What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My eczema has flared up again. At least unlike when I had some sort of skin problem at uni, it's not visible and isn't on my face or hands. (well, it was on my eyelids. It stung like a bitch when the skin cracked on my hands)

I get bits of it sometimes. I used to get it on my face as a teen and quite recently had a shock when it came back on my face, possibly due to an allergic reaction to a relativley new moisturiser. I tried loads, then got the E45 anti itch cream (standard E45 wasn't doing anything) and it helped sooo much and it has gone away (phew). It was gone within a week. Hope you get it sorted, it's not a nice thing to have! *hugs*

• Confused 1

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It really hurts on the elbows :sad: have you tried "bio-oil"?

What made me want to swear today was getting home, settling down with a nice cup of coffee, and I've just remembered I forgot to put my lottery on :-x

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Duckwaddler - play online?

What made me swear? My inability to eat anything involving a huge amount of sauce without making a mess. I really should get myself a bib... On the plus side, it didn't involve white clothing.

• Confused 1

Duckwaddler - play online?

What made me swear? My inability to eat anything involving a huge amount of sauce without making a mess. I really should get myself a bib... On the plus side, it didn't involve white clothing.

That's a great idea! Thank you :-D it will save me having to drive into town again!

Your post had me laughing Nystagmite, either the muscles around my mouth have lost tone, or my chin has grown over the years as it seems to have evolved into a drip tray for gravies and sauces :smile::lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Getting called into work on the first Sunday off for agessssss and working with someone where the lift doens't reach the top floor:roll: i'm not the best person to wind up first thing in morning lol :!::madgrin:

Getting called into work on the first Sunday off for agessssss and working with someone where the lift doens't reach the top floor:roll: i'm not the best person to wind up first thing in morning lol :!::madgrin:

The world could do with more people such as yourself!

You're an angel Tilly. Don't know what I'd do without my carers *hugs*

And appreciative people such as you too!

What makes me want to swear today and everyday is a world filled with too many people who are selfish and unappreciative :sad:

Just found this out, and it's rather close to my heart! It really made me want to swear! I will copy the report as I don't yet have sufficient privileges to post the link, but it is on the BBC News website.

Opposition to Royal Brompton child heart surgery plans

Opponents of a proposal to end child heart surgery at the Royal Brompton Hospital have voiced their concerns at a public meeting.

The event, at the Emirates Stadium, started at 1100 BST and follows an NHS review of children's heart services.

Recommendations included stopping operations at up to five hospitals, including west London's Royal Brompton.

Almost 15,000 people have so far signed petitions in support of the Royal Brompton's paediatric heart services.

Last month, the Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust launched legal action against the Joint Committee of Primary Care Trusts, which conducted the review.

The trust said recommendations were "fundamentally flawed" and any consultation based on them would be "unlawful".

In London children's heart surgery would be carried out at Evelina Children's Hospital and Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital if the review body's recommendations go ahead.

A spokesman for NHS London said no decisions would be made until the four months of public consultations were completed in July.

"This national review looks at finding the right number and location of children's heart surgery across the country - not just in London - to give seriously ill children better care and ultimately save lives," he said.

Leslie Hamilton, vice chair of Safe and Sustainable, the NHS group reviewing children's congenital heart services, said he believed there had been a recognition by some experts in the field that "change is needed" based on clinical evidence that larger units had better results "by way of fewer deaths and fewer complications".

Children's heart surgery has been performed at Royal Brompton since 1969 and more than 400 children are operated on each year, according to the trust.

Wonder how the fat cats would get serious services for their children as private care hospitals don't have the resources.

So true BB :-(

Quite right, i've posted similar before somewhere but yes, with the preconditions and other criteria imposed on private medical policies, even the priveleged would have a problem without the NHS. We don't want to go down the American way. I believe the bull is being taken by the horns tday in Government to review the plans. I would've thought Mr DC would have learnt by the problem caused by his predecessor in the 80's/90's the mess that had to be cleared up after leaving the NHS to deteriorate. False economy.

Realising other night when came home for first time on a bus with my kids, that for some reason had judge one of the passangers as a threat, was whispering evil under my breath according to daughter. What the hell that was about all I can think is thank goodness it wasnt like last time when I started sweating at people for no reason at the shops.

Thought I had had a good night, well I did, but looks like someone was trying to sneak out:madgrin:

Just filled up the new car with petrol for the first time - kerchinggggg!

Ouch! What size engine?

Gone from a 1.3 fiesta to a 1.8 BMW

:jaw: Even bigger ouch!

How difficult it is to get a job. Self-employment has been suggested, but it simply won't be viable. Unless I want to look like death (I study part-time too and disability makes both difficult) by Wednesday.

The DSS.... however have third meeting in 5 days with them tomorrow morning. Seems Belfast have 'lost' some documents I gave in so getting them to confirm receipt and send them by fax to the office which wants them (same office already has documents with my council tax claim so why they want them again is a mystery).

Manager there seems okay though, I spoke to her last time.

A friend was given two choices today from his employer, take redundancy or a cut of almost £800 per month! He'll be lucky if he's left with £50pw once he's paid his mortgage :-x

got on a bus from town today a women with a little dog got on she was asking every one did we want her little dog, so sad the poor dog was just watching her, the whole journey was her asking every person who got on did they want the dog all said no, im now wondering what that poor dog is doing now, i couldn't take it as i have cats and they certainly wouldnt welcome a dog in their home