact with our local paper. They are very interested......

After you have disposed of them, maybe you should contact The Sun with your story.

"Join our Campaign for Change and help drive the industry forward." ~ Rossendales

Yeah I'll help you drive the industry forward. Forward off Beachy Head! ~ Me

Hi guys. Well, what a crappy week I've had. On Monday was the Court Case and, although we won, it still took it out of me. On Tuesday I had to go to Hospital for more tests, fasting :(. On Weds I had to shop and tidy the garden for my daughters leavers BBQ. Thursday was the Barbie, house was wrecked, garden was wrecked. Yesterday I had to see my Doc. She informed me that not only have they missed the Diabetes, they have also missed the fact that my Thyroid function is way too low and have increased my dosage by double what it was. The Thyroid issue has caused my Cholesterol to rise to a very dangerous level and the Docs are now concerned for my heart, great. I spent the rest of yesterday and all of today getting rid of the stench of students and attempting to put my house and garden back together.

As a result of the week from hell, I have had to put the case on hold. I'm sure I shall be up to dealing with it in a few days. Thankfully I am not alone. I have made some great friends on here who are helping me, at least that will take a little strain off of my heart.

I was a little angry that the Docs made such a mess of my Diabetes, now I'm quite furious but, I need to remain calm, impossible :)

Post edited. Good to hear you have won, but you need to focus on what REALLY matters now. Your health.

As for your docs being concerned, im sure theyre just erring on the side of caution. If it was anything major, they would have you in hospital.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Post edited. Good to hear you have won, but you need to focus on what REALLY matters now. Your health.

As for your docs being concerned, im sure theyre just erring on the side of caution. If it was anything major, they would have you in hospital.

Thank you :). Fortunately, for me, I have Agoraphobia, so the Docs know I will not stay in Hospital. I say fortunately because, like many people, I hate Hospitals.

You have so many challenges to face, it make what you are doing even more amazing, many people with far less challenges on their life would have given up. Please look after yourself and i hope you are feeling better soon xxx

Thank you :)

Hi Annette, just a quick bump to see how you are and how things are going,

all the best,

Banana Man

Banana Republic of North Somerset

Oh! Let's have a snappy corporate strap line shall we.....

'Peeling the skin off the Banana Republic'

Hi Annette, just a quick bump to see how you are and how things are going,

all the best,

Banana Man

Banana Republic of North Somerset

Thank you BM. Not doing too bad at mo. Spending today getting most of my paperwork etc.. up together ready to report the criminal aspects of this case to the Police. As long as I pace myself and not get too heated, the old ticker should be fine :)

• 2 weeks later...
The best of luck with all you do, you are unique.

n

Thank you :). A lot of people say I'm unique, not sure if it's in a good way, lol.

Been very ill last few weeks. Thankfully, I am getting a lot of help with this from the Caggers :)

I thought this might be interesting for Annette, Old Bill and Brassnecked

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/david-allen-green/2012/07/police-thug-and-unlawful-killing

It's regarding the murder of Ian Tomlinson, but the article points out that Ian's family may be able to get a Health and Safety Prosecution against the Met, so this sort of thing perhaps has precedent. And thus Annette could look into getting the Council AND the Bailiff Firm prosecuted for the H&S breaches. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/david-allen-green/2012/07/police-thug-and-unlawful-killing

It's regarding the murder of Ian Tomlinson, but the article points out that Ian's family may be able to get a Health and Safety Prosecution against the Met, so this sort of thing perhaps has precedent. And thus Annette could look into getting the Council AND the Bailiff Firm prosecuted for the H&S breaches. :)

There's no reason why Harwood and the Met can't face trial for health and safety violations. In fact, it would be easier, as the onus of proof would lie on Harwood and the Met, not Ian Tomlinson's family. I also noted, in the article you have highlighted, that Harwood is facing a public disciplinary hearing. That does not surprise in the least. What he did was commit a serious breach of police conduct regulations. It makes me wonder if his disciplinary record leans towards violent behaviour. If this is the case, the Met have got a lot of explaining to do as to why an individual like Harwood was not identified and dismissed sooner, rather than let it go on, unchecked, until someone died.

Thanks Caled, it is another avenue to explore, as in did the bailiffs conduct a risk assessment when it was realised that Annette and family were vulnerable? If not and their action has caused harm, and in view of Annete's condition, it was proven to have been adversely affected then I feel HSE should be informed.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thanks Caled, it is another avenue to explore, as in did the bailiffs conduct a risk assessment when it was realised that Annette and family were vulnerable? If not and their action has caused harm, and in view of Annete's condition, it was proven to have been adversely affected then I feel HSE should be informed.

Although LA Environmental Health Departments cover certain premises, I'm not sure who would cover bailiffs acting on behalf of an LA. I'm going to email HSE and ask them to confirm.

There's no reason why Harwood and the Met can't face trial for health and safety violations. In fact, it would be easier, as the onus of proof would lie on Harwood and the Met, not Ian Tomlinson's family. I also noted, in the article you have highlighted, that Harwood is facing a public disciplinary hearing. That does not surprise in the least. What he did was commit a serious breach of police conduct regulations. It makes me wonder if his disciplinary record leans towards violent behaviour. If this is the case, the Met have got a lot of explaining to do as to why an individual like Harwood was not identified and dismissed sooner, rather than let it go on, unchecked, until someone died.

Let's not forget Harwood had already retired under a cloud in 2000 and rejoined the Met in 2004!

Let's not forget Harwood had already retired under a cloud in 2000 and rejoined the Met in 2004!

It gets worse! If the Met knew what Harwood was like, why the hell did they let him re-join? Someone, somewhere, at New Scotland Yard and/or Paddington Green needs to answer some very serious questions. And we're not talking about the cleaner. We're talking officers of the rank of Commander (Assistant Chief Constable in the provinces), Deputy Assistant Commissioner and Assistant Commissioner. Someone, holding very high rank, has made a serious error of judgement letting Harwood re-join and which has resulted in tragic consequences.

Scotland Yard has apologised for re-employing a riot policeman with a chequered disciplinary record after he was acquitted yesterday of killing newspaper vendor Ian Tomlinson at the G20 protests in London in 2009.

The jury at Southwark Crown Court, who took four days to clear Simon Harwood of manslaughter on a majority verdict, was not told that the officer had been investigated a number of other times for alleged violence and misconduct.

Mr Harwood quit the Metropolitan police on health grounds in 2001, shortly before a planned disciplinary hearing into claims that while off-duty he illegally tried to arrest a man in a road rage incident, altering notes retrospectively to justify his actions. He was nonetheless able to join another force, Surrey, returning to the Met in 2005. In other alleged incidents Harwood was accused of having punched, throttled, kneed or threatened other suspects while in uniform, although only one complaint was upheld.