Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Gbarbm last won the day on May 29 2012

Gbarbm had the most liked content!


631 Excellent
  1. Good! Any problems give me a shout
  2. YEAR: 2011/2012 Employee NINO Gross Pay Taxable pay to date Code Period Tax Due Net Pay Tax due to Date 7355.00 7355.00 593L 1 2160.66 4765.48 2160.66 3472.00 10827.00 0T 2 1003.47 2124.13 3164.13
  3. sorry that calculation did not come out very well (damn you excel spreadsheet!!!!) I will try again YEAR: 2011/2012 Employee NINO Gross Pay Taxable pay to date Code Period Tax Due Net Pay Tax due to Date NIC Letter EE NIC ER NIC Total NIC 7355.00 7355.00 593L 1 2160.66 4765.48 2160.66 A 428.86 933.70 1362.56 3472.00 10827.00 0T 2 1003.47 2124.13 3164.13 A 344.40 397.85 742.25
  4. YEAR: 2011/2012EmployeeNINOGross PayTaxable pay to dateCodePeriodTax DueNet PayTax due to DateNIC LetterEE NICER NICTotal NIC7355.007355.00593L12160.664765.482160.66A428.86933.701362.563472.0010827.000T21003.472124.133164.13A344.40397.85742.25 Your code of 593L seems low, check your P2 notice of coding to see what deductions are being made to lower the code to that amount as it should be 747L. It is possible that the underpayment from the earlier tax year is included in your code thereby reducing your free pay
  5. Can you let me know the total gross pay for each job and the tax code that operated against each job and I'll see if I can work it out for you
  6. Some information here; EIM06210 - Employment income: scholarship income ... http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/.../eim06210.htm EIM06210 - Employment income: scholarship income: taxable as trading or employment income?
  7. Good idea about the school records; proof that you could not have worked those hours! Write back to HMRC with this info and tell them that the error is on the part of the employer and they should pay any tax due... It sounds to me as if the employer is up to no good and I don't get what HMRC are on about with the duplicate allowances, that would only apply if you had two sources of income.
  8. I thought there was a de minimus limit on amounts HMRC could collect (£50 or £75?) Write to them and ask them this and also mention that it is statute barred.
  9. Were you paid by cash, cheque, BACS or CHAPS? If you were paid by cheque, BACS or CHAPS then evidence of the amounts can be obtained from your bank statements. Cash payments will be nigh on impossible to trace I'm afraid. I would certainly write back to them and tell them that you dispute their figures on the grounds that this is not what you received. Another thing you could do is contact the NI office and ask for a postings printout showing the amounts of NI paid over P.S I have edited out the name of the company
  10. The P46 you completed incorrectly by stating, this is my only or main job when you should have ticked I receive income from another job as well as this one means the code operating against your mon to fri job will be incorrect. You are entitled to only one personal tax allowance and because of your "error" you will have had one against each job, this means you will have an underpayment of tax at the end of the tax year. My advice would be to ring HMRC and tell them you filled the form in incorrectly. They will arrange for a correct code number to be issued (code BR, basic rate @ 20%which means that for every pound earned, 20p is taken off in tax)
  11. So I take it the code is 747L. If this is for 2012/13 it would usuually be 810L. Sounds as if you may have a deduction in your code. Check your latest P2 as this will give a breakdown of the deductions such a\s an underpayment carried forward, car benefit etc.
  12. Were you in receipt of JSA during the 3 month period of unemployment? JSA is taxable, so in order to calculate if any refund is due, HMRC would need details of the amount of JSA received. Did you get a P45 1 (u) from the jobcentre when you signed off JSA? If you did and handed this in to your employer, they would have accumulated the JSA and refunded you through your pay; you can check this by viewing the payslip you received after the P45 1 (u) was handed in. If a refund was made, you will see the letter R followed by an amount (the tax refund) This may be why HMRC are telling you no refund is due as it has already been made.
  13. HMRC will usually give consideration to a time to pay arrangement but your parents would need to prepare an income and expenditure report to show what disposable income they have which could be offset against the debt
  14. Sometimes they will check if the error occurred in an earlier year, usually by asking what date the error arose and taking it from there
  15. okie dokie...any problems just come back here and let us know
  • Create New...