What were you doing 31 years ago today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Margaret Thatcher was elected Prime Minister!

And even now, after such a length of time, she still has the power to divide opinions, unlike any other post-war leader.

Like her or loathe her, I think she should be recognised as one of the truly radical 20th Century leaders of this country.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

serving queen and country - so was glad that Maggie got in because she recognised that the Armed Services had had a raw deal from the Labour governments and gave us some much needed pay rises

she had many bad policies but one of her best was the council tenant right to buy admittedly it reduced council housing stock but boy it got me on the ladder paying just £13,580 for a 4 bedroom home that is now worth £206,500

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I can trump that; I was being born..

Thats scary :D;)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I can trump that; I was being born..

I can beat that. I was an emerging twinkle :D

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

I was on the last year of my apprenticeship before joining the Police. I was also having fun running around Luton's pubs, and then spending half the night on the top of Dunstable Downs steaming up my windows of my Ford Cortina MK3 with my bird .. . :D

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Living in France, and in awe that a woman could finally acceed to the highest position in power, and at the time thinking that it was a good thing.

Then she actually started doing things and I quickly realised how wrong I'd been!

I am not a big fan of politicians, but there are few I dislike and despise more than her. The fact that I lived in Scotland and saw first hand the ravage she caused there doesn't help. I then moved down South (well, there were no jobs left in Scotland! :rolleyes:) and realised that her tyrannical grasp was doing nearly as much damage there than in the North, and that her desire to help the rich get richer and the poor get poorer knew no bounds, and tht she would step on millions of the less advantaged if it meant that even only one of her wealthy buddies got a few more millions.

I have a bottle of champagne set aside for the day the old bag kicks the bucket. I will personally put bunting outside my house and sing: "ding dong, the witch is dead". :razz:

I was doing a Back To The Future type thing and wishing that I could see into the future and know that she was going to bring out the F*****g Child Support Agency. Then, I could have kept it stapled to my leg firmly inside my pants.

Hope she rots in hell personally.

blair said he would sort it................YEAH!!! RIGHT!!!:rolleyes:

What about the absent parents before that monstosity brought that out? Why should they get away with it.

What about the parents (like myself) who's other half decided to have an affair and then kick you out, and then try their level best to stop you from seeing you child (even when you have done nothing wrong, and would like to keep the family together).

And just to top it off, report you to the CSA.

B***h!!!

Edited by SOD'EM

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Ford Cortina MK3

Now that brings back memories of my first car a lovely mark 3 Cortina 2000E.

Had many a good time in that beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Looking forward to my 32nd birthday!

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Ford Cortina MK3 :D

My first car as well.....MkIII GT, vinyl roof

but 31 years ago, I was riding a SuzukiGT185, working as a manager for Woolworths, and planning to emigrate if Labour got back in, and leave the country to the Loony Left and the Unions.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Well, you sure got your wishes, look at what's left of the unions now... Centuries of people fighting and dying to gain a voice for the workers, 10 yrs of the b*tch and those voices eroded and curtailed at each turn. Fan-bloody-tastic. :-(

I was working at BBC Television Centre on the 1979 general election. It was bloody hard work - 14-15 hour days for a whole month from when the election was called. It started off with just a Manager and me, setting up all the services, conference rooms, security, telephones, furniture etc.

It was great fun and at the end of it all I had god knows how much leave to use up and overtime money to spend, plus if I remember correctly, I got a nice big bonus out of it.

Those were the days.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Mmmmm

Well, it was a choice of staying single and probably buying an E type, or moving in together and getting ahh fun on tap?

Did you go for the Jag? If not, is the fun still on tap?

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Going to upper comp school at the age of 13 and dreams of uni. Oh how MAGGIE ruined my dreams re the miners strike. i had to leave school a few yrs into her term as PM coz my dad was on strike fighting for his job. At the time I hated her. I often wonder what my life would have been like if thngs had gone differently[sorry have just drunk a bottle of wine and feeling sorry for myself again]

I was doing my training and driving around in my first car.......an orange beetle.........oh how I loved that car..........until the engine blew up!!!!!

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Charleyfarley,

I'm going to be a pain in the butt now and ask why is 31 yrs relevant and not say 30 yrs?

PF

Charleyfarley,

I'm going to be a pain in the butt now and ask why is 31 yrs relevant and not say 30 yrs?

PF

Pompey, It's because 31 years ago, Margaret Thatcher was elected.

Regards.

Fred

Oh yeh lol sorry a dim moment ignore that post hehe.

PF