Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if my loan agreement states it is a fixed sum loan agreement regulatedby the consumer credit act 1974, and it is supported by a so called completed legal charge document, that is no where to be seen at the land registry?....am i correct in assuming thiat we have a secures loan on our property for 300 months ??

So why am i readng the unsigned copy of the confirmation letter (that we never received) that clearly states under our address and the Dear Mr and Mrs Sucker!!! RE: PERSONAL LOAN ACCOUNT NUMBER 1234567. Ending with "The period of time you have chosen to take your account over was 300 months"

Someone has really dropped a clanger me thinks!!!

Hi BO2

Is the charge on your title? if not, and no legal charge form then there is no charge :) If the charge is registered on your title but there is no legal charge then I believe under English law you can appeal to have it removed unless they can prove otherwise :) Go get 'em. only wish Scottish law was as protective of consumers :( All I get is 'we are just a registration company' I'm still waiting to see if I have a settlement, 3 weeks and counting....apparently they haven't received my lawyers letters :rolleyes: but I have a direct line to someone now, yet still no appearance of a charge certificate hhmmm....we shall see.

As far as the insurance thing with me, not sure what everyone has but I'm sending mine to FSA who regulate all sales on these products. Fos couldn't help me as it was outwith their jurisdiction (pre 2005 loan) but I've since discovered thanks to NU that Welcome were registered under General Insurance Standards Council, now taken over by FSA and they obviously didn't follow protocol, so hopefully it will put another nail in their proverbial...

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dipply - just sent you the latest NU offering - it took me a while to stop my sides splitting when I read it so thats why I didn't forward it until now ;)

Voda - CRC love to ignore you - sometimes it's best to let them - it's working very well in my case - however NU and DG don't fair so good and get daily emails and calls until someone has to speak with me.

If you want a response - I would get rattling some trees and see what falls out - constant phone calls to every single persons name you can get hold of. Try Andrew Wakefield or Chris Palmer in compliance - you can get them through the switchboard on 0115 9849200 - I know I don't need to tell you to not take no for an answer :)

i have just spoken to brance has the left me a message to contact them they asked if i wanted to up the payment each month to pay less interest they are thinkin about me how nice a----holes:evil:

translated - can we get as much money as poosible from you before we go t**s up :D

Had a call off them last night from an 0845 number and they were asking for a payment. I explaied to them that we had sent a CCA and SAR request to nottingham and it had been signed for. She seemed to be a bit tongue twisted when trying to explian why she has no record of it. I then started to ask question about why she was calling and not our branch and she said that she was calling from our local branch. I said that she was not being honest because our local branch has closed and the staff transfered and i just wanted her to admit it. Then to test her I threw a completely ficticious name in as our contact at the branch and it just tickled me when she said "yes i can see that she has left some notes on your account and that she would speak to her today", all i can say is good luck. I really suspect that we are now been called by none welcome people as she did not have a clue what she was talking about last night.

Oh My Word !! :eek:

What are they up to I wonder :-? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Is it of the advice to stop making payments to them now on anyones agreement ? As far as I can see on here, almost everyone that has a loan with these nomarks, has had some discrepancy to report...

What should I do with mine ? My loan payment comes out by DD every month and is never missed, when I had the loan paymwents reduced on it due to me being on maternity leave and I couldnt afford it, Im sure now that it was re-written. Is this correct ? Im getting confused with all the new info coming to light.......Oh how I would love to tell them to do one !! :D

Forsure

** One woman crusade against the rip off lenders ! **

Oh My Word !! :eek:

What are they up to I wonder :-? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Is it of the advice to stop making payments to them now on anyones agreement ? As far as I can see on here, almost everyone that has a loan with these nomarks, has had some discrepancy to report...

What should I do with mine ? My loan payment comes out by DD every month and is never missed, when I had the loan paymwents reduced on it due to me being on maternity leave and I couldnt afford it, Im sure now that it was re-written. Is this correct ? Im getting confused with all the new info coming to light.......Oh how I would love to tell them to do one !! :D

Forsure, did you sign anything, like new agreement paperwork when you had your payments reduced ? As in our case, everytime we had problems paying, due to my husbands short term lack of employment etc.. we always had to re-sign an agreement to amend the terms, interest rate etc.. we always had copies (apart from this last one that is) and each time we had a re-write (as stated on some paperwork in my possession) we always ended up with a new loan agreement number!!

Check your paperwork and let us know what you come up with.

B-O-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Dipply / Amjestermoon...

Will Reply To Charges And Lr Later !!!

Am Up To My Eyeballs In Joiners / Decorators And Sawdust!!!

Have Been For Nearly 2 Weeks Now...and They Are All Getting On My Wazz....

Laters

B-o-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Forsure, did you sign anything, like new agreement paperwork when you had your payments reduced ? As in our case, everytime we had problems paying, due to my husbands short term lack of employment etc.. we always had to re-sign an agreement to amend the terms, interest rate etc.. we always had copies (apart from this last one that is) and each time we had a re-write (as stated on some paperwork in my possession) we always ended up with a new loan agreement number!!

Check your paperwork and let us know what you come up with.

B-O-2

Hi B-O-2

Im sure I did sign something at the time, but Im not sure what it was. I was just desperate like so many others on here, and with a new born baby, Id probably have signed my life away and not had a clue ! Im in the process of submitting a SAR, but god knows when Im likely to receive that !! I cannot find most of my paperwork due to having only just moved house, and wonder now what the next step is to take ??

Any advice is so greatly appreciated :-)

Forsure

Hi Andie,

Thanks for the advice.

I want to have some fun today so after lunch, I will give one of these guys a call.

I'll let you know how I got on.

Take care

Voda(phone) ...........That's where I got the name ............:lol:

Dipply - just sent you the latest NU offering - it took me a while to stop my sides splitting when I read it so thats why I didn't forward it until now ;)

Voda - CRC love to ignore you - sometimes it's best to let them - it's working very well in my case - however NU and DG don't fair so good and get daily emails and calls until someone has to speak with me.

If you want a response - I would get rattling some trees and see what falls out - constant phone calls to every single persons name you can get hold of. Try Andrew Wakefield or Chris Palmer in compliance - you can get them through the switchboard on 0115 9849200 - I know I don't need to tell you to not take no for an answer :)

Interesting reading, this is from 1998!!! But doesn't it sound awfully familiar?

Mr Walker had an accident last year, and following that his agent renewed his car insurance with a different firm. Problems with the claim from the first policy aroused Mr Walker's concerns, and he contacted the insurers - Royal Sun Alliance - for a copy of his policy documents. He had not received copies from the agent.

To his surprise, he found that he had paid pounds 1,000 more to the agent than the policy actually cost: pounds 1,770 instead of pounds 770. He has since discovered that the agent has ceased trading, and his chances of recovering the extra money appears slim.

Mr Walker concedes that it never occurred to him to check the status of the agent, which had also organised insurance for his business for many years. "I am horrified at how naive I have been," he admits. "But no matter how sophisticated you are, you become so familiar with your suppliers."

Mr Walker fell victim to a practice known in the trade as "grossing up" which insurance bodies admit, does happen from time to time. The practice is unethical and often, illegal, and is condemned by the brokers' organisations. Insurance agents should show the commission they earn on a policy to clients if asked but, unlike for investments, there is no legal obligation for them to do so.

Insurance companies also condemn the practice, but they admit that they cannot police every intermediary. When an insurance agent asks to sell policies for an insurance company, the company makes them sign a contract. This contract sets out the commission they will receive, how long they have to pay the insurer, and that they must give "best advice" to their clients. Grossing up is not part of best advice, and insurance companies will stop trading with agents that they find overcharging.

"We pay a commission of 12.5 per cent of premiums," points out Michael Wallwork, communications manager for Royal and Sun Alliance's broker division. "We would take a very dim view of any agent who tries to further enhance that. It is not best advice."

At Royal and Sun Alliance, Michael Wallwork advises customers to note when their insurance documents arrive. This now takes two weeks or less; any more, and there are grounds for asking questions. Also ask for a written receipt from the insurance agent for the premium and for a receipt from the insurer itself. If there is any doubt the insurer will provide a receipt directly. This should match the premium the agent charged, as it already included the commission.

So what is this hidden as now...commercially sensitive information?? Why? Welcome are apparently an athorised agent for NU, they sell on behalf of NU, so why can w not simply check with NU (or DG lol) that

a - there is commission and

b - that commission is included in the actual policy price (and not paying a whole heap extra just because)

Am gonna keep digging...

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

just received a recorded delivery from direct group which it states are reprints of my policy schedules,it also states that as claims administrators we can confirm that we received premiums for the following policies,however as many of them have been cancelled these would of been returned to your finance company.if the policy schedules are reprints of the original they all have the same address on even though they were taken out at different addresses.there is no signed copy of anything by me and there is one for personal accident that i dont even rember taking out.also if the loan is over 15 years and it states that the insurance period is for 60 months why am i still paying the ppi on the loan.does it mean i should of been refund when the policies were cancelled if the premiums were returned to welcome.

Hi B-O-2

Im sure I did sign something at the time, but Im not sure what it was. I was just desperate like so many others on here, and with a new born baby, Id probably have signed my life away and not had a clue ! Im in the process of submitting a SAR, but god knows when Im likely to receive that !! I cannot find most of my paperwork due to having only just moved house, and wonder now what the next step is to take ??

Any advice is so greatly appreciated :-)

Can anyone advise ? I feel like I am chasing my tail somewhat - I am totally clueless about this, hence the reason for by obsession with CAG ! :lol:

Forsure

Interesting reading, this is from 1998!!! But doesn't it sound awfully familiar?

Mr Walker had an accident last year, and following that his agent renewed his car insurance with a different firm. Problems with the claim from the first policy aroused Mr Walker's concerns, and he contacted the insurers - Royal Sun Alliance - for a copy of his policy documents. He had not received copies from the agent.

To his surprise, he found that he had paid pounds 1,000 more to the agent than the policy actually cost: pounds 1,770 instead of pounds 770. He has since discovered that the agent has ceased trading, and his chances of recovering the extra money appears slim.

Mr Walker concedes that it never occurred to him to check the status of the agent, which had also organised insurance for his business for many years. "I am horrified at how naive I have been," he admits. "But no matter how sophisticated you are, you become so familiar with your suppliers."

Mr Walker fell victim to a practice known in the trade as "grossing up" which insurance bodies admit, does happen from time to time. The practice is unethical and often, illegal, and is condemned by the brokers' organisations. Insurance agents should show the commission they earn on a policy to clients if asked but, unlike for investments, there is no legal obligation for them to do so.

Insurance companies also condemn the practice, but they admit that they cannot police every intermediary. When an insurance agent asks to sell policies for an insurance company, the company makes them sign a contract. This contract sets out the commission they will receive, how long they have to pay the insurer, and that they must give "best advice" to their clients. Grossing up is not part of best advice, and insurance companies will stop trading with agents that they find overcharging.

"We pay a commission of 12.5 per cent of premiums," points out Michael Wallwork, communications manager for Royal and Sun Alliance's broker division. "We would take a very dim view of any agent who tries to further enhance that. It is not best advice."

At Royal and Sun Alliance, Michael Wallwork advises customers to note when their insurance documents arrive. This now takes two weeks or less; any more, and there are grounds for asking questions. Also ask for a written receipt from the insurance agent for the premium and for a receipt from the insurer itself. If there is any doubt the insurer will provide a receipt directly. This should match the premium the agent charged, as it already included the commission.

So what is this hidden as now...commercially sensitive information?? Why? Welcome are apparently an athorised agent for NU, they sell on behalf of NU, so why can w not simply check with NU (or DG lol) that

a - there is commission and

b - that commission is included in the actual policy price (and not paying a whole heap extra just because)

Am gonna keep digging...

I'll tell you why Dipply in the words of NU, and let me make sure I get this absolutely word for word....

...."because we are not obliged to do so!"

Can anyone advise ? I feel like I am chasing my tail somewhat - I am totally clueless about this, hence the reason for by obsession with CAG ! :lol:

You really need to do you SAR - without that it is diffcult to say wehat you should do as we really need to see that information to advise you on your next steps.

DISCLOSURE ORDER JUST ABOUT READY

I'll tell you why Dipply in the words of NU, and let me make sure I get this absolutely word for word....

...."because we are not obliged to do so!"

WE WILL SEE ABOUT THAT COMMENT

Just seen this pop up

BRIEF-Cattles makes subordination document available

BRIEF-Cattles makes subordination document available - Forbes.com

Looks light on details but there are contact numbers and hints of new info. Anyone fancy picking up a phone? :)

Oh and for those interested, don't forget you can make yourself some nice alerts

http://www.google.co.uk/alerts?um=1&ned=uk&hl=en-GB&q=Cattles&t=1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks