THE Election - Made your mind up yet ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sounds like Theresa May is on the right track.

Would any of you agree to:

"lowering the age of consent in homosexual relationships to 16?

I think NOT.

Booky also quotes that Theresa May also voted "against Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill which would give homosexual couples the ability to receive fertility treatment."

There are so many, women who either by disease/cancer or, biological problems that are unable to give birth to a child biologically! These women go through tortuous screening to obtain IVF; it is a nightmare for them and their families...

Please do not misunderstand me, I am not insensitive to gay couples.

Just saying how it is

Bleddy hell, I wanted to answer that but how do you in this PC world without upsetting someone.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleddy hell, I wanted to answer that but how do you in this PC world without upsetting someone.

At the end of the day, someone will be upset or, annoyed by one's word's.

But I am a great believer in the, freedom of speech...

The following made me laugh!

:

Clegg was educated at the private Caldicott School at Farnham Royal in South Buckinghamshire, and later at the private Westminster School in London. As a 16-year-old exchange student in Munich, Germany, he was sentenced to a term of community service after he and a friend burned a collection of cacti belonging to a professor. When news of the incident was later reported during his time as Liberal Democrat home affairs spokesman, Clegg said it was something he was "not proud" of."

Burning Cacti???:p

What a pr**k:D

Get it?......Cacti........Pr**k?

I'll get me coat:grin:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Would any of you agree to:

"lowering the age of consent in homosexual relationships to 16?"

I think NOT.

Well I don't agree to 16 year old heterosexual couples having sex! But I do think it should be equal whatever your sexuality!

There are so many, women who either by disease/cancer or, biological problems that are unable to give birth to a child biologically! These women go through tortuous screening to obtain IVF; it is a nightmare for them and their families...

Please do not misunderstand me, I am not insensitive to gay couples.

Just saying how it is

Disease/cancer and biological problems are not confined to heterosexual women. Issues like these need to be equal. I do think science has gone too far by making an ovary into a sperm, and I do think that if that becomes available it should just be private as should most "elective" treatments.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Words fail me.

Just as well I don't have time to respond, or I may get CAGbotted big time. :-(

Booky, I am not a homophobic and meant no disrespect!

My post was about issues that Theresa May voted against and;

IMHO, priority should be given to young women who through no fault of their own have had to undergo radical surgery: hysterectomy's due to cancer etc. Thus losing the chance to bear children biologically. There are other factors also that prevents these women from being able to give birth to a child.

IVF, is a lengthy process, availbale on the NHS but the screening is both lengthy and distressful!

Clearly, this area is extremely sensitive. Therefore, best to move on...

I agree with you. I do think women should be allowed at least a couple of attempts at IVF on the NHS. As you say, infertility (for both men and women) is not something that people choose for themselves, and the whole NHS system is crazy at the moment, so let's hope the new Government starts sorting things out. At the moment, it's a postcode lottery about who gets what in terms of cancer treatment for example.

Contrast that with a story this morning about a trans-sexual who is suing his local Trust because his treatment has not resulted in big enough boobs. :eek: There is no way that should be allowed. He wanted to be a woman. He got his wish. Real women do not necessarily have big boobs. If they want implants they pay for them privately, and so should he!!!!!

"infertility (for both men and women) is not something that people choose for themselves"

And neither is their sexuality.

What you are saying is that hetrosexual couples should get preferential treatment over gay couples.

I will let Booky have the biggest say on this as she can do it more eloquently than I ever could. I also fear a severe cagbotting if I were to really speak my mind on this

Booky, I am not a homophobic and meant no disrespect!

My post was about issues that Theresa May voted against and;

IMHO, priority should be given to young women who through no fault of their own have had to undergo radical surgery: hysterectomy's due to cancer etc. Thus losing the chance to bear children biologically. There are other factors also that prevents these women from being able to give birth to a child.

IVF, is a lengthy process, availbale on the NHS but the screening is both lengthy and distressful!

Clearly, this area is extremely sensitive. Therefore, best to move on...

OK Moving on... BBC News - Brown to remain as backbench MP

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

*attempt at injecting a little politically incorrect humor*

I support gay marrage... especially if both chics are hot!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

I agree with you BB. :) I am very confused by Woody's response to what I said, which is basically that both men and women suffer from infertility though no fault of their own. I did not say that only heterosexual women should have the IVF treatment; I said "women". I mean, it is the women who have the nasty invasive treatments, isn't it?

Very funny locutus. :D But to be PC you must say "especially if both chics or blokes are hot!" otherwise you'll probably upset someone. :eek: You have to be very careful even with jokes these days. :(

Edited by Desperate Daniella
sp

Everyone has the right to become a parent whatever their sexual preference!

Of course. But, young women who have looked death in the face through Cancer must take priority!

NHS IVF for them is, their only hope...

I've never wanted children so I don't think i'll ever understand that deep desire felt by some. I'm not sure however how I feel about conception being paid for by the NHS at all, when there are other treatments that they say cost too much, like all these cancer wonder drugs. Surely people who are already in existance, very sick, and have paid into the system should be priority over the production of more people. It is a sensetive subject, and one many feel passionate about, and my intention is not to offend anybody, but I think someone's right to survive should surpass another's want to concieve, regardless of their sex or sexual orientation.

P.S. I am not meaning to offend anyone, I have friends who have gone through the process of IVF (unsucessfully) on the NHS and I am aware of how tough it is, and their reasons were medical complications they suffered after serious illness. I do feel for anyone going through the procedure. It's just my perosnal opinion they should heal the sick first. It must be very difficult to decide what should come under NHS and what shouldn't as it's such a personal and passionate subject (and rightly so). I certainley wouldn't want the job!

Edited by Mungypup

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

I've never wanted children so I don't think i'll ever understand that deep desire felt by some. I'm not sure however how I feel about conception being paid for by the NHS at all, when there are other treatments that they say cost too much, like all these cancer wonder drugs. Surely people who are already in existance, very sick, and have paid into the system should be priority over the production of more people. It is a sensetive subject, and one many feel passionate about, and my intention is not to offend anybody, but I think someone's right to survive should surpass another's want to concieve, regardless of their sex or sexual orientation.

P.S. I am not meaning to offend anyone, I have friends who have gone through the process of IVF (unsucessfully) on the NHS and I am aware of how tough it is, and their reasons were medical complications they suffered after serious illness. I do feel for anyone going through the procedure. It's just my perosnal opinion they should heal the sick first. It must be very difficult to decide what should come under NHS and what shouldn't as it's such a personal and passionate subject (and rightly so). I certainley wouldn't want the job!

Of course, I respect your view.

However, what should be understood is that many young women have undergone extensive treatments for Cancer, which ended up with them having to have their wombs removed; radical lifesaving surgery. The lucky ones (if I can use that term) retain their ovaries.

But, cannot carry a child biologically.

These women can, if they can get though the rigorous screening by the NHS follow the IVF route in order be able to have a chiild...they lost their wombs because they were very, very sick indeed!

Young women in their 20's and 30's have the natural right to have a child or have their eggs/embryo(s) frozen and should be assisted by the NHS.

Thiis is not cosmetic surgery, furthermore, the IVF route is not for the faint hearted.

The Gov. should have proper screening in place, which could prevent the Cancer in the first place:

Prevention rather than a cure is always best.

There are other causes of infertility but the people who have been affected by Cancer IMHO take priority of place.

Last year the Labour Gov; GB was petitioned about screening; Labour let these women and their families down?

Ann Keen, made promises which were not kept?

I had a hysterectomey age 29. Luckily, I already had my daughter. Just this year I suffered an horrendous series of life threatening illnesses. I would have loved to have another child, but it wasn't meant to be :|

I had a hysterectomey age 29. Luckily, I already had my daughter. Just this year I suffered an horrendous series of life threatening illnesses. I would have loved to have another child, but it wasn't meant to be :|

Soft Hugs!

Let us hope that Andrew Lansley serves these women better than Labour did.