Sheriff puts Bank of Scotland to proof on bank charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... ask solicitor/barrister to set up private account to fight banks .... start donations into it... when it hits certain targets they do the work...

What kind of work are you thinking ?

Loco my love, does the search bar thingy work if I do it from Chrome? (Yes, I have finally switched!)

100% certain yes. Your visit to the site (not what browser you use) is what counts towards the funds that they pay CAG.

Sorry all for distracting from this important issue.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Now here's an idea for a 'double whammy': https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3863/

This will, obviously, only work with Firefox and somebody is bound to have an objection, but it's worth thinking about.

What you do is record a macro in Firefox, using this addin, that utilises the CAG toolbar to do a search for, say, MBNA. You then click the paid link and afterwards return to the CAG page - stop the macro and then run it to loop 500 times. The CAG gets paid and MBNA take a hit on their advertising budget. If we could get all 250,000 members to do this for a couple of hours a night for a few weeks, we'd be rich and MBNA would be sunk without a trace.

It's got to be worth a shot. I think I'll give it a go and see how I get on.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Why does the toolbar not show up on my Firefox browser?:confused:

Check your addons in Firefox.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Now here's an idea for a 'double whammy': https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3863/

This will, obviously, only work with Firefox and somebody is bound to have an objection, but it's worth thinking about.

What you do is record a macro in Firefox, using this addin, that utilises the CAG toolbar to do a search for, say, MBNA. You then click the paid link and afterwards return to the CAG page - stop the macro and then run it to loop 500 times. The CAG gets paid and MBNA take a hit on their advertising budget. If we could get all 250,000 members to do this for a couple of hours a night for a few weeks, we'd be rich and MBNA would be sunk without a trace.

Fred

Let me know and can you elaborate further on this i love these sort of things ...not illegal is it???,,,,ERRRRR on 2nd thought I better stick to the Fread...Fred!!!

Edited by means2anend

Fred

I think it would happen a little differently tbh. Adsense (or the advertising company) will catch on to the amount of clicks going through (compared to normal) and eventually ban CAG's account - as well as refunding the advertiser all of the clicks charged. It's been tried many times before by online blackhatters.

Edited by zingy

Well, it is at the bottom of every page as it is... :shock:

Personally, I don't think that it's prominent enough - and the PayPal donation button isn't too 'eye catching' either.

The people at CAG would be far better getting their web designer to pop a 150x150 image at the top of the green set of ads on the left handside of the site. From the masses of research conducted online, it's either the far right or far left handside where people look on a website and concentrate their view; not at the bottom of the page to see if there is an address to send a cheque.

Oh and if people choose to use PayPal to make a donation, small donations will be wiped out by the fees; e.g. if someone donates £1 to CAG, then I guess they'll get about 75p after all of the charges etc. At the level CAG is receiving, I'd guess they're on the worst rate: 20p charge per transaction and 3.4% of the total amount taken in fees.

Edited by zingy

Well I'm having a clear out and sending all my ex holiday currency that won't be used as I can no longer afford such exotic locations!

Fred's idea gets my vote. As I no longer have a job I can manage about 12 hours a day of hitting MBNA...

DPM

I just realised you can get iMacros for Google Chrome and IE as well.

It wouldn't work because the DCAs know who pays their wages. The DCA would just ring the bank in question and say "Somebody's having a laugh and they want me to come round and give you a hard time, which obviously I'm not goting to do as you pay my wages. Do me a favour and settle this bill will you?"

There have been a couple of CAGers who did send in the bailiffs. It would have been great to have been a fly on the wall or even accompanied the bailiffs with a camera crew from Despatches!

What would be better is if somebody got together a crowd of CAGers, alerted the media and then went round to collect the outstanding refund. Hopefully the resultant press coverage should make the news and set a lot of people thinking.

DPM

Credit Today online

Credit Today mention it at last !!

Walls is believed to have been charged large penalties on her current account for years after going into her overdraft.

It's a pity they described these as 'Penalties' though ...... when a High Court has decreed they're not ......:(.

But never mind , it's publicity anyway ........ :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Although it's happened in the nicest possible way - for the best of reasons, wouldn't it be better to open a thread on fundraising (with a capital F of course) and leave this thread to its original task of monitoring the scottish (and, if there are, other cases) action.

I, too, am not over enamoured with PayPal's commission.

Sounds like a good idea kennyh ...... but I'm still waiting for a lead from the Mods .... it would be better if they were involved ...... after all it IS their site ..... lol :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

fighting fund ring fenced by CAG is not the answer.... ask solicitor/barrister to set up private account to fight banks .... start donations into it... when it hits certain targets they do the work... use some money to gain support, facebook for more donations, media to promote, dam even vince cable might donate and advertise.... if we believe we can win the fight then this is way to go.... if we feel there is another way such as creating a run on a particular bank to force their hand then that would be better and get more media interest.... it has to be sustained and every Cagger has to support and talk 5 or more into supporting.... the front page of CAG and all moderators needs to show support...

We musn't forget this is a site , basically administered by BF and the Site Team members .... we need input from them on these proposals ...... so c'mon ST members .... we need a lead ........ please ?:)

Sounds like a good idea kennyh ...... but I'm still waiting for a lead from the Mods .... it would be better if they were involved ...... after all it IS their site ..... lol :D

Well it would be nice to see a response from either Admin or The Site Team be it a negative or positive . Come on guys these peeps are waiting!!!!!

Thanks for your support Tills :)

Nemo me impune lacessit