• Tweets

• Including Default Notice Andy? Ok, I think this is the best I can do.. it all makes sense with references to their WS. They have included exhibits that dates don't match the WS about them, small but still.. if you're going to reference letters giving dates, then the exhibits should be correct, no? I know I redacted them too much, but one of the dates differs to the WS by a few months. IN THE ******** County Court Claim No. [***] BETWEEN: LC Asset 2 S.A.R.L CLAIMANT AND [***] DEFENDANT ************ _________________________ ________ WITNESS STATEMENT OF [***] _________________________ ________ I, [***], being the Defendant in this case will state as follows; I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in this claim. 1. I understand that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much-reduced cost to the amount claimed and which the original creditors have already written off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income as confirmed in the claimant’s witness statement exhibit by way of the Deed of Assignment. As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party. 2. The Claim relates to an alleged Credit Card agreement between the Defendant and Bank of Scotland plc. Save insofar of any admittance it is accepted that the Defendant has had contractual agreements with Bank of Scotland plc in the past, the Defendant is unaware as to what alleged debt the Claimant refers. 3. The Defendant requested a copy of the CCA on the 24/12/2022 along with the standard fee of £1.00 postal order, to which the defendant received a reply from the Claimant dated 06/02/2023. To this date, the Claimant has failed to disclose a valid agreement and proof as per their claim that this is enforceable, that Default Notice and Notice of Assignment were sent to and received by the Defendant, on which their claim relies. The Claimant is put to strict proof to verify and confirm that the exhibit *** is a true copy of the agreement and are the true Terms and Conditions as issued at the time of inception of the online application and execution of the agreement. 4. Point 3 is noted. The Claimant pleads that a default notice has been served upon the defendant as evidenced by Exhibit [***]. The claimant is put to strict proof to verify the service of the above in accordance with s136 and s196 Law of Property Act 1925. 5. Point 6 is noted and disputed. The Defendant cannot recall ever having received the notice of assignment as evidenced in the exhibit marked ***. The claimant is put to strict proof to verify the service of the above in accordance with s136 and s196 Law of Property Act 1925. 6. Point 11 is noted and disputed. See 3. 7. Point 12 is noted, the Defendant doesn’t recall receiving contact where documentation is provided as per the Claimants obligations under CCA. In addition, the Claimant pleads letters were sent on dates given, yet those are not the letters evidenced in their exhibits *** 8. Point 13 is noted and denied. Claimant is put to strict proof to prove allegations. 9. The Claimant did not provide a true copy of the CCA in response to the Defendants request of 24/12/2022. The Claimant further claims that the documents are sufficient to pursue a Judgement and are therefore copies of original documents in their possession. Conclusion 10. Without the Claimant providing a valid true copy of the executed Credit agreement that complies with the CCA, the Claimant has no grounds on which to enforce this alleged debt. 11. The Defendant was not given ample evidence to prove the debt and therefore was not required to enter settlement negotiations. Should the debt be proved in the future, the Defendant is willing to enter such negotiations with the Claimant. On receipt of this claim I could not recall the precise details of the agreement or any debt and sought clarity from the claimant by way of a Section 78 request. The Claimant failed to comply. I can only assume as this was due to the Claimant not having any enforceable documentation and issuing a claim in hope of an undefended default judgment.   Statement of Truth I, ********, the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true. I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in it’s truth. Signed: _________________________ _______ Dated: _____________________
    • AMEX and TSB the 2 Creditors who you need to worry about the least, ever!  Just stop paying them and forget about it, ignore all their threat o gram letters.  Only if, and with these 2 it's a massive if, you end up with a claim form you need to respond, and there will be plenty of help here.
    • No, nothing from Barclays. Turns out i have 2 accounts on here, and i posted originally on the other one. Sorry about that.  
    • Always send with proof of posting from your Post Office, so there is a trail. Conversations , are designed to intimidate into paying, Emails are designed as another way of bombarding. Only EVER communicate in writing, by post.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Tax Credit Overpayments

vonnie32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi peeps, I know a few people have posted about this and I have read through the threads but I *think* my situation is slightly different and shows a new level of incompetence bounding through the ranks at the Inland Revenue. (Sorry for the length of this post in advance....hope it makes sense! lol)

The story so far is:-

I received my award notice for 05/06 in August 05 - fine no problem all info correct (have checked and rechecked to make sure!)

I notified them in writing of a change in circumstances dated Nov 05 - No reply received, was busy in December giving birth so forgot about it.

Remembered In Jan that I needed to get on to them, so wrote again in Jan 06 - received a new award notice (No.2) in Feb 06, which contained the same info as my award in Aug 05 but with my award reduced by £850, I telephoned to query this and was told they were dealing with my change of circumstances and I would receive a new award notice in due course.

Received another award notice (No.3) in March 06 which was exactly the same as the Feb06 award notice and still did not take into account my change of circumstances. Phoned again and again informed they were dealing with it.

Received another notice (No.4) in May 06 (after the end of the award period) this notice was for the period from Jan to April 06 and had my income as NIL so I phoned again and informed them of their error.

Received another notice in June 06 (No.5) for the period from Apr 05 to Oct 05, which had all the correct info.

Received another notice (No.6) in August 06 for the period from Jan 06 to Apr 06 which again shows the correct info....finally

However they have not provided an award from Oct 05 to Jan 06, they say I have been overpaid nearly £2,000 and they have refused my dispute on the grounds "The income we held from the start of your award was NIL. You notified us of the change but by this time we had already paid you tax credits that you were not entitled to".

Now I have phoned the helpline and they have confirmed that they had my income details correct at the start of my award (in fact they had too much income - due to my mat leave) and it was only in May 06 after the award period that I received an award notice stating an income of NIL.

BUT it gets better, I have no received no less than 5 award notices so far for this year.

No1. May 06 Had my income as Nil - I phoned and corrected their error at the same time as I corrected their error for 05/06

No2. May 06 Had correct income details and No other incorrect info

No3. July 06 Had correct income details and No other incorrect info

No4. August 06. Had correct income details and No other incorrect info but shows an overpayment now of £1185 + £1840 for 05/06

No5. September 06. Had correct income details and No other incorrect infor but shows and overpayment now of £1207.60 + £1840 for 05/06

Just how incompetent can some people be, don't get me wrong I know the computer system and paperwork is a nightmare but surely if we can take the time to fill it out timeously and correctly then they can at least process it so that this exact situation can be avoided.

So despite following all their proceedures to the letter I now find myself with a debt of £3,000.

I have been advised by a helpfull chap at the Tax Credit Office to fill out an Appeal form for 05/06 and a Dispute Form for 06/07, so we shall see what this brings but I don't hold out much hope!

Any advice much appreciated guys

Thanks

Vonnie xxx

9/8 - Discovered Consumer Action Group Site:D

RBOS - Personal Account

10/8 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to RBOS

17/5 - Defence lodged by RBS

24/5 - Court date

21/5 - Offer received:rolleyes:

22/5 - Offer rejected

25/5 - New offer received and accepted!!!!!!

MBNA Credit Card

10/8 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to MBNA

Feb 07 Received payment in full...Yeh!!!!:-D

RBOS Business Account

25/5 - May 07 - Statements received

23/7 - Offered received

Hi peeps, I know a few people have posted about this and I have read through the threads but I *think* my situation is slightly different and shows a new level of incompetence bounding through the ranks at the Inland Revenue. (Sorry for the length of this post in advance....hope it makes sense! lol)

The story so far is:-

I received my award notice for 05/06 in August 05 - fine no problem all info correct (have checked and rechecked to make sure!)

I notified them in writing of a change in circumstances dated Nov 05 - No reply received, was busy in December giving birth so forgot about it.

Remembered In Jan that I needed to get on to them, so wrote again in Jan 06 - received a new award notice (No.2) in Feb 06, which contained the same info as my award in Aug 05 but with my award reduced by £850, I telephoned to query this and was told they were dealing with my change of circumstances and I would receive a new award notice in due course.

Received another award notice (No.3) in March 06 which was exactly the same as the Feb06 award notice and still did not take into account my change of circumstances. Phoned again and again informed they were dealing with it.

Received another notice (No.4) in May 06 (after the end of the award period) this notice was for the period from Jan to April 06 and had my income as NIL so I phoned again and informed them of their error.

Received another notice in June 06 (No.5) for the period from Apr 05 to Oct 05, which had all the correct info.

Received another notice (No.6) in August 06 for the period from Jan 06 to Apr 06 which again shows the correct info....finally

However they have not provided an award from Oct 05 to Jan 06, they say I have been overpaid nearly £2,000 and they have refused my dispute on the grounds "The income we held from the start of your award was NIL. You notified us of the change but by this time we had already paid you tax credits that you were not entitled to".

Now I have phoned the helpline and they have confirmed that they had my income details correct at the start of my award (in fact they had too much income - due to my mat leave) and it was only in May 06 after the award period that I received an award notice stating an income of NIL.

BUT it gets better, I have no received no less than 5 award notices so far for this year.

No1. May 06 Had my income as Nil - I phoned and corrected their error at the same time as I corrected their error for 05/06

No2. May 06 Had correct income details and No other incorrect info

No3. July 06 Had correct income details and No other incorrect info

No4. August 06. Had correct income details and No other incorrect info but shows an overpayment now of £1185 + £1840 for 05/06

No5. September 06. Had correct income details and No other incorrect infor but shows and overpayment now of £1207.60 + £1840 for 05/06

Just how incompetent can some people be, don't get me wrong I know the computer system and paperwork is a nightmare but surely if we can take the time to fill it out timeously and correctly then they can at least process it so that this exact situation can be avoided.

So despite following all their proceedures to the letter I now find myself with a debt of £3,000.

I have been advised by a helpfull chap at the Tax Credit Office to fill out an Appeal form for 05/06 and a Dispute Form for 06/07, so we shall see what this brings but I don't hold out much hope!

Any advice much appreciated guys

Thanks

Vonnie xxx

I had a new award today saying I owe £1300 and a letter saying that they have run out of appeal forms and will send me one in due course!

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Incompetence reigns eh! lol - at least they are consistent

RBOS - Personal Account

24/5 - Court date

22/5 - Offer rejected

MBNA Credit Card

RBOS Business Account

23/7 - Offered received

this happened to a girl i new she filled out appeal form for £3000 that was nearly a year ago they said they have received it but dont know wat departments got it and will be in touch so its the old story gives us it back but when you can prove you told them and they were incompetent and they should refund you its a different story best of luck m8

You won't believe this latest nugget....they've only gone and paid more money into my account!!!!!

I phoned them up to ask why, when I have 2 award notices from them (one in August the other in September) that clearly state I owe them money so I am not going to be receiving any T/C's for the rest of the year and guess what - they have NO idea why they have sent this payment.....unbloodybelievable.

What do I do now?????

I can't physically stop them sending unsolicited money to my account for no apparent reason, they don't know why they are sending money to the account and therefore can't do anything about it.........the whole thing is a joke....a very bad joke though when you end up owing thousands of pounds for a situation which is out of your control.

Sorry for ranting

Vonnie x

RBOS - Personal Account

24/5 - Court date

22/5 - Offer rejected

MBNA Credit Card

RBOS Business Account

23/7 - Offered received

Vonnie,

You are doing all the right things - keeping a diary of the events, who you spoke to/when etc. My girlfriend recieved a demand for £1080 from a few years ago. We went through all bank statements since Tax Credits started in April 2003 and listed all payments received. Then compared these against the Notices and found that in 2004 a statement listed that £1500 WTC was paid in - whereas only £151 was paid during that financial year!

Using entitledto with March payslips - P60 do not list pension contributions - we worked out that she only owes £97 !!

We sent all this information to the Dispute Team and we recieved a letter saying that due to overpayments been recovered (no money has been paid over) the amount overpaid is only £600-odd -we still dispute this.

Her youngest is now 20, so we have asked that she be removed from the system as no dependant children - she then receives a statement for 2006-2007 giving NIL tax credit due !!

We noticed that all the letters we receive never state that they are at fault and are so poorly written, spelling and grammer, it is unbelievable!

Take care - keep battling,

John

Thanks John it's good to know I'm not the only one but surely this lot need to be brought into line, I'm sure if we all filled in our tax returns like this we would end up in the jail!

I'm at a loss as to what else I can do and if they don't know what i can do then god help us.....feel a letter or even better a visit brewing to the MP, see if he can sort them out.

Thanks for the support

Vonnie xx

RBOS - Personal Account

24/5 - Court date

22/5 - Offer rejected

MBNA Credit Card

RBOS Business Account

23/7 - Offered received

• 4 weeks later...

Woodpecker are they saying they paid you wrong all the way through or have they just stuffed up your claim? If it's the later then you can appeal.

I'm now appealing for 05/06 and asking them to re-look at 06/07, I've also sent a copy of my correspondence to the MP, he has replied saying it's inappropriate for him to get involved during the appeals process but if I am unhappy with the outcome of the appeal then he will intervene.

I wait with baited breath to see what excuses they come up with this time!

RBOS - Personal Account

24/5 - Court date

22/5 - Offer rejected

MBNA Credit Card

RBOS Business Account

23/7 - Offered received

No I wouldn't think so, if you are appealing they should cease any further collection until the appeal outcome has been decided, if you provide me with further details I will be able to help you set out the grounds for your appeal if you would like. There is an initial form to fill in which is very basic and asks them to relook at your claim, if you are unhappy with their response then you have to appeal, so it really depends on what stage you are at with them.

Please just don't accept that cause they are demanding the money they are actually in the right.

I haven't had any letters from them yet to start collecting my overpayments and I don't expect to receive any until my complaints/appeal has been dealt with.

RBOS - Personal Account

24/5 - Court date

22/5 - Offer rejected

MBNA Credit Card

RBOS Business Account

23/7 - Offered received

the most annoying thing about all these tax credit letters demanding money is the total lack of detail- i have even taken some of mine to qualified accountants where i work and all they do is scratch their head!

surely there is some way we can demand that the inland revenue provide a full and understandable statement of how they get to an overpayment- rather than the useless green a4 novel and a load of meaningless numbers that always seem to end in you owe.......

The problem with this lot is there is no standard payment amounts. i.e. if you're on £250 per week and pay £75 childcare you'll get £x tax credit.

There's no where you can check if you're receiving the correct entitlement - I've a felling they've cocked mine up too, although they've not asked for anything back (yet) but the system just seems totally up the wall.

I have a married friend with a daughter who they don't need to pay childcare for - they have a jiont income the same as mine. I'm a single mum pay £36 a week childcare & they get paid more than me - how the bloody 'ell does that work?

I really have no idea.

Good luck with it x

Halifax 1

WON - £1,355.49 21/07/06

MINT

WON - £273.81 14/09/06

First Direct

WON - £913.50 01/09/06

Capital One

WON - £130.13 03/11/06

Halifax 2

WON - £188.03 01/12/06

Kensington Mortgages ERC

MCOL for £6,204.39 Discontinued

Halifax Mortgage Admin fee

WON - £10.00

Direct Line Mortgage Redemption Fee

WON - £99.00

Halifax 3

MCOL for £109.01 reg 07/03/07

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/redemptionfees/

Please sign this petition x

The problem with this lot is there is no standard payment amounts. i.e. if you're on £250 per week and pay £75 childcare you'll get £x tax credit.

There's no where you can check if you're receiving the correct entitlement - I've a felling they've cocked mine up too, although they've not asked for anything back (yet) but the system just seems totally up the wall.

I have a married friend with a daughter who they don't need to pay childcare for - they have a jiont income the same as mine. I'm a single mum pay £36 a week childcare & they get paid more than me - how the bloody 'ell does that work?

I really have no idea.

Good luck with it x

ellielou,

I am sure that the website entitledto takes in to account any child care you pay.

Regards,

John

• 6 months later...

Finally I have got to the root of the problem. When I filled in my new claim for due to a change of circumstances half way through the year I did not put mine or my partners income details on the form.

I did supply them with several letters informing them of our income but for some reason when it came to filling in the form I've not put our annual income in, I've put where we work how many hours we work payroll no's etc but not the actual amount.

This has been construed by some silly person as a nil income (my hubby works for the civil service, it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to work out we had omitted to answer the question) we did not fill our income in as zero, they did.

I've now got the full data protection papers and plan to write to them once more to reconsider my appeal.

RBOS - Personal Account

24/5 - Court date

22/5 - Offer rejected

MBNA Credit Card

RBOS Business Account

23/7 - Offered received

Hey Vonnie

Have a similar issue here.... first year payments were fine. Second year we find out that we allegedly were paid too much in the first year which would be taken from subsequent years!!!! 2 YEARS LATER AND STILL NO MONEY we call them up again and we are still due them money !! give them new income details and advise of new child, they say we still dont get anything and three days later a new reward drops thro the door telling us we are now getting paid every week... really dont understand the system or the morons you speak to.....

Halifax + BOS

• £1300 WON from Halifax
  • £713 WON from BOS

Have I helped? tip the scales

Finally I have got to the root of the problem. When I filled in my new claim for due to a change of circumstances half way through the year I did not put mine or my partners income details on the form.

I did supply them with several letters informing them of our income but for some reason when it came to filling in the form I've not put our annual income in, I've put where we work how many hours we work payroll no's etc but not the actual amount.

This has been construed by some silly person as a nil income (my hubby works for the civil service, it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to work out we had omitted to answer the question) we did not fill our income in as zero, they did.

I've now got the full data protection papers and plan to write to them once more to reconsider my appeal.

Silly person is an understatement. If you have Nil Income you would not be entitled to even claim Tax Credits let alone receive an overpayment.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

• 2 weeks later...

Actually you can claim tax credits with a nil income if you are working more than 30 hrs per week or something but the only way you could be in this position is if you were self-employed which we clearly weren't.

RBOS - Personal Account

24/5 - Court date

22/5 - Offer rejected

MBNA Credit Card

RBOS Business Account

23/7 - Offered received

You can claim tax credits and be deemed to have a nil income if you work over 16 hours a week and are not getting paid through sickness etc as well.

:)

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

£4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

:) My Head is officially out of the Sand :)

This has been construed by some silly person as a nil income (my hubby works for the civil service, it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to work out we had omitted to answer the question)

If this was an actual claim form (TC600), then you may want to know that the silly person in question was an OCR system in Merseyside.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

Ohhh never thought of that one!

RBOS - Personal Account

24/5 - Court date

22/5 - Offer rejected

MBNA Credit Card

RBOS Business Account

23/7 - Offered received

• 3 months later...

From The Times

September 3, 2007

Cashback for parents in tax credits fiasco

Francis Elliott, Chief Political Correspondent

Gordon Brown faces the humiliating prospect of having to return hundreds of millions of pounds that has been reclaimed in overpaid tax credits in the latest blow to the complex benefit system he introduced.

Officials broke the law for more than three years by failing to tell claimants that their tax credit awards were under investigation, The Times has learnt. Ministers admit that at least 250,000 cases will have to be reviewed.

George Osborne, the Shadow Chancellor, is demanding an inquiry by the independent spending watchdog into the affair. A whistleblower in Revenue & Customs has told the Tories that the final bill could top £500 million.

Cashback for parents in tax credits fiasco - Times Online

The Tax Credit system is a total shambles. Millions are lost through fraud each year, yet genuine claimants are made to suffer through overpayments being clawed back, Year on year I have been overpaid, some of which were my fault, some of which not. You ask for a review of the overpayments they come back and say that they are correct and you cannot appeal against their decision.

In one year they said that I was expected to know that a. I would be getting a performance related bonus and b. that I should have known how much it would be.

The award notices are not the easiest of things to understand how they work their figures out, actually 6ft of mud would be clearer :-) This year I am yet to receive the final award notice for 06/07 and the award notice for 07/08, all they have said on the three occasions I've chased this paperwork up is "We are aware of a problem here a small percentage of claimants have not received their award notices. We do not know when you will receive yours." How can they expect claimants to check that the details on the award notices are correct when they haven't sent them out in the first place???

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

• 2 weeks later...

Installspark

Working out tax credits........Example below

take your annual household income say (14,000)

then minus 5220 (amount allowed to earn before taxable)

then multiply this amount (8780) by 37%

the end figure is what your award will be reduced by (3248.60)

Then you look at you entitlements, so say your circs were your a single parent working 37hrs with 2 children under age 16, no child care costs or disability in the household. Your entitlement would be as follows

Basic Element 1525.00

Lone Parent element 1500.00

30 hour element 620.00

Family element 545.00

child element 1445.00

child element 1445.00

Total 7100.00

minus 3248.60

Award Toatl 3851.40 = 74.06 per week (without any overpayments being taken from you)

Just work out what elements you would get from the following and do the calculation. Your income less 5220 then multiply the answer by 37% the answer after this is what would be deducted from your award.

Rates and thresholds

The rates and thresholds of the new tax credits are shown in the table below.

Working tax credit (1) 2003-04,

£ per year Weekly equivalents £

Basic element 1,525.00 29.20

Additional couples and lone parent elemen 1,500.00 28.80

30 hour element 620.00 11.90

Disabled worker element 2,040.00 39.15

Enhanced disabled adult element 865.00 16.60

50plus return to work element, 16-29 hours (2) 1,045.00 20.00

50plus return to work element, 30+hours (2) 1,565.00 30.00

Childcare element

- maximum eligible cost 200.00

- maximum eligible cost for one child 135.00

- percent of eligible costs covered 70%

Notes

1. Apart from those mentioned in the footnote below, the elements for which claimants are eligible can be added together to arrive at the maximum amount of tax credit available.

2. These elements are mutually exclusive. Where an individual works enough hours to qualify for the 50plus return to work payment (30+ hours), they cannot also qualify for the 50plus return to work payment (16-29 hours).

Child Tax Credit 2003-04, £ per year Weekly equivalents

Family element (1) 545.00 10.45

Family element, baby addition (1) 545.00 10.45

Child element for each child 1,445.00 27.75

Disabled Child additional development (2) 2,155.00 41.30

Enhanced disabled child additional 865.00 16.60

Hope this helps. Also check out

[email protected]

Excellent site for this type of thing

Splashin :eek:

SPLASHIN ;)

Top Link Checkout