THE Election - Made your mind up yet ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lets keep it civil, can we?

Thank you.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As an ex civil servant (I did 10 years) with many friends who are still in the Civil service I am disgusted at people's opinions of those who usually work bloody hard for peanuts to try and help people as much as they can and do their job as best they can considering the service they are left with and have to try to work with :mad::mad::mad:

Average wage more than people in the private sector??!! :lol:! I'm sorry dear but you are very much wrong there if you are talking about the majority of front line staff. As with any establishment, it's the big wigs at the top who earn all the real money, and it's them who need to go. NOT those who ARE needed in order to provide the services needed. The cuts will go ahead and would have regardless of who won. Labour have already been cutting staff for years, with no regard of the mess that it caused. One of the many reasons I left was because it was too stressfull, being expected to carry out the same ammount of work with half the staff. It doesn't work. People are expected to do overtime they are not paid for just to keep their head above water. This idea of a bunch of people sat around doing nothing drinking tea infuriates me and smacks of nothing but bloody ignorance! As for their pensions and slalaries being protected, pah, that's why they have been striking, because the gov are as good at keepig promises to their staff as they are with the rest of their policies. Traditionally they got good pensions and one reason for that was because of the low pay they got in comparision. Those days are long gone.

I'd like to know where it was in my post that I said any of the things you appear to have ascribed to me.

All I have asked is who the extra 750,000 are and what they are doing. That's a fair question in my mind given that my taxes go towards paying for them.

My wife works in the public sector - right in the 'front line' at a special needs school. I am not anti public sector. I just want to know why we need 750,000 more public sector workers than we had 13 years ago. Some of them will be additional health care workers and teachers which I am all in favour of. But who are the rest and why do we need them?

They are legitimate questions, not statements of fact.

As far as wages are concerned, here is just one article: Public sector pay races ahead in recession - Times Online

I know that there are bound to be good reasons for some of this, like a lot of the lower-paid workers being contracted out from public to private, but I also know that my wife's salary has increased by a much bigger percentage than mine over the last 10 years.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

This shows a few of them Fred

_46312736_nhs_staff_466gr.gif

Gotta say I am surprised that there are more admin/support than there are nurses in the NHS. I expect admin/support includes things like cleaners. Managers almost doubled looking at that graph.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

This shows a few of them Fred

_46312736_nhs_staff_466gr.gif

Gotta say I am surprised that there are more admin/support than there are nurses in the NHS. I expect admin/support includes things like cleaners. Managers almost doubled looking at that graph.

Well most of the cleaners are probably contracted out and therefore in the private sector, so they wouldn't count as members of the NHS.

You shouldn't be surprised at the extra admin. staff - somebody has to 'monitor' all of the targets that have been set and then fiddle the figures. Health professionals should be left alone to decide who needs what treatment on the basis of need, not on the basis of some artificial target.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Unbelievable. Tories in power for less than half an hour and already a Scottish family is unemployed and homeless. :D :D :D

Don't worry, he'll get a big fat pension that most of us could only ever dream about and we have to pay for it.. Most of us haven't wrecked the economy and the pensions industry or wantonly sold the country's gold for the wrong price either.

According to the Times article I linked to earlier, there are actually 914,000 more public sector workers now than there were 13 years ago, not the 750,000 that I was quoting.

We have definitely not got 914,000 extra Teachers, Nurses and Doctors.

Edited by Fred Bassett

Lets keep it civil, can we?

Thank you.

Civil?

:

Cromwell died on 3 September 1658, the anniversary of two of his greatest victories; twenty months later Charles II was recalled from exile and the monarchy restored. Cromwell had been buried in Westminster Abbey, but in 1661 he was exhumed and hanged in his shroud at Tyburn. His head was cut off and displayed outside Westminster Hall"

by Fred Basset:

"We have definitely not got 914,000 extra Teachers, Nurses and Doctors."

There are too many managers, there are too many scribblers and all on high salaries!

The people that are needed, as Fred says, are qualified teachers, nurses, doctors etc...

Cut out the high salaries that are being paid to the civil servant pen pusher's.

Take a look at your local council, take a look at the salaries paid out to the bod's at the top

Take a look at the colossal money that Ed Ball's wasted on education; mind boggling.

Please do not misunderstand my word's, the people on the ground deserve to be paid well (they are not) but not the, so called manager's

Unbelievable. Tories in power for less than half an hour and already a Scottish family is unemployed and homeless. :D :D :D

Ah, but there's the thing, he isn't unemployed, he only stepped down as leader and not as an MP, so if he is too pig headed to sit on the opposition benches, he will still be paid.

If he don't show up I think we should start a No10 petition to get him to relinquish his MP status as well or he will be no better than the chavs that stay at home and get paid.

Ah, but there's the thing, he isn't unemployed, he only stepped down as leader and not as an MP, so if he is too pig headed to sit on the opposition benches, he will still be paid.

If he don't show up I think we should start a No10 petition to get him to relinquish his MP status as well or he will be no better than the chavs that stay at home and get paid.

I thought we had stopped talking about the royal family

He has stated that he will step down as an MP as well.

So who are these 914,000 extra public sector workers that we have employed since 1997? I see Woody is online, perhaps he would like to tell us all. I for one would love to know.

We've seen from the graph above that there are about 175,000 extra admin. staff in the NHS, all vital and much more important in a health service than doctors and nurses I'm sure - but what about the rest?

So who are these 914,000 extra public sector workers that we have employed since 1997? I see Woody is online, perhaps he would like to tell us all. I for one would love to know.

We've seen from the graph above that there are about 175,000 extra admin. staff in the NHS, all vital and much more important in a health service than doctors and nurses I'm sure - but what about the rest?

Well forgive me if I cant account for every job in the public sector, however I will put the ball back into your court and ask you to prove these figures that you are qouting. It has certainly not been my experience of huge overstaffing. I did read with interest a post made on here a few days ago when someone was calling for all outreach workers to be sacked, without having a clue what an outreach worker was.

Here is my attempt to debunk the figures.

The Other TaxPayers' Alliance | Right-wing think-tank demolishes public spending myth

Ah well, we'll know soon enough from Osborne's emergency budget what's to be cut. I do suspect that a lot of jobs could go without it having the slightest effect on front line services.

We shall see.

wall.gif Good start. Not.

Appointed to Home Secretary and Minister for Women and Equality, please make room for Ms May Theresa.

Her track record, she has voted

- against repealing section 28

- against lowering the age of consent in homosexual relationships to 16

- against gay adoption rights

- against Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill which would give homosexual couples the ability to receive fertility treatment.

She also refused to attend vote on Gender Recognition Act that allows transsexuals to change their legal gender.

*sigh* :-(

She's a f'ing bigot.

Shh... look at what trouble saying that got Gordon Brown in!!!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar