192.com people finder

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry, CB - reading my post again, I forgot to mention why DX diverted me here.

I posted elsewhere about 192 and another site - Yasni - which I have no idea what to do about because I'm not going to give them any more of my information and so far I haven't found out how to stop them linking my name all over the net.

So, 192 is a start and another company who were totally unaware that my name in an obscure part of their website was searchable - so they've taken immediate steps on request with absolutely no hassle whatsoever.

Another organisation did the same a while back for me and again, they did not realise that the way some personal info in a newsletter on their website was easily searchable.

It's these 'anonymous' operations who are out of control.

Hope that makes sense now.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to Subject Access Request, 192.com ?

If so, can we ask for them to provide details of where they obtained the personal information they are selling ?

I have been advised that it is now £29.95 for 100 credits !!

So If I want to see what personal information they hold on me, online.. I have to pay nearly £30.00 to obtain it.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well considering they are processing you personal data I should co-coa. ;)

:thumb:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 4 weeks later...

It should be removed reasonably quickly, however, if you are a director of a company registered with Companies House it will be back on in a matter of weeks!

These unmitigated slimeballs told me they trawl Companies House (and elsewhere) every 4-6 weeks and their system updates the info. As someone else on here stated; therefore they are not in control of the date they are processing!! surely an issue under the DPA.

Especially now that they are owned by Experian - something I feel should be looked at. The CRAs IMHO are no longer fit for purpose and a new system should be set up.

If a company had fouled up and that mistake stopped them gaining new business for six years don't you think they would protest very loudly.... however as we are the 'little people' here and OUR data is a 'saleable commodity' it is seen as fair game - sales of data lists were banned ages ago but still goes on in various thinly disguised ways.

Another point - why should WE have to opt out of these systems and then be put back onto them in a few weeks time?

Especially now that they are owned by Experian

Well that's appalling.

There has to be a conflict of interest here - or misuse of data, whatever - I totally agree that CRAs need a thorough overhaul.

I sent my form about a month ago and nothing has been done!

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is known, but looking at PayPals updated T & C'c the following are contacted and notified by them for accounts, it includes 192.com:

CRIF (Italy), Cerved B.I (Italy), Coface (France), Synectics Solutions Limited (UK), MCL Hunter (UK), GB Group plc (UK), Graydon (UK), iQor Recovery Services Limited (UK),UK Data Limited (UK), ICC Information Limited (UK), Payment Trust Limited (UK), 192.com (UK), 192.com Limited (UK), i-CD Publishing (UK) Limited (UK), Experian Netherlands BV (Netherlands), Experian Bureau de Credito SA (Spain), Informa D&B SA (Spain), Informa Solutions GmbH (Germany), Arvato Infoscore GmbH (Germany), and CRIBIS D&B S.r.l. (Italy).

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

Not sure if this is known, but looking at PayPals updated T & C'c the following are contacted and notified by them for accounts, it includes 192.com:

CRIF (Italy), Cerved B.I (Italy), Coface (France), Synectics Solutions Limited (UK), MCL Hunter (UK), GB Group plc (UK), Graydon (UK), iQor Recovery Services Limited (UK),UK Data Limited (UK), ICC Information Limited (UK), Payment Trust Limited (UK), 192.com (UK), 192.com Limited (UK), i-CD Publishing (UK) Limited (UK), Experian Netherlands BV (Netherlands), Experian Bureau de Credito SA (Spain), Informa D&B SA (Spain), Informa Solutions GmbH (Germany), Arvato Infoscore GmbH (Germany), and CRIBIS D&B S.r.l. (Italy).

I dont understand this - If you are just using PayPal as a method of payment, then there is no reason for them to notify Credit Reference Agencies ?

BCOBS

One of my sons deals on Ebay, he tells me the use

CRAs for tracing and verification of users.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

192.com is now part of the Experian empire, it has a load of inaccurate data of people 'connected' to me who I have no knowledge of and they refuse to reveal the originating source or remove the inaccurate data. I have therefore asked Experian to confirm that they are now the data controller, they refuse to reply.

I can only assume that there has been a change in some EU regulation that affects everyone in the EU and so the change, though I didnt read previous ones so it may well have been there before.

Also money laundering is being cracked down on and I suppose PayPal could be classed as aiding the offence if they dont do required checks.

But again Orwells 1984 is centre stage for us.

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

192.com is now part of the Experian empire, it has a load of inaccurate data of people 'connected' to me who I have no knowledge of and they refuse to reveal the originating source or remove the inaccurate data. I have therefore asked Experian to confirm that they are now the data controller, they refuse to reply.

ICO complaint then, if enough complain then there is a chance that something may well be changed.

• 3 months later...

I've been reading through all this, and found it really interesting.. 192 have been around for yonks, and I knew about them.. It seems they have abused their information..

Also things have changed alot from the early days of collection of data, now alot like to dip into this kind of personal information to make a 'big brother file' on us, and share that to their own advantage.

As you quite rightly say, it also gives alot of unsavoury people access to commit fraud, hunt down people for detrimental effect. I am impressed with 'Teaboy2's letter as it should ensure that his personal data is never re-input by their system..

I don't know if he's checked lately to see if they've infact put his info back on. If they haven't then it would be worth using section 10,11, 12 to send them to ensure our personal information is not ever put back on.

Dis anyone ever report them for their mis-use of information? Have they had to clean up? I am fairly careful with own 'information' being on systems. I do have facebook account, but its in version of my name.. but not my name, lol and the same with Twitter, I am aware what can be accomplished by collating data.. not for me to miss-use, but due to having an ex in the police, and the fact that he had been having affairs.

I wanted closure on that, so I like a police officer gathered my evidence to prove his infidelities.. (so like a P.I). However I do not agree with what this company is doing and wish to send a letter like 'Teaboy2' to get my info and my parents info removed.

Edited by citizenB
formatting

we have all made numrious complants to everybody, inculuding in my case comeing from police officers etc, and all we get is they will remove our data this time but there systems are automatic and the data will reaper when they download the infomation from their various sources, but they will not give us who these sources are as they are company confidentional infomation so we go around and around every few weeks

192.com are now part of the Experian network so the chances of getting your data cleaned up is zilch.

Experian et al should be disbanded as no longer fit for purpose (IMHO), after all many employers are now using credit ratings to 'weed out' undesirable applicants and any mark on your rating means you won't get a job with them.

This is adding fuel to the fire of the demise of this once great country.

Surely if you say you want your info removed. That means until, you consent/write to give permission they can't use it on their system. Doesn't matter where they are getting it from. The fact THEY are the ones updating their system by their computers, means the ONUS is on them to alter their software? Effectively a list of people who have said they don't want to be on their system should removed every time they update. I'm sure the law would take a dim view of them over riding your letter when you have quite clearly said you don't want to be on there? - Think about it, if I cancel something.. does it mean they can re-add me without my permission? which effectively is what they are doing.

One thing I will say - this is not gonna be just 192 issue, I do think this is a way of tracing and tracking us all - EVERYONE needs to aware of where and when they add details, who has access.

If this was only used to get criminals, illegal immigrants etc but as we all know, this kind of data has been an opportunity for mis-use from the government/councils/companies.. Think back to the CCTV issues, there to stop criminals/terrorists - but has been used by councils to stop people getting their kids into school out of the area.. when you want to use footage for genuine use of a crime commited - suddenly not available.. or typically the shooting of the brazilian guy on the tube, by the police.. suddenly all footage wasn't available, yet we were in the middle of a terrorist attack.. BIG BROTHER

• 5 months later...

192.com are not the only ones in this business sadly!

peopletracer.co.uk - removal form here:

peopletracer.co.uk/pdf/pt_dr10_form.pdf

These guys even have the first part of your post code visable on their site! Try it for yourself (replace firstname and surname with your name):

peopletracer.co.uk/partner/index/source/yasni/name/firstname+surname

The worst part is that this appears on Google's search engine. So the first part of your postcode is visable to anyone. (Is this even legal???)

tracesmart.co.uk - you have to e-mail them to send you the form! Details here:

tracesmart.co.uk/privacy-policy/

If anybody knows of any other People Tracing service please reply to this thread. As I'd like to remove myself from their databse.

The sad thing is that they are probably millions of people who don't realise their details are available on the web!

***sorry for the non-clickable links but I have less than 10 posts, so can't post links***

• 4 months later...
Guest dgh2310
H, I've been on that 192.com and found myself and mrs owen on display for all the world to see.can any body advise how I can get removed or blanked out. because i do not want any tom dick or DCA to have access to this info.and how did I get on there in the first place as I'm ex directory owen

I've written to 192.com and asked them to remove my details. Fearing this may not be enough I have also posted their details on blogs and all over social networking sites. Just network against them. As soon as they see negative publicity all over searches i doubt they'll be very happy. I suggest finding out the names and details of ALL connected with 192.com and see if they like their details being posted everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Accounts Date31 Mar 2012

Accounts Filed Until Unknown

Accounts Type Full Accounts

Key Financials

% Change Previous Year (2011) Employees(0–50)

(0–50)Turnover 6,243,140 GBP

— Cost Of Sales 759,245 GBP

— Gross Profit 5,483,895 GBP

— Operating Profit 959,485 GBP

— Pre-Tax Profit 913,514 GBP

— Post-Tax Profit 679,228 GBP

— Ledger

% Change Previous Year (2011) Net Assets 2,781,263 GBP

— Total Assets 3,955,783 GBP

— Total Liabilities 1,174,520 GBP

— Cash 2,900,729 GBP

— Tangible Assets 565,145 GBP

— Intangible Assets —

— Fixed Assets 565,145 GBP

— Current Assets 3,390,638 GBP

— Stock —

— Other Current Assets 277,568 GBP

— Assets Current Misc —

— Current Liabilities 1,174,520 GBP

— Creditors 438,237 GBP

— Trade Debtors 212,341 GBP

— Overdraft —

— Short Term —

— Misc Current Liabilities 736,283 GBP

— Other Long Term Finance —

— Total Long Term Liabilities —

— Salaries and Dividends

% Change Previous Year (2011) Wages Salaries —

— Director Emoluments 401,661 GBP

— Shareholder Funds 2,781,263 GBP

— Dividends —

— Other

% Change Previous Year (2011) Cost Of Sales 759,245 GBP

— Audit Fees 12,300 GBP

— Tax -234,286 GBP

— Retained Profit —

— Book Value 2,781,263 GBP

— Depreciation 394,364 GBP

— Capital Employed 2,781,263 GBP

• 1 month later...

192.com have kindly made my name and addy available for those who wish to pay to see it despite the fact I have never been listed on the public electoral roll. This entry in their directory is new so who has screwed up, 192.com or my council for selling these people a list with my details on that they are supposed to keep safe or is it experian making a few quid on the side because they want to recoup the money they have shelled out buying this outfit?

on their (p'tracer) removal form posted above, they say re full removal that if fail to also opt out of all of their 'data collection sources' then details may reappear! what are those 'sources'? would they be required to disclose them on request so someone can then 'opt out'?

• 1 year later...

My wife and I have used the opt out option for years but she appears on the 192.com person search. I contacted our local Council's electoral registration office and received confirmation that we are still on the opt out register. They couldn't explain why my wife appears on 192.com's search. I don't appear.

I have emailed 192.com for an answer and I'll post their reply.

• 3 weeks later...

i posted this back in july but probably to the wrong forum. I'm not on 192 but I am on this lot:

I'm not sure if I've posted this to the right forum,

if i haven't then ( moderator ) please feel free to move it.

Every now and again, I check my internet digital footprint to make sure I'm under the radar.

I did it again last night and stumbled across this site, and guess what, I'm on it:

[removed]

digging further, i see they have a removal link but the process seems quite long winded:

[removed]

if you go to the form, they also want detailed reasons why you want to be removed which seem a catch all for them to say no:

[removed]

I was wondering if anyone else on here has dealt with this outfit.

There also seems to be a duplicate site although I'm not sure if its the same outfit.

[removed]