British Gas Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

We have moved out of our house and confirm the last meter reading and British Gas have sent the final bills, at present we are unable to repay the accounts due to myself filing for BR, iam not working and claiming employment & support benefit and my wife works part time.

They call every day about 6 times per day, we have offered £20.00 month paid direct from ourn bank, but so far they have refused the offer and demend the full outstanding amount.

So we keep going around and around, we have sent a cheque for the £20.00 for each account, what more can we do ? also the accounts are in my name as well, should i include them in my BR

any help would be great

cheers :???:

I think yes

send them a letter with the next chq and state this is my preposal by cashing the chq you agree to it and once they cash the chq they int got a leg to stand on

regards chris

Please Tip My Scales if Info was Use full

• 2 years later...

Hi All,

can anyone help, we have had a letter from British Gas asking for a payment of £1,031.55 which was from an old address, we have since moved twice they have stated the debt is as follows their was an outstanding amount from a property which we lived in and they transferred the debt to our prepayment card.

On 28th Feb 2009 i myself was made bankrupt and British Gas were a creditor thus no longer any debt outstanding but we were unaware they tranferred the debt to our prepayment meter. Today they have asked for the full payment i have explained and quoted all the bankrupcy details and they have now said it was in joint names ??????? if thats the case i have asked for the signed credit forms etc etc which my wife would have signed ( but she has not signed any paperwork ) , unless they produce the signed credit agreement the debt can not be claim. Is this the correct way of doing this or should we be going anything else.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry to hear your having such a problem with BG.

Good news if what you say is correct then BG have breached regulation as a third party can not be added to an account without the third partys permission especially if there is debt on the account.

Give you an example say i wanted to add my partner to my BG account and there was a debt on the account BG can add my partner over the phone but my partner would have to give her permission and agree to take on any debt.

If your partner did not agree to this then you need to ring BG and point out they have Breached Regulations and ask them to provide you evidence that your partner agreed usually in this situation an account would for certain have a note saying this also BG tell you they dont record calls then they would of also lied to you as BG record every call coming in and out.

Also remind BG that if you took this to OFGEM they would charge BG over 1500 quid even if they found in your favor or not just for that complaint being made to them in the first place,

Also make sure the agent you speak with raises a stage 0 complaint they should do this anyway but a lot wont also tell them you wish for there manager to deal with it as frankly its over there head make sure you mention that you want the agent your speaking with to raise it as a stage 2 complaint to his manager.

His manager will have to make contact with you within 5 working days of recieving that complaint.

Stick to your guns demand proof as OFGEM would only ask for the same proof and most importantly dont be fobbed off.

Good Luck, Hope you get things sorted

S

• 4 years later...

I have had an issue with British Gas since moving into a new house,

according to British Gas the meter on my house belongs to house number 2

and our meter is on house number 2

we live at number 4 according to the records.

This came to light as we wanted to move our supply to Npower which our electric supplier.

To date nothing has ever been done regarding the meter numbering

and i was not sure if we are paying the gas for the house next door,

i have made payments to British Gas

on the 15 March they visited and took a reading from the meter and now their is a bill of £300.00,

I got home last night to find a letter from Richburns chasing the debt and they will be visiting WC 23/04/16.

I have contacted Richburns to inform them of the issue,

i will make a payment but not all as i think there maybe an issue with the billing,

Richburns have informed me they still intend to visit the property to discuss the matter and will make charges as well.

What can i do to sort this out and avoid being charged fees as its just not fair,

Ignore them and email the ceo. Not the cs muppets

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

turn the gas off at the meter and see if it is yours that doesnt work. If you can still get gas then you know the meter at your property isnt supplying you. You will then need to take a meter reading and again as frequently as practicable to show your consumption.

Richburns is a company set up by ex BG employees etc.

Ignore all of their threats and yes their charges are excessive

they have no powers whatsoever

they are a DCA

not bailiffs

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There's a clue in the name "Rich burns", methinks!

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

• dx100uk changed the title to British Gas Debt