THE Election - Made your mind up yet ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

by Bookworm:

"However, all in all, when making up my mind, I find generally that I agree more with Labour than with the other parties and that in turn leads to my choice when voting."

And that of course, is your choice.

What a fuss about an omlette...!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true that newspapers (and tv news) slants what they print in the direction 'they' want to go and not how it is by only picking on the bits 'they' want you to hear.

If there was a tax cut and a tax rise, you can bet that the Mail would emphasise the rise and the Sun the cut. You have to hear the full story and make the decisions yourself.

Agree, that is why I take a cross section of papers, in order (hopefully) to gain a more balanced view.

And no, I do not believe everything I read in the papers. But, without the media in general we would all be back in the days of, could/should I say; ignorance.

Let's move on, the following will I think be of interest:

BBC News - Nick Clegg says cuts move 'painful but necessary'

:

The deputy prime minister also launched a fierce attack on what he said was "careless" spending by Labour in its final months, saying they made "extraordinary commitments...which they knew they could not honour".

”The Treaty of Lisbon is the same as the rejected constitution. Only the format has been changed to avoid referendums.”

Valéry Giscard d’Estaing,

former French President and President of the Constitutional Convention. 27 October 2007

Ever been conned?

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

”The Treaty of Lisbon is the same as the rejected constitution. Only the format has been changed to avoid referendums.”

former French President and President of the Constitutional Convention. 27 October 2007

Ever been conned?

Ever seen a bitter old man, angry at seeing what he saw as his masterpiece and guaranteed entry in history books being thrown in the bin, then spitting and finger pointing at its replacement? :rolleyes:

Ever been conned?

The British Public were conned by Blair & Brown.

Fred, I cannot comment on the Falkland War fully, (CagBot will come along) other than UK territory was invaded;

Mrs. Thatcher did us Proud.

Let's move on, the following will I think be of interest:

BBC News - Nick Clegg says cuts move 'painful but necessary'

:

The deputy prime minister also launched a fierce attack on what he said was "careless" spending by Labour in its final months, saying they made "extraordinary commitments...which they knew they could not honour".

ah yes, saw that. A cynic might say that they are setting themselves up in such a manner that if they manage to heal the economy (unlikely), they will then be able to crow it from the rooftops, whilst if they fail (likely), they can say "well, we tried our best, but things were soooo bad when we got here, what did you expect?".

Of course, this way, they can justify the most outrageous cuts by saying that it's all the fault of the previous incumbents, nothing to do with us, guv, honest.

On this note, we have only one dongle between all of us, as VM modem has crashed and I must let my son have a turn, so I bid you all good day, hopefully back later when he is in bed!

The British Public were conned by Blair & Brown.

Fred, I cannot comment on the Falkland War fully, (CagBot will come along) other than UK territory was invaded;

Oh dear lord. I can not comment fully on THAT or CAGbot will be along. :oops:

The way things are going, the Euro and with the the EU as we know it may well be going down the tubes. If that happens it won't be an issue any longer. What's interesting is that almost every time people have been given a chance to vote on matters European they have rejected it. First time round anyway. What then happens is that they are told to vote again on this time "get the answer right".

The whole European project is undemocratic.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Which is actually the way it is and a very fair comment.

She certainly did.

You can afford almost £10 a week to fritter away on toilet paper? :eek::rolleyes:

You can afford omelettes? :eek::rolleyes:

I have no love for Tony Blair either. Personally, I thought he was a grinning idiot :D But he was better than what came before ;)

You cannot be serious Fred and AC? :eek:

Margaret Thatcher did more to ruin the economy and infastructure than any other politician in history!

You both were obviously not caught up in the holocaust of heavy industry, utilities and public services.

Which is actually the way it is and a very fair comment.

But, didn't Brown do exactly the same and for 13 years?

Brown, constantly referred back; 13 years about what the Tories did wrong!

Government to spend its way out of credit crunch

October 21st, 2008

UK Prime minister or (Sub Prime minister as he was called this week), Gordon Brown and his bushy eyebrowed sidekick the UK Chancellor Alistair Darling are to bring forward projects and spend the UK out of recession, they are planning to build more roads, schools and hospitals to get the UK Economy back on track.

Although the UK’s national debt is way over target at 37 Billion Pounds, Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling think the way forward is with yet more borrowing so they can get the economy moving, they argue that spending the money by bringing planned projects forward will boost the economy and if they don’t spend it the effects of the credit crunch will be even worse.

The Labour Party; spend. spend, spend has proven to be disasterous: IRRESPONSIBLE SPENDING!!!

Brown, sold the countries GOLD to China, when Chancellor?

GOLD is now at a record high!

Estimated loss to the TaxPayer: £7Billion; [Emphasis Estimated]

She certainly did.

Big high five for AC and FB. At least there was 2 people she did proud. I thought there was less.:cool:

Slaggy Maggie. Just 2 minutes in an empty room with her please..

No wait.....1 will do. (and that is not for sexual pleasure):D.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Big high five for AC and FB. At least there was 2 people she did proud. I thought there was less.:cool:

Slaggy Maggie. Just 2 minutes in an empty room with her please..

No wait.....1 will do. (and that is not for sexual pleasure):D.

I think there may have been more than 2, hence the fact she won 3 elections on the bounce, the last 2 with massive majorities - then Major went on to win a 4th.

Blair won 3 as well, I know, but Gordon was unable to to the same. I think Tony got out at the right time. I think the point is here that people simply get fed up of having the same mob in time after time which is why 'time for a change' or 'things can only get better' seem to resonate so well with people.

It will very interesting to see how this lot get on. Looking at some of the views on here, after only 2 weeks some opinions are already entrenched even for self-proclaimed intellectuals and free thinkers.

I can't say I'm over excited at what we've got - let's face it nobody voted for a coalition. Whoever had won though, we would all suffer for the mess Labour left behind eventually.

But, didn't Brown do exactly the same and for 13 years?

Brown, constantly referred back; 13 years about what the Tories did wrong!

the difference, as I have pointed out many a time, is that the previous recession was (wo)man-made and very much of the Tories' doing. This one is global, caused by economic liberalism, greed and fraudulent behaviours pushed by the very people who vote for the Republicans/Tories/right wing parties.

Looking at some of the views on here, after only 2 weeks some opinions are already entrenched even for self-proclaimed intellectuals and free thinkers.

Oh dear. Where did anyone call themselves intellectuals? Being able to think for oneself doesn't make one an intellectual, Fred. You should try it sometimes. :razz:

and I shall tell you, AGAIN, that my ideas are no entrenched after 2 weeks. My FEARS were there before that lot got in, and my FEARS are that I will be right. If I am wrong, I am no masochist, I would be absolutely delighted if we don't get an increase in VAT to about 20%, I would be delirious with joy if the vulnerable in society don't get to jump through further hoops to get the minimum they're entitled to, if the "tax on jobs" so decried by the new lot were to get overturned and no just kept on AS WELL as the VAT rise... Of course I would! I would love it if the goods bits in the manifesto hadn't been thrown out when the coalition agreement came in, if we were going to be protected from further rises in fuel as promised before the election, etc, etc...

I would love it. Until I see it happening, I just don't believe it. not any more that I believe that troops will get pulled out of where they don't belong any time soon. I wonder who you will blame then as the bodies keep on piling up. :-(

PS: according to a newspaper article I saw earlier, the plans for our future were leaked, and in it is this: IB claimants to be assessed for work and if deemed to be fit for work (by whom, one wonders, the spectacularly awful ATOS?), then they'll be downgraded to JSA.

Now since it was in the papers, I am hoping that this is just spin and will wait until I read the actual documents myself to decide, but IF it is true... for shame, Condems, for deep shame. :-(

Let's hope it's not true, hey?

I can't wait for Bookie to start the "I TOLD YOU SO" thread.

I am positive it will happen.

I (unfortunately) have to go to ATOS myself first thing in the morning:(. But that's another thread.

I am breathing, so obviously I am fit for work!

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I wonder who you will blame then as the bodies keep on piling up. :-(

Blair.