What Made You Smile Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

But I like Blackpool, they have a lovely pleasure beach and the Tower and Piers and Rock!

B'pool is great. was just posting 'tongue in cheek' re their clubs boss whinging all season :)

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A LibDem MP talking, under 'privilege', about a certain 'model' footballer! :lol:

Edited by Ford

The posts on here about Ryan and Imogen have made me smile! :lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Seeing Sir Stanley Unwin on the beginning of a Specials video :lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

I've just heard that Imogen Thomas has a secret singing career. Apparently she's been doing gigs in Manchester.

I've just noticed this post!:pound::pound::pound:

I got a job!! Woohoo!!!

Congratulations Kitten! :-)

I've just heard that Imogen Thomas has a secret singing career. Apparently she's been doing gigs in Manchester.

:lol:

Fergie caught speaking 'under the mic' that he/they will ''..get him'' and ''ban'' a reporter who asked a 'footballing' question about gigs. :)

Edited by Ford
typo

Oooh!

I dont usually log on on lappy (use the moby version) and I notice I have a green blob!! What does that mean??

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

blob = reputation... click "user CP" at the top and you'll see comments from people who have added reputation to your posts.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Just clearing out an old drawer and found a copy letter which my mum was given about 20 years ago when she worked in a bank.

It is from a Melbourne gentleman in the 1930s in reply to a Final Demand note. He certainly knew how to deal with DCAs:

Dear Sirs,

Your super heated letter arrived this morning in an envelope with a one penny stamp on it and it would have given the boy and myself much more pleasure had it not revived in us a melancholy reflection of what had happened before. You say you thought the account should have been settled long ago and couldn't understand why it hadn't - here then is the answer.

In 1924 I bought a sawmill on credit. In 1925 I bought a team of horses, a timber waggon, two ponies, a double-barrelled shotgun, a crystal ball, and also two razors leaving not a darned thing. One of the ponies died and I loaned the other to a stupid b**tard who starved the poor bu**er to death. Then I joined the church.

In 1927 my poor father died and my brother was hanged for raping a pensioner. A tramp seduced by daughter and I had to pay £50 to keep the b**tard from becoming one of my relations.

In 1928 my boy got mumps and they went to his nuts and the lad had to be castrated to save his life. Later I went fishing and the boat overturned drowning two of my boys, neither being the one who had been castrated.

In 1929 my wife ran away with a sheep shearer and left me a pair of twins as a souvenir. Then I had to have a housekeeper and married her to keep down expenses, but I had a blo**dy job to make her pregnant. I went to the doctor's and he advised me to create some excitement at the crucial moment. That night I took the shotgun with me to bed and at the time I thought was right I leaned out of the bed, grabbed the shotgun and fired it through the window. The wife s**t the bed, I ruptured myself, and the next morning I found I'd shot the best cow I had.

In 1930 I was bu**ered and took to drink. I didn't stop until all I had left was a pocket watch and a weak bladder. This, for a time, winding the watch and running for a p*ss, kept me pretty busy. After a year I took heart again and bought on credit a manure spreader, a reaper, a binder and a car. Then came the floods and washed the bl**dy lot away. My wife contracted VD and my boy died through wiping his a**e on a rabbit skin which was infected. To cap it all some b**tard mated my best cow with a broken down old bull.

It surprises me very much when you say you'd cause trouble if I didn't pay up. If you can think of anything we missed I should like to know it. Trying to get money out of us is like trying to poke butter up a porcupine's a**e with a red hot knitting needle. I am praying for a shower of skunk s**t to pass your way and I hope the centre of it is over the bunch of b**tards in your letter who sent me the final demand.

Yours for more credit,

Robert Arkwright