Lies and the lying liars who tell them

F_DCAs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a letter from moorcroft recently saying our investigations show that you are in employment therefor we will be making arrangements to arrest any earnings :confused:, Unless you contact us in the next 7 days with full payment and so on!!!!!! I do not work and haven't done since my son was born, I am a single mother on benefits!! So their so called investigation work isn't to good hu lol!!! But with all these silly threats and lies can cause alot of worry to many people!! I have been worried sick because of my circumstances but thanks to this site i know it's not anywhere near as bad as i thought :) and i will get there sooner or later!!!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a call from Lowell Finance, or was it Red Debt Collections, maybe DLA Piper Solicitors or could have been Hampton Legal - anyway, the girl said something on the lines of they were empowered to recover money I owed them.

This was without any of the 'security questions' being answered. I had asked why they were calling and what they wanted. Who knows if they spoke to the person they asked for, telling me things like that on the phone...

Chimps at a tea party get better training...

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

I had a call from Lowell Finance, or was it Red Debt Collections, maybe DLA Piper Solicitors or could have been Hampton Legal - anyway, the girl said something on the lines of they were empowered to recover money I owed them.

This was without any of the 'security questions' being answered. I had asked why they were calling and what they wanted. Who knows if they spoke to the person they asked for, telling me things like that on the phone...

Chimps at a tea party get better training...

i like your last line it has made me laugh :lol:

Another APPOINTMENT FOR HOME VISIT letter from our stripey friends, there will soon be a queue of them outside my flat trying to collect on debts I don't owe.

I'm thinking of composing a poem for Robinson Way, along the lines of

O Stripey ones will you please desist

Its been to court - you lost - and missed

I had a letter from moorcroft recently saying our investigations show that you are in employment therefor we will be making arrangements to arrest any earnings :confused:, Unless you contact us in the next 7 days with full payment and so on!!!!!! I do not work and haven't done since my son was born, I am a single mother on benefits!! So their so called investigation work isn't to good hu lol!!! But with all these silly threats and lies can cause alot of worry to many people!! I have been worried sick because of my circumstances but thanks to this site i know it's not anywhere near as bad as i thought :) and i will get there sooner or later!!!

You really should copy that letter to Trading Standards. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I love Robinson Way.

I think the blue and white stripey envelopes are a particularly good idea, it helps me decide which letter to open first, as once you have read the contents it puts you in a good mood for the rest of the day!

A couple of my favourites have been -

******Security Telemessage*******

Recent transactions on your account are giving cause for concern. Please contact us on -------

(The card for this account had been cut up and sent back to the original creditor over 18 months previous, and no CCA has ever been supplied!)

or

'Where did we go wrong?'

(Not supplying a copy of the CCA?)

The only downside is having to get up extra early to get to the post before Mrs Pookey!!!

Pookey

I'm in the DCA kicking business ..........and business is good!!!!

I'm trying to think of another word which rhymes with 'desist' and 'missed' so you could write a third line.

I'll have to get drunk - maybe that will help.

Hmmmmm.........p*ssed

Sorry, only trying to help.

David

That will be from their Employment Confirmation Division. Its the desk beside the Pre Court Division.

One of the mokeys probably rang up Tescos and asked if they had a John Smith working there and using monkey logic decided that the John Smith they were harrassing had a job.

Arrest your earnings my arse

Arrested development more likely:grin:

Rest of poem... much thought about to avoid slander and libel

O Stripey ones will you please desist

Its been to court - you lost - and missed

The court have said I should not pay

So this debt has gone away!

VALID EVEN IF NOT READ BY YOU

The greatest pleasure I have now is that this has cost Capital 1 more to chase. I have also asked the court to re look at the evidence and suggest a way forward with possibly an arbitration hearing to discuss compensation with Capital One - would love to meet Ellie Renshaw in person (if she does really exist) her letter - posted to an address I hadn't lived at in 7 months was hysterical.

Typical Moorcroft shot in the dark and even if you were, there is a little matter of going to court 1st.

You're right though, it must scare a lot of people.

David

Hi David,

It scares us all at some point. I think that's because most of us start out with no intention whatsoever of missing payments or getting into trouble - we're honourable people and are gullible enough to believe the lies because deep down we know we should be paying.

What changes that attitude is the behaviour of people like Moorcroft. I suppose that for them, their approach works well enough most of the time and people are scared into meeting their unreasonable demands. Most of the people who join this site seem to have their backs to the wall though and it's when they come out fighting that DCAs have the problem. If DCAs would only be a bit more reasonable then they'd reap the benefits, but instead, they reap what they sow.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

It scares us all at some point.

Yep!!

Where it starts to run out is, for a start, you cannot stay scared, it's impossible to live like it. Sooner or later you enter 'dilligaf' mode.

Secondly where, as in my case, when it is impossible to meet the demands despite the threats and nothing happens, you start to wonder why.

When I discovered through this site, that in respect of the agreements that had been issued, the credit industry had been living a lie for years, I found it so hard to take it in. It was so mind bogglingly stupid it just could-not-be-true.

But it was.:D

David

I completely agree Fred and David.

Because you have been pushed into such a hole that you either have to, at some point, address or completely crack due to the situation financially and mentally being so unsustainable DCA's shoot themselves in the foot.

We all start out as scared and the underlying feeling is how on earth do I pay this off and meet their demands. Then you, through time and the help of sites like this, realise that their demands have nothing to do with anything of any legal standing and far more to do with greed and intimidation.

Because you have been abused by these people and their greed and your life has suffered negatively as a result the most sad and pathetic letter you can get from any creditor is that you have a moral obligation to pay them despite the fact they have no enforceable credit agreement.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

yes i agree with you all Rory, Fred and cashins,

its the moral standing that they then try and goad you, but ive been where you have all said already and now im fighting back with knowledge and from the help from cag members like yourselves

however, im standing on my own moral ground and say, like the creator of the cca way back, if an agreement is not drawn up correctly then the creditor has not done the legal thing, and should not cry when the debtor cannot be forced to pay the debt

why do other contracts in business stand up in court? because the right thing was done with integrity and fairness, but bankers it now appearing they did it from lack of care and being greedy in saving a bit of legal paperwork and now they must pay that price

have a fun day all, i am already :D

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

so true, i started out so scared, i even sent back my signature when they ask for it when i knew nothing better

me scared 6.2 and 19 stone. Did use to like they said were coming around, more my style... :)

the only thing that makes you feel empowered is education. Thank you CAG for that

I don't know if it's of any interest, but in the last few days CAG has had 4 cases reported where BCW have had decrees alledgedly obtained on statute barred debts in absence. The first notification the alledged debtors (who in all but three of the instances haven't moved around) was a letter from BCW stating that they have a decree obtained against them. No court notification, no nothing.

While this isn't a great problem for the seasoned Cagger as the decree could be recalled the really worrying thing is one of them went to the CAB and the advice they received was "well as the decree has been granted you'll just have to pay it". Completely wrong advice of course but I'm afraid fully consistant with the advice that the CAB often gives out.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not surprised this would come from BCW - behaviour I don't put past them at all.

I am surprised that nobody has complained about this, legally I mean, because it does seem to be a flagrant abuse of process at the very least. Mind you, not that the arbitration bodies or the court system seems to take much notice these days.

Time maybe that the CAB starts taking on better informed debt advisors, or maybe they're just over-worked.