THE Election - Made your mind up yet ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Mackerel, Batman!

You thought Blair & Co were set on trampling on individual liberties?

Well, their problem was they obviously thought too small. Meet the man who's intent on doing it from the top:

Metro UK - 20/05/2010 digital edition

First, the 55%, then this? I knew he was related to the Queen, I didn't realise he was intent in becoming King himself! Well, when I say King... I think the correct word is actually "dictator". :-|

Ah well, look on the bright side. At least you'll get the chance to kick them out in 5 years, which is more than you can say for the people who make most of our laws. Plus, Gordon has gone!

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I have always thought that Lewis Hamilton was too young for his job. Does win some, but has lost many races through rash, ill judged decisions (just like a typical teenager). I think his younger age has a lot to do with it.

I have the same feeling with these 2 barn pots running the country. We are going to suffer more than we have done lately. Mark my words.

Metro UK - 20/05/2010 digital edition

And so it begins:(

(Thanks for that link Bookster);)

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

That is absolutely fantastic. The whole thing has been totally ridiculous. You either like a house and want it, or you don't. You don't buy a house because of its energy certificate, and half the time a conveyancing solicitor will do the work again anyway.

Well it was probably all to do with Gordon's ever-growing list of stealth taxes. We're probably still lumbered with most of them and will be until the mess that Labour left behind is sorted out.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Gordon Brown is not the Labour party :rolleyes:

ConDem will do far, far worse ;)

We shall see. For me, it's difficult to see how anything could be worse than Brown and the Labour party. Let's face it, we would be in for a tough time whoever had been voted in because of the mess Labour made of the economy. In a way, I would like to have seen Brown left where he was to clear it up, but it's been left to the other two.

Regards.

Fred

The thing about Gordon, and the Labour Party, is that actually they did lots of good things for some people. My elderly mother says she's now financially secure thanks to things like Winter Fuel payments, no tv licence and other minor benefits, but it's at the expense of lots of other people's tax bills, including mine ( when I was working;))

No matter how hard they try, Labour will always be a tax-and-spend party, and are too nervous to take the really hard decisions that the current economic realities demand. Take the VAT reduction for example. Who rushed out to spend because there was 2 1/2% off the prices, when the majority of retailers were already knocking 30% off their prices in an effort to get us to part with our money.

All it did was reduce the Govt's income by £12bn, and allow Gordon and his pals to say they were taking action to help the economy.........and that's the line they'd continue to adopt if they were still in power. All talk and not much action

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Good news also that HIP, (Home Information Pack) is also ending!

Hmmm... Not so good news for the people who have trained, invested, and got a job they thought would be for a long time to deal with them and are now out of a job with no warning. :rolleyes:

Not so good news for people who will now go back to pay for searches instead.

Ah well, look on the bright side. At least you'll get the chance to kick them out in 5 years,

Here's hoping... But if you can't see that he is already changing things within 1 week so he can't get challenged or kicked out, then you need to wake up. This is just the top of the iceberg, mark my words. :-(

Here's hoping... But if you can't see that he is already changing things within 1 week so he can't get challenged or kicked out, then you need to wake up. This is just the top of the iceberg, mark my words. :-(

Like I said before Bookie, I'm relaxed about things. Not because I particularly like what we've got, but because it's too early to tell yet. I can't see this lasting for too long to be honest but whatever happens we will all suffer because of the mess left behind by Gordon Brown and Labour.

One thing is for sure - not one of the tens of millions of voters got the government they chose on May 6th. I can't see Cameron getting too out of hand because his coalition partners won't let him. Let's just see.

Hmmm... Not so good news for the people who have trained, invested, and got a job they thought would be for a long time to deal with them and are now out of a job with no warning. :rolleyes:

Not so good news for people who will now go back to pay for searches instead.

But that's the problem exactly......unnecessary, comfortable public sector jobs, to massage the jobless totals.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

But that's the problem exactly......unnecessary, comfortable public sector jobs, to massage the jobless totals.

Precisely. All at high salaries, inflation-busting pay rises and big pensions, paid for by those of us in the private sector, the wealth makers, who are not afforded the same luxury.

Before anyone whinges about that comment, my Wife works in the Public sector in a very non-cushy job and my Daughter is a student Nurse - also not a cushy vocation. I am not against the public sector per se, just those in it who do totally unnecessary jobs and I am sure there are plenty of those. Mind you, I'm not sure that we will see the back of all of the non-jobs while Clegg's mob have a say but that remains to be seen.

Agree Fred!

This also looks to be a step in the right direction:

Credit Today online

Well if Credit Today and its cronies are against it, it must be good news for the rest of us.

To pick up Fred's point about pensions, the average private employer's contribution to a pension scheme ( if they have make any contribution at all mind you!!!) is about 5% or 6% .

For teachers, the employer's contribution.....ie from the taxpayers...is 14%, and they can all retire at 60, instead of 65 like the private sector.,

Cushy ain't the word!!

To pick up Fred's point about pensions, the average private employer's contribution to a pension scheme ( if they have make any contribution at all mind you!!!) is about 5% or 6% .

For teachers, the employer's contribution.....ie from the taxpayers...is 14%, and they can all retire at 60, instead of 65 like the private sector.,

Cushy ain't the word!!

Not to mention 13 weeks holidays a year! I know, I know, they mark homework at home and do a bit during the summer hols too. I have to go abroad now and then and I can assure you that getting up at 4 to catch a flight then finishing work at 8pm is not cushy. I'm not high up the scale either - it's much worse for the ones who do it frequently.

Edited by Fred Bassett

I see Diane Abbot has put herself up for the leadership of the Labour party. I wonder what her chances are. Another Labour hypocrite who likes to tell the rest of us to how to live our lives and would have all of us send our kids to state-run schools but has her own educated privately.

I hope she wins.

I hope Diane wins too. :D The rest of them are all the same. I think it would be good if the Labour party had a leftwinger in charge.

As far as being a hypocrite over her son's education is concerned though, I think Cameron is far worse.

Diane has at least said it's a fair cop and she is putting her son before party politics - and she is paying the fees. CallmeDave sending his daughter to a state primary to show he's one of the people is just ludicrous and doesn't fool anyone. His daughter does not go to the 'local' primary. She goes to a very successful middle-class primary in the middle of Kensington - quite a trek from his home. There are 22 other state primaries closer to his house. He could afford to pay for a place at a private school for his daughter, and by doing so make a place at that very good school available to a child whose parent(s) can't afford to pay fees, so will have to settle for second best for their child. :(

The funniest thing to watch on This Week was when it first started many, many years ago. She and Michael Portillo would have a good six inches of space between them at the beginning of the programme and during the time it was on she would edge closer and closer to him, inch by inch, until she was touching him. Now they just sit touching from the beginning. :eek:

The funniest thing to watch on This Week was when it first started many, many years ago. She and Michael Portillo would have a good six inches of space between them at the beginning of the programme and during the time it was on she would edge closer and closer to him, inch by inch, until she was touching him. Now they just sit touching from the beginning. :eek:

Didn't somebody compare the two of them to biscuits , saying one was a custard cream and the other one a bourbon!?