• Tweets

• if the agreement was taken out jan 23, then she has not reached the 1/3rd mark so the car has not become protected goods under the consumer credit act.  this puts her in a very very vulnerable position regarding ever keeping the car....whereby once they have issued a default notice they can legally send a guy with a flatbed (though they are NOT BAILIFFS and have ZERO legal powers) to collect the car.  if the car is kept on the public highway then they can simply take it away and she will legally owe the whole stated amount on the agreement AND lose the car. if it's on private property i'e like a driveway, ok they shouldn't take it without her agreeing, but if they do, it's not really on but its better than a court case and an inevitable loss with the granting a return of goods order. are these 'health reasons' likely to resolve themselves in the very short term (like a couple of months?) and can she immediately begin working again ? i'e has she got a job or would have to find one?  answer the above and we'll try and help. but she looks to be between rock and a hard place . whatever happens she will still have to pay the loan off...car or no car....unless you can appeal to the finance company's better nature using health reasons to back off for xxx months.
    • no need to use it. it doubles the size of the thread and makes it very diff to find replies on small screens too. just like @username it - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread already inc you ...gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.
    • Hello all,   I ordered a laptop online about 16 months ago. The laptop was faulty and I was supposed to send it back within guarantee but didn't for various reasons. I contacted the company a few months later and they said they will still fix it for me free of charge but I'd have to pay to send it to them and they will pay to send it back to me. The parcel arrived there fine. Company had fixed it and they sent it via dpd. I was working in the office so I asked my neighbours who would be in, as there's been a history of parcel thefts on our street. I had 2 neighbours who offered but when I went to update delivery instructions, their door number wasn't on the drop down despite sharing the same post code.  I then selected a neighbour who I thought would likely be in and also selected other in the safe place selection and put the number of the neighbour who I knew would definitely be in and they left my parcel outside and the parcel was stolen. DPD didn't want to deal with me and said I need to speak to the retailer. The retailer said DPD have special instructions from them not to leave a parcel outside unless specified by a customer. The retailer then said they could see my instructions said leave in a safe space but I have no porch. My front door just opens onto the road and the driver made no attempt to conceal it.  Anyway, I would like to know if I have rights here because the delivery wasn't for an item that I just bought. It was initially delivered but stopped working within the warranty period and they agreed to fix it for free.  Appreciate your help 🙏🏼   Thanks!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

What Made You Smile Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wish i could knit tried a few times but just couldn't get to grips with it, but i don't mind ,love buying baby clothes and i get to look at all the new prams as well,:-D:-D:-D

I start knitting, but never finish anything. Have a wool stash as hight as mount everest and a knitting machine that looks so so good, but just sits there:lol:

Havn't worked out how to use it yet and had it over a year :!:

Looks nice though, hahahahahhahhha:lol:

Think its more obsessive collecting things with me, ex came round last year, fondly laughed and said see you are still at it then:jaw:

Prince Williams stag do must have been quite a hoot.

Imagine sticking pictures of your granny down a lapdancers knickers.:wink:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Prince Williams stag do must have been quite a hoot.

Imagine sticking pictures of your granny down a lapdancers knickers.:wink:

:pound::pound::pound::pound:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

I got a lovely surprise today! Am going to be catching up with someone later this evening, it's been more than 30 years :-D

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

I got a huge bargain on some reclaimed oak flooring, and as they say 'it gets better with age', gorgeous! So I'm now just relaxing ready for my eagerly awaited phone call :-D

WARNING!!!! RUDE JOKE BELOW. NOT FOR THE EASILY OFFENDED.

A randy old man in a nursing home took a fancy to a lady staying there, and one day he cheekily tells her that

he wants to make love to her. To his surprise, she agrees, and suggests that when everybody goes on a day trip

they will stay behind and get down to it. He goes to her room on the day and asks how she likes it. "I used to like

it when a man goes down on me" she replies. He says he would love to and gets down to it.

After about 30 seconds he comes back up with his eyes watering and he says "I'm really sorry, but I'm afraid I just can't go

on. It really smells down there". She says "It must be my arthritis". he looks at her and says "Surely you can't get arthritis

down there. Even if you could, it wouldn't cause such a vile smell". She says "No. My arthritis is in my shoulder, and I can't wipe my a**e":|

Edited by SOD'EM
typo

My daughter got sent home from school today for swearing.

I said "What did you say?"

She said "The C word".

I looked at her very dissapointed and said "It's not clever is it?"

She said "No dad, it was C***" :shock:

The Pope is handing out miracles to sick children in Liverpool.

Billy walks on stage and asks "Can you help me with my hearing?"

The Pope says "Yes" and puts his hands on Billy's ears, then prays.

He then removes his hands and says "How is your hearing now?"

Billy says "I don't know. It's not til next Wednesday".:razz:

A Scouser goes for a job at sea and the Captain asks "have you had any experience away at sea?"

"No" the Scouser says "but I'm very honest".

The Captain takes him on, and off they sail.

After 3 weeks at sea, the Scouser is busy cleaning the decks when a huge wave crashes over the boughs and sweeps him overboard.

The 1st mate goes running to the Captain and says "Do you know that Scouser you took on, the one that said he was honest?"

"Well he's just F****D OFF with your mop".:madgrin:

Some guy came up to me today and poured Nescafe, milk, sugar and boiling water on my head.

I'm sick of people taking me for a mug!!!:-)

A magician on a cruise ship is constantly having his tricks spoiled by the ships parrot.

Every time he does a trick, the parrot shouts "It's in his pocket. 4 of clubs. It's got a false bottom."

The magician hates it.

One night the ship sinks, and him and the parrot cling to a piece of driftwood. For 4 days, the parrot doesn't say a word. It just stares at him.

On the fifth day the parrot says "OK, I give up.....Where's the F*****G ship?":smile:

Paddy is in the airport with a sack over each shoulder. They search the two sacks and find loads of mobile phones in them.

The Custom Officer says to Paddy "Why do you have all these phones?"

Paddy says "Well, I was on my travels in America and got a call from my mate Murphy. He told me he is started up a Jazz Band,

and could I bring him back two saxophones."

Daughter tells me she been asked by a young lad in school does she want 'to go out with him':madgrin:

Arrrrggghhhh :)

She does look older than her age and has since the last time been given a phone number by a laddy in the local take out again, so keeping an eye on that, she is gorgeous and I am more than anything so pleased that she feels she can confide in me, thats what mommies are for after all, I never had that confidence so must be doing somthing right:lol:

and the ou has lifted my restriction at studying with them due to previous drop outs, they are happy that I am serious to want to learn and they want to help me, so double smile today xx

well done watching8-) and i think your daughter is a caring child to tell you about this, and so grown up, i have daughters also and they tell me everything we are like friends, well done to both of you and have a nice day

A magician on a cruise ship is constantly having his tricks spoiled by the ships parrot.

Every time he does a trick, the parrot shouts "It's in his pocket. 4 of clubs. It's got a false bottom."

The magician hates it.

One night the ship sinks, and him and the parrot cling to a piece of driftwood. For 4 days, the parrot doesn't say a word. It just stares at him.

On the fifth day the parrot says "OK, I give up.....Where's the F*****G ship?":smile:

:lol:

I went to buy a paper cutter today and got ID'ed. OK, it was rather embarrassing. I'm not sure what's worse - being ID'ed for orange and lemonade, (I kid you not!) that or being ID'ed for a cutlery set last year.

And no, I'm NOT trying to get ID'ed for the weirdest reasons ever....