Lies and the lying liars who tell them

F_DCAs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The folks from Preston who tell you that they're from Preston but can't tell you who they are because of the "Data Protection Act". They're on to a loser every time with that one.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Brown/White/Green/Black will be calling on you on .......

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

All excellent stuff - keep it coming. I'm sure there's a few missing. Attachments of earnings, bailiffs, seizure of property.

So much scope for choice - surely there's been some classic whoppers told in relation to these as well.

• Haha 1

I'm sure there's a few missing. Attachments of earnings, bailiffs, seizure of property.

Your forgetting costs for court cases. Either they already add their costs before the court case - only a court can determine costs - or their costs are totally wrong. I once knew of someone where the DCA were adding costs of 250 quid for a small claims in Scotland as solicitors fees. You do not get solicitors fees awarded for a small claims.

Similarly (this happens in England, Wales, NI and Scotland) certain DCA's will add collection costs of approx 500 quid to the account. There is no contractual or legal basis for doing this and indeed if there was a contractual clause for them doing this then this would in many cases effectively void (I mean void in the legal sense) the contract.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

How many of these examples do you think will be included on You & Yours (BBC Radio 4, daily 12.00pm) in their feature on 'Credit' next week or Panorama, similar topic (10 Nov)?? :rolleyes:

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

You and yours did one on Monday (it was quite interesting in how they exploit people in vunerable situations) - did anyone catch it?

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

hello guys

i had mbna, tell me when unluckily i answered the phone at 8.10 am by accident,,, they are a telephone company and they can call, even after i explained that id told them already in writing, to only correspond only in writing, and me back to them in writing, she said she would call back later, i told her i wouldnt be answering the phone! dont believe they have called me since

also the pretty postcards from mbna, going to be calling, implying a home visit, no one ever comes, it possibly means another phone call!

also mbna are an american company, yes maybe, but you are governed by English law,,,took me back to my playground antics, so there!!!! lol

oh if one wishes to set up a payment plan they need income and expenditure, all other creditors and the amounts owing and what offers are given, workplace contact details, company employer,,,,,

well no go there my dears, not getting employer details or any work contacts or address from me, only the tax man can have that you silly people,,,,arhghhhh

Oh back to edit, just remembered , can your family or freinds help you pay??? Erghhhhhhhhh no why should they and why are you asking me to get into further debt by borrowing again, that is against oft guidelines, moron!!

cant think of anything else a lot already covered, good thread,,well done

ciao for now maz

Edited by maz1964
remembered asking family and friends to pay!

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

The following may be of interest in how creditors (and indeed brokers) get around FSA rules BBC - Radio 4 You and Yours

I'm fairly sure it was Mondays programme that feature this (sorry no sound card on the PC I'm on).

You and yours did one on Monday (it was quite interesting in how they exploit people in vunerable situations) - did anyone catch it?

Which channel is that Rory?

Fred

Scratch that - I've just seen your link.

Fred

This is its own thread but I had to post here as no doubt we have guests on this thread as well.

subscribed.gifA Post to assist all DCA Guests on this site

aa

Edited by alanalana
Scotland fully integrated into this post ;)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

This is its own thread but I had to post here as no doubt we have guests on this thread as well.

subscribed.gifA Post to assist all DCA Guests on this site

aa

Please note this does not apply to Scotland :) Edited by rory32
Please note the law of threats can lead to life imprisonment. Big happy smile.

Ring-Ring...... Ring-Ring..... Ring-Ring.....

Hello?

Is Mrs. Rooster there?

Who's calling?

Sorry, can't tell you that.... Data Protection Act.

Sorry, can't tell you if Mrs Rooster is in.

Why not?

Data Protection Act....... Good-bye!

CLICK!

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thank you Rory,

Link amended in earlier post to reflect your response.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Yes Good evening Guests,

Please make sure you take note of post 43.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

I shall add to your post to include Scotland ;):)