What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My sympathy to anyone suffering from heart problems and those trying to cope with it.

Ricky Tomlinson started a campaign about 2/3 years ago to highlight the symptons as so many people do not recognise them. I haven't heard anything about him for a while so don't know if its ongoing, but it is something that does need drumming into people (especially men who don't like to bother the doctor).

I speak from experience as I lost my younger brother (age 41) due to a heart attack. From what we could piece together afterwards, he'd had a "warning" but didn't recognise the symptons and assumed it was something to do with his migraines. He probably didn't tell mum as he thought she overreacted to illness. It was a terrible shock and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Ricky Tomlinson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My best friend since we were 4 had to have heart surgery 5 years ago. She was still in her 20's. She and her brother have Marfans Syndrome. It killed their dad when they were toddlers. They have both had to have their aeortic (can't spell) valve replaced. I was there when the surgeon came round the day after her surgery and he said that the valve was so big she was lucky she made it. She could have gone at any time. She had to wait for months to have the surgery and they were still trying to push it back and wait until they absolutley had to do it. They had known (her cardiologist) that she needed it for over a year before someone else mentioned it to her how much it had widened, I think after an angeogram, long time ago though I could be wrong about who let slip. She demanded that the surgery be done before it was too late and luckily because of her pushing they just made it. Had they waited as they wanted to she would not be here. Her younger brother has had the surgery twice. He is having problems with it again and they don't know what they can do, this time it seems a problem with the heart itself, and his mitral valve is now leaking to boot. People of all ages should be made more aware of heart problems and educated on what to look for. I feel for anyone who has had to deal with such things.

Really hoping you're ok Crapstone, and your mum.

Edited by Mungypup

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

The patronising android at the Job Centre who asked me how the jobsearch was going

Don't these people watch the news or read the papers?

Took me until five minutes after I got out of there before I swore (which made want to swear again :()

However, reading about Crapstone's troubles puts it into perspective a little bit...

Edited by ajax95

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Blisters.

I have new trainers and have massive blisters they are covered in plasters and i still cant walk without being in pain.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Blisters.

I have new trainers and have massive blisters they are covered in plasters and i still cant walk without being in pain.

I would have put the plasters on the blisters GM, not the new trainers:|.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I would have put the plasters on the blisters GM' date=' not the new trainers:|.[/quote']

Thats were iam going wrong.

OH and the dwp.

My bro and his ex GF split up both now claiming seperatley and now the DWP want to launch and investigation in to why they have split up.

Personally i dont think its any of there business why but until then neither my bro or the ex are allowed any money?

What's up Babybear?... Depends how you write your post.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Unless you want to swear because you tripped on a box of G*nst*rs pasties... then you'll probably get moderated and banned for possession!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

you what thats an outrage.

My hairdryer just blew up! :eek:

A large pop sound and sparks. My hair is synged and the smell of burnt hair is not nice. :(

Probably because you haven't cleaned it and the filter was blocked!

I got soaked the other day and used my Moms dryer..flamin' ell it was hot even on a low setting. It packed up there and then, but she said it had been hot for a while.

I took it apart and it was clogged with dust and hair. Soon got it working again. Either use a vacuum on it, on a low setting or blow/push the dust out of the filters. Don't do it whilst it's plugged in, an obvious point but needs to be made.

It's only a cheap model but the back filter unscrews and so does the front. If you aren't confident with electrics then just replace it as it's not worth it just to dry your thatch but make sure you keep the filters clear on your new one!:)