horror 118's have bought all mobile numbers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm going to add 20 to 30 fake phone enties with my name and town or what ever info the want. I'll make sure there all dead before adding them.

wasting dca time is some what of a sport of mine ...

hahahh master woody

i like your humour thanks for the laugh i just needed that;)

for those of your who too have truecall, no one has rung me now for the past 5 days,,,, gosh i think the penny might have just dropped,,,oops guess lots of letters now,,,yipeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol:

have a fun day laters all angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahh master woody

i like your humour thanks for the laugh i just needed that;)

for those of your who too have truecall, no one has rung me now for the past 5 days,,,, gosh i think the penny might have just dropped,,,oops guess lots of letters now,,,yipeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol:

have a fun day laters all angel x

well they probably have but they will be talking to a message- have you got the bit that logsthe calls on your compute?

the beauty is that they THINK that even if you are not answering the phone at least they are annoying you with the phone ringing- ahhh blesss

that sounds it bit more reasonable!

Godmother what ever happened with CL finance i lost your theads, you had two cases?

Master woody i dont know what your on about with CL finance.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

truecall every tiem - its the dogs doo dahs

Not for mobile phones its not.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I hope I am removed soon, opted out a few days ago and did a search for myself today, they found me, grr.

How come it takes so long to remove you, in this day and age it should be the click of a mouse that completes the process.

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

me and the missis are not on here, we both have a contract and PAYG phone, but my son who does not live here is?

From what I can understand they do not give out your number, only send you the details of the person trying to contact you. They then get charged £1 for the plearsure of informing you they are looking for you, and you still have the option to anser them or not.

Just did a check for mine and my husbands numbers, they have my husbands, want me to give my name n mobile number to pass onto him! Another way of adding to their database.

Will be changing our numbers and not registering I think!

why should we have to register ex directory, we all know that companies pass on details etc when they say they don't!

I don't want to put my number in incase they don't or won't have then they will if i do it.

mass complaint to the ICO for them being total numpties is in order

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

How did you get the mobile numbers?

Our mobile phone directory is made up from various sources. Generally it comes from companies who collect mobile telephone numbers from customers in the course of doing business and have been given permission by the customers to share those numbers

Well I have never given anyone permission to share my mobile number yet I have found myself on that site. I have sent a text to go ex directory.

Just searched for myself and they have found me, I have asked 118 to remove my details, I will be on to O2 now.

Vodafone - Default removed (07/01/07).

MBNA - Claim settled with contractual interest and adjusted credit file to show no late payments (12/02/07).

CABOT - Taken to Court by Cabot/Morgan over alleged credit card debt, case dismissed (06/12/10).

The online opt out service is available now:

Remove Me

I've promptly removed myself & my husband, and will be telling all my contacts. It's horrendous. I don't even give my mobile number to some RELATIVES never mind the world!

Elsa x

Excellent link Elsa! If I receive even one sms giving me the contact details of anybody who has searched for me, I shall simply not reply then go ex-d as I will then know I am in the system. In any event, my family all have PAYG mobiles and as our children update we have their hand-me-downs, so the sims are registered with the original subsciber.

Thank you - Richard.

Edited by Richard Spud

In reading their terms and conditions it can take up to FOUR WEEKS to remove your details from the system - you can bet your bottom dollar that they will use this period to 'sell on' your number to as many parties as possible.

It says it has nos available for me - well they will be old nos I no longer use and any SMS messages get automatically deleted anyway. I never reply to them as they are unwelcome contacts.

If someone uses the web search, they text you. If they call 118800, they call you.

The Ex Directory option doesn't say that they remove your details from their database, they just don't contact you.

118800 do say that they don't use your number for anything else, BUT they do say they use suppliers to process their data, but not what for or give any limitations

I would be inclined to use a DPA notice to cease processing my data (based on 1st & 2nd principles - no right to process rather than an S10 notice)

Their attitude to children's numbers is bad.

It also says to become ex-directory contact them - we were ex-directory until they came along! Some of us purposely.

Maybe we could turn the tables...

and look up named DCA's personal mobile phone numbers, calling them at all hours of the day...;)

Elsa x

But it will cost you a quid & give them your number. Is it worth it?

I have telephoned Orange and asked how these people might have got my mobile number I was told this: We have a directory of customers numbers we will remove yours during the next 72 hours. Translated I think this means we have passed on all our customers numbers from our directory to 118.

All this is very bad for all of us, god knows how they got the authority to do it, but until it is challenged in court, i suspect its going to cause a lot of heartache for a lot of people:(

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Although my daughter does work for herself as a Housing Benefit Contractor, her mobile is not registered to a business but she is now receiving telephone calls on her mobile from Accountants looking for business. She wasn't aware of the 118118 saga and ask him where he got her number and he said you were on a list. She will now get it removed but it may be a little late in the day as who knows who else has accessed it?

All this is very bad for all of us, god knows how they got the authority to do it, but until it is challenged in court, i suspect its going to cause a lot of heartache for a lot of people:(

Had a quick look at my T&C's from Orange and I think they are pretty much in the clear with regards to doing anything they want with your number, I will have to have a more detailed look but I don't hold out much hope.

I thought that each T&C could only be enforced if it was not unfair and was not unlawful.

Regardless of what the T&Cs say, they cannot disregard the Data Protection Act.

They have to look after your personal details.

Credit applications say who the bank will release your details to and why. Have the mobile phone companies done so before releasing details? They could have sent a text to everyone before they did so to allow them to opt in / out. They didn't...