THE Election - Made your mind up yet ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just sit here and worry now on how long it is going to take for me and my family to be below the poverty line. Oh, I know we weren't that far above, but at least, we just about managed.

But I know my place, someone is going to have to pay for those millions in inheritance tax savings, and as a working-class family on low income, with top-up from disability benefits, we're right in the line of fire from both sides. :-(

Booky, we all struggle...

Re: the inheritance tax issue, that has been scrapped for the time being.

Please give the new (coalition) Gov., a chance...early days!

Booky, we all struggle...

Re: the inheritance tax issue, that has been scrapped for the time being.

Please give the new (coalition) Gov., a chance...early days!

Not to mention that Brown was lying about Tory and Libdem plans on tax credits, so they should be safe unless you earn more than 50 grand.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

DC, made it quite clear in his speech that, people who earn up £10.000 per year or, less will benefit from the new Gov!

Unless of course you happen to work in the public sector in which case your job is under threat. But of course the public sector workers are all a bunch of tea swilling beaurocrats who dont do anything to help society.

Damm I had a tory moment then

Unless of course you happen to work in the public sector in which case your job is under threat. But of course the public sector workers are all a bunch of tea swilling beaurocrats who dont do anything to help society.

Damm I had a tory moment then

The problem is Woody, there are too many of them - an extra 750,000 in the last 13 years, all with protected pensions and salaries, on average, higher than people in the private sector. Who are they all? They are certainly not all Nurses, Teachers, Doctors etc., the sort of people we all want. I suspect many of them are there to enforce the thousands of new laws passed by Labour. They should be the first to go.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Keep hearing T's 'not keen' on this coalition BTW that's being polite, but DC was determined to get in that door, so it was 'Save Dave' which prevailed. The power Mr Clegg holds is immense which is a saving grace because if the T's get nasty Mr Clegg can expose it and Lib Dems could refuse to work with them as a coalition. So I say 'Behave Dave!'

Edited by determindator

The problem is Woody, there are too many of them - an extra 750,000 in the last 13 years, all with protected pensions and salaries, on average, higher than people in the private sector. Who are they all? They are certainly not all Nurses, Teachers, Doctors etc., the sort of people we all want. I suspect many of them are there to enforce the thousands of new laws passed by Labour. They should be the first to go.

Well both myself and Mrs Woody both work in the public sector. I do the totaly uneccessary job of teaching long term unemployed people literacy and numeracy and Mrs Woody is that total Tory target of a tea drinking layabout civil servant who reguarly does 60 hour weeks for no extra pay. The country will be so much better off without the likes of us.

guillotine.jpg

Its actually a picture of an antiquated welsh coal mine that was too expensive to keep subsidising from tax payers funds so unfortunately had to be shut :rolleyes:... you can see the picks and shovels in the workers hands :D...

Ducks and runs off quick.....

guillotine.jpg

Looks to me like an old Paul Daniels magic trick. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

As an ex civil servant (I did 10 years) with many friends who are still in the Civil service I am disgusted at people's opinions of those who usually work bloody hard for peanuts to try and help people as much as they can and do their job as best they can considering the service they are left with and have to try to work with :mad::mad::mad:

Average wage more than people in the private sector??!! :lol:! I'm sorry dear but you are very much wrong there if you are talking about the majority of front line staff. As with any establishment, it's the big wigs at the top who earn all the real money, and it's them who need to go. NOT those who ARE needed in order to provide the services needed. The cuts will go ahead and would have regardless of who won. Labour have already been cutting staff for years, with no regard of the mess that it caused. One of the many reasons I left was because it was too stressfull, being expected to carry out the same ammount of work with half the staff. It doesn't work. People are expected to do overtime they are not paid for just to keep their head above water. This idea of a bunch of people sat around doing nothing drinking tea infuriates me and smacks of nothing but bloody ignorance! As for their pensions and slalaries being protected, pah, that's why they have been striking, because the gov are as good at keepig promises to their staff as they are with the rest of their policies. Traditionally they got good pensions and one reason for that was because of the low pay they got in comparision. Those days are long gone.

Edited by Mungypup
changed they to the gov to avoid confusion

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz: