Lies and the lying liars who tell them

F_DCAs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Rory,

do I have to edit post 43 again?

and why the change to include Scotland?

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Done now :)

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Rory,

can I then assume that this .....

Protection from Harassment Act 1997 (c. 40)

does include Scotland?

I am Clan Keith by the way:D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

It does (that's why it has the Scotland section) but it's not terribly effective.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Rory,

I have just seen this from another thread.

Please be aware that in Scotland while the prevention from harassment act is enforceable this in normally construed under the common law of threats (this is why section 40 of the administration of justice act does not apply).

Criminal offences in England are mainly governed by statute, in Scotland they are normally governed by common law. What this means is that the sheriff (judge) has a far wider view of what can be done under the law of the land. So in some instances a few months for threats may be okay but in other instances it may not.

For instance if threats are considered substantial enough then the sheriff can commit you to life imprisonment as was the case a few years ago.

DCA's beware.

Doing my non legal head in. I maybe from Clan Keith but I could be fortunate to live south of Gretna;) In the legal sense. Oh yes married a Scottish Beauty but Legally I am not so sure now if it would be valid:eek:

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

If I read correctly earlier. A lady requested her CCA and they couldn't provide one, so they sent her a blank one and asked her to sign it and send it back.

Post 60 in here : http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/159027-advice-reliable-collections-ambrose-3.html

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Here's a good one.

'We dont believe you dont own your house. We're going to get a charging order anyway.'

That's all well and good, I said, but you did as you threatened and bothered checking the Land Registry you would see that the house is solely in the name of a male - Im female!

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

Crapquest

CapQuest is a market leader in the purchase, management and collection of both performing and sub-performing consumer debt.

For over 20 years, we have delivered outstanding credit management solutions to a wide variety of household names in consumer finance from across the UK.

The longevity of CapQuest’s client relationships is testament to our consistently superior track record of asset recovery and our total commitment to employing best practice in everything we do. CapQuest delivers tangible results for our clients using an open, trusted and fair approach to the successful resolution of their customers’ debts. Our position as a leading purchaser of sub-performing debt allows us to offer multiple credit management solutions to originators of consumer credit.

Clownells

Lowell Group maintains the highest standards of professionalism to both protect our clients' reputations and to establish ongoing and long term client relationships.

We are committed to taking a fair, sensitive and ethical approach to debt recovery. We comply fully with Government guidelines and industry trade and regulatory bodies.

Crapbot

Cabot Financial is the pioneer and market leader in consumer debt purchase in the UK. Formed in 1998 we have come a long way in 10 years. Our continuous development and expansion, most recently in Ireland, has resulted in Cabot having established strong, long-term relationships with the major UK and European lenders. We make it our mission to maintain and continually improve upon our position as the premier purchaser of consumer debts, sustaining excellence through ethical collections and the focus on our people to achieve their personal best.

You really couldnt make this tripe up. The sad thing about it that some poor debtor might actually believe it.

Had to admit, I totally forgot about the companies' own personal opinions of themselves.

'Ethical approach?' - tee hee!

Now what about lies told in respect to Statutory Demands? We've had a few already about charging orders (any more). The more, the merrier.

Edited by F_DCAs

You really couldnt make this tripe up. The sad thing about it that some poor debtor might actually believe it.

The really sad thing is that the creditors (ie. their employers) actually believe it!

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Intrium Justitia method

IJ: Hi I'm calling on behalf of *** can I speak to Mrs PGH please

Me: certainly who are you from

IJ: Oh we are **** it reference ***

Me: sorry but thats been paid and if you are from *** you would know this so who are you really

IJ: ***

Me; No listen repeating above phrase

IJ: phone goes down

Me 1471 - ring them back - plenty of mouthfull

them IJ = Idiots and Jokers from scouse land

Paragraph quote from latest letter received from a Debt Recovery,Civil Litigation, Investigations and Process Servicing company.....

"we will now be sending a debt collector to your home to collect your debt or to assess your assets prior to legal action taking place. We do this to enable bailiffs to esaily recover goods to the value of your debt when they enforce any County Court Judgements against you

You must pay us now to avoid the inconvenience of a visit from our field personnel. (their bolding)

When the collector attends your property they will require payment in full or they will complete an assessment of your lifestyle and your home including details of any motor vehicles that you may have with a view to facilitiating their seizure under warrant.

As I am in rented accommodation, don't own a car and our lifestyle here is basic, no microwave, plasma tv etc they havent a hope.

Before CAG I would have been worried but as this letter was dated 31st October and arrived today and I have by 12pm on 7th to pay I will just send registered letter back revoking their right to debt collecting and asking for a Full statement of account.....

[/b]When the collector attends your property they will require payment in full or they will complete an assessment of your lifestyle and your home including details of any motor vehicles that you may have with a view to facilitiating their seizure under warrant.

How could they complete any assesment lying on the broad of their back with two black eyes and a german shepherd at their throat.

''Sorry Constable I thought it was a Burglar casing my house'':grin:

Lovely vision ODC, but we don't have any pets. If they saw our lifestyle they wouldn't be too impressed, no fancy gadgets in the kitchen and no plasma TV as already stated, just ancient Sony which weighs a ton, but gives a good picture.

As far as the cars go, they are made by the car equivalent of the weaver of the 'Kings New Clothes....' there are lots of cars parked round the outside of the flats so they would have a job choosing, the two cars registered here are my flatmates and we don't have any financial interest in eachother (except when we pay the gas/electicity card)!

"we will now be sending a debt collector to your home to collect your debt or to assess your assets prior to legal action taking place. We do this to enable bailiffs to esaily recover goods to the value of your debt when they enforce any County Court Judgements against you

You must pay us now to avoid the inconvenience of a visit from our field personnel. (their bolding)

When the collector attends your property they will require payment in full or they will complete an assessment of your lifestyle and your home including details of any motor vehicles that you may have with a view to facilitiating their seizure under warrant.

quote]

The court will say what happens...not them :rolleyes:

Total misrepresentation of their powers - this is going to Trading Standards tomorrow, complete with UKmail envelope it came in, letter dated 31st October giving me until 12pm on 7th to pay up... I'd like to see them get XXX in 2 days! I know I owe them some money but they haven't sent a statement - until I get a statement which include xxx amount they pinched from my bank account last month (statement to prove it) they will only get a token payment from me.

Hello sillygirl.

as I understand it unsolicited calls without invitation to your property can be classed as trespass. I believe trespass is illegal so you must not let them in. Call the police and get a case number logged with the police which you then cite to the DCA/Trespassers.

Then copy this and if you get any unwanted callers do not let them in just hand them a copy so they get the message.

Protection from Harassment Act 1997 (c. 40)

These are a couple of extracts

England and Wales

1 Prohibition of harassment

(1) A person must not pursue a course of conduct—

(a) which amounts to harassment of another, and

(b) which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.

(2) For the purposes of this section, the person whose course of conduct is in question ought to know that it amounts to harassment of another if a reasonable person in possession of the same information would think the course of conduct amounted to harassment of the other.

(3) Subsection (1) does not apply to a course of conduct if the person who pursued it shows—

(a) that it was pursued for the purpose of preventing or detecting crime,

(b) that it was pursued under any enactment or rule of law or to comply with any condition or requirement imposed by any person under any enactment, or

© that in the particular circumstances the pursuit of the course of conduct was reasonable.

2 Offence of harassment

(1) A person who pursues a course of conduct in breach of section 1 is guilty of an offence.

(2) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or both.

(3) In section 24(2) of the [1984 c. 60.] Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (arrestable offences), after paragraph (m) there is inserted—

“(n) an offence under section 2 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 (harassment).”.

3 Civil remedy

(1) An actual or apprehended breach of section 1 may be the subject of a claim in civil proceedings by the person who is or may be the victim of the course of conduct in question.

(2) On such a claim, damages may be awarded for (among other things) any anxiety caused by the harassment and any financial loss resulting from the harassment.

This is purely advice to help you ensure you are remaining within the Legal boundaries of the Land. Remember it is against the Law to harass:shock:

Make them notice the rules of the land.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

love the post.

That should work, give them that and tell them to get off your property.

Could use it myself but I'd need to get the dogs off them 1st.:shock:

David

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello sillygirl,

Lovely vision ODC, but we don't have any pets. (Time for a pet then something that can live on one meal a year. Crocodile or Alligator! You will have to invest in a heater and a bigger bath.) If they saw our lifestyle they wouldn't be too impressed, no fancy gadgets in the kitchen and no plasma TV as already stated, just ancient Sony which weighs a ton, but gives a good picture.

As far as the cars go, they are made by the car equivalent of the weaver of the 'Kings New Clothes....' there are lots of cars parked round the outside of the flats so they would have a job choosing, the two cars registered here are my flatmates and we don't have any financial interest in eachother (except when we pay the gas/electicity card)!

aa

Edited by alanalana
forgot to sign

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

what about:

If you don't increase your payments on your payment plan were going to make you bankrupt, how much tax did you pay last year"

Well if your your going to issue a SD i best stop paying untill we can sort this out

oh no don't stop paying

**sigh** at our friends at the lewis group ( CL Finance)