THE Election - Made your mind up yet ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fancy a trip to Traitor's Gate?

Apparently, there are some suitable rooms with running water, rats and ensuite bucket!

No a la carte menu, only gruel and water...

Sounds pretty much like where I use to work lol :)

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

puppyeyes.jpg

Cute Dog:)

My tongue in cheek comment was aimed at anti-royalists.

Politician bashing is one thing. However, taking pops at our Queen is, out of order!

Edited by angry cat
error

Politician bashing is one thing. However, taking pops at our Queen is, out of order!

I did misunderstand your comment at first :oops:. So usd to people thinking because I was a Civil Servant I must be some sort of evil being lol. :)

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

I used to be a civil servant too. Does that make me evil?

Yes BB, Polar bear's are one of the most dangerous types :D

Mungy Pup

My sister is a civil servant, she works in a jobcentre helping people find work. She has been working there for 11 years, she gets about £17000 a year salary and that is at an administrative officer level, when she retires she will get a "gold plated" pension of around £8,000 (having only paid into it 26yrs). There isnt likely to be a state pension to back that up when she retires and if there is she probably wont be able to access it until she is 73 or something ridiculous like that.

Most civil servants are required to do the most with the least and then used as whipping boys when the economy is in bad shape, political parties of all colours have bidding wars of how many they can get rid of and still run the country, however working with less resources in half the time and with IT that is not worth the office space is about as good as it gets.

Its the senior civil servants in whitehall that are taking down the million pound pensions, great terms and conditions.

One good piece of news is that the union has just won its battle against the government reducing compensation payments when making civil servants redundant - these were part of the terms and conditions of their contract but as they are planning to get rid of a load of them on the cheap they decided to trim a bit off the compensation payments they were due.

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

A family who live off the state, dont have jobs, have all of their housing costs paid (including their Plasma tv's) and have had family members who secretly sympathised with Hitler.

They need a Jeremy Kyle special

A family who live off the state, dont have jobs, have all of their housing costs paid (including their Plasma tv's) and have had family members who secretly sympathised with Hitler.

They need a Jeremy Kyle special

:lol:

Why did the party negotiations become so dominated by what the markets want? The voices of the working people are never heard as political commentators bombard the electorate with what the City would like to see in terms of Government. And what the money markets want seems prefaced on which party will most boldly dump the deficit on the vulnerable in society.

Has historical amnesia taken over to such a degree that the role of the very same markets in bringing about this economic crisis in the first place has been forgotten? Democracy means making decisions in the interests of the masses, not a clique of greedy financiers.:mad:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Just how many daddies has he got, then?

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I believe I heard him prattling on about "his four fathers"....

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

One of their daddies is a banker, the other's a stockbroker.

Coincidence?...

One each, m'dear, as shown with the bolded above.

2 daddies, one each.

Don't try and mess with grammar with me, boyo. :razz:

Bookie, you know that I'd never mess with your Granma. :D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

:

Liberal Democrat deputy leader Vince Cable is to serve as Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills in David Cameron's new coalition Government.

The former Lib Dem Treasury spokesman, who shot to prominence due to his warnings over the global financial crisis as well as his ballroom dancing talents, was appointed to the post as Mr Cameron shaped his first Cabinet this morning.

Fellow Liberal Democrat David Laws was named as George Osborne's second-in-command at the Treasury, with Cabinet rank as Chief Secretary. In the position, the former banker will carry a great deal of the burden for the public spending cuts required to reduce the UK's record budget deficit.

The parties will bring forward early legislation to introduce a power of recall, allowing voters to force a by-election where an MP was found to have engaged in serious wrongdoing and having had a petition calling for a by-election signed by 10% of his or her constituents.

I wonder if the Lib Dem constituencies can rally around and get more than 10% votes stating transferring their votes away from the Lib Dem manifesto was "serious wrongdoing" (and the same for the conservatives?)

Of course I expect them to have covered their butts, but I'd love to see it tried!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Well both myself and Mrs Woody both work in the public sector. I do the totaly uneccessary job of teaching long term unemployed people literacy and numeracy and Mrs Woody is that total Tory target of a tea drinking layabout civil servant who reguarly does 60 hour weeks for no extra pay. The country will be so much better off without the likes of us.

Read my post [EDIT] and then you will see that is not what I implied. I work in the private sector but my wife works in the public sector in a special needs school, also totally unnecessary by your [EDIT] criteria. [EDIT]

You can guess from the edits that I was not too taken with those comments. I suggest you read the posts you are referring to properly before launching into an inappropriate and sarcastic diatribe.

Edited by Fred Bassett
Personal comments removed.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I'm not at all anti royal. They have their place as a major tourist attraction :)

True. I've often wondered how much money they bring in as opposed to what they take out. It would be very difficult to quantify, but my guess is that, on balance, they are probably in credit.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.