Mercers Debt Collection

Donel261
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, I have to agree with D(edit) sorry dwheeler, Mercers were very helpful to me for without their constant phoning dodgdy DN & silly threatening letters I would never have found CAG & found out exactly what rights I have, CAG and it's members (you know who you are) brought me back from the pits of despair & now the idea of ending my life (because of these money sucking leeches) now seems absolutely stupid and I am ashamed to have even considered it.

Keep getting silly little messages stating that mercers will issue a DN as we are entitled to do so under the consumer credit act, are you aware of what MY Rights are under the said act? No? Go have a read, barclaycard & mercers are in breach of many sections!

Through no fault of ours, we suffered a massive blow last year wiping almost £40k of our annual income all at a stroke of an administrators pen - not a penny. I pray to God Dwheeler that with your attitude this will one day happen to you, that'll knock you off your bullsh#ting perch!

It's not a question of debt avoidence - it's more can't pay can't pay - BC were sent a NDL budget sheet which was rejected outright - I doubled that amount (no it wasnt £5 token payment) at the expense of other creditors & you lot still arent satisfied, letters I send (recorded) are always ignored. I now have 18 A4 pages containing over 820 phone calls date, time & number - now have phone equipment in place to tell you to bog off BUT you lot still don't get the message, your calls will not be taken put your unlawful 'threats' in writing if you dare.

TS & OFT have been informed of your blatant disregard of the consumer credit act & a letter is on the way to my MP.

Complaint already with ICO because my SAR has not been complied with - just sending 6 years statements does not comply to a FULL SAR.

I was a very placid & easy going person who took my debts seriously, with the attitude of the financial institutions I will fight fire with fire.

Those who live by the sword will die by the sword!

IMHO your time is done on this forum now disappear back to the depths of the pond with the rest of the pond live.

Edited by freakyleaky
Keeping it clean and civil.

So may I ask Mr DW....are you a team leader ? or one of the Repayment Advisors ? Collection Representative ? or do you work in house for Compucredit ? Do they still employ Process Coaches ? Repayment Advisor/Litigation Officer ? Account Manager ? What do they call them these days ? Are you maintaining a high pdq conversion and getting high scorecards ?

I can imagine Dwheeler is having a good laugh in his/her office right now with collegues...i say that coz everytime the troll starts to post...alot of guests suddenly start looking in as well..like 6 of them right now :cool:

Anyway..at the end of the day Dwheeler...you dislike us (CAG), we dislike you (your industry) thats the top & bottom of it basically - there's no love loss either way.

Each side can score cheap points with each other till the end of time..but it aint gonna change a thing in that you want us to repay/pay more than £1 per month & we (or rather i specifically) do not want to repay at all & just want to repay £1 per month if need be.

If that makes me a this,that & the other then so be it..im happy to live with that.;)

Also its not us you should have the issues with...its the government & the court system in general that makes it so easy for people like me to just repay £1 per month or nothing at all.

I always get the impression that your industry would rather we didnt know our legal rights at all & just said "how high" when told to "jump" etc..

Well tough..we do & we will exhaust our legal rights to their full extent :p

So may I ask Mr DW....are you a team leader ? or one of the Repayment Advisors ? Collection Representative ? or do you work in house for Compucredit ? Do they still employ Process Coaches ? Repayment Advisor/Litigation Officer ? Account Manager ? What do they call them these days ? Are you maintaining a high pdq conversion and getting high scorecards ?

Just a plain old Telephone Threat Monkey who loves nothing better than going out with his pre pubescent mates on a Saturday Night and getting off their heads on two bottles of WKD before going home to mummy.

I know I owe the money so I am happy pay for what ive had, I am not in life for a free ride!!!! Oh i sure am :)

Question..

If I had a car on finance and they lost my credit agreement and I refused to pay who thinks this would be acceptable??

I do :)

mr dwheeler

the whole point of the argument- which you seem to miss is that 99% of the people on here did just as you said- they acted responsibly, worked out what they could afford to borrow and then along came your city whizzkids at your bank and others and put the whole world financial institutions in crises with their personal greed and monumentally stupidity which has resulted in hundreds of thousands of people like those on here (me included) losing what were previously safe jobs.

now faced with sudden personaly financial meltdown and loss of family home and ensuring your family are safe secure and well fed, are you serious telling us that you are so pious that you would not check through every contract you have to ensure that before you plunge your family into crisis, that you are not paying debts on ununforceable agreements!

does not your own bank, having been found out profiteerig from massive bank charges continue to use every trick and ploy in the high courts to try and avoid the day when they have to repay every penny to its customers

does you bank think it ethical to charge someone who overdraws their account by 10 pounds a 50 pound fee?

why is it that your bank along with others can eventually stop a cash/debit card dispensing money at a cash point at a certain overdrawn limit but cannot stop it dispensing money to avoid the account going overdrawn? my building society card can do this! it wouldnt be per chance that your bank LIKES people to overdraw to a certain level t enable charges to be levied would it!

go and get a real job and live in the real world

yes i know people turned on you

a lot of people on here are very suspicious (with every justification) and people like you who are working " for the other side" coming on here allegedly to help them

Im sorry that happened to you if you were geuninely trying to help however in making a meal out of your honesty and personal values you seem to have lost the fact that you are in fact being incredibly dishonest and disloyal to your employers in coming on this forum and "working" for the other side.

you cant have your cake and eat it- you either are a man of morals or you are not- clearly you have demonstrated that you are not to be trusted (certainly not by your employers)

We have the banks charging £35 for going a penny overdrawn.

We've got DCA's thinking they can charge £12 each time they write out to a debtor.

The troll should get own house in order before having ago at anyone else.:rolleyes:

Like mentioned above - if it comes down to a choice between feeding the family or making that loan repayment...then feeding the family will win every time.

The industry may not like that..but tough.

As for the troll moaning that people turned on them....all i have seen in their posts so far is "i am not happy with £1 per month" & "you need to pay more than that" etc....

Completely ignoring the fact that alot of the population cannot pay more than that due to being so indebted generally & having to cover the basic costs of living which is sky-high these days as you know.

So while £1 per month might seem like an insult to you, to other people it is alot & thankfully the county courts/legal system see it that way.:)

We have the banks charging £35 for going a penny overdrawn.

We've got DCA's thinking they can charge £12 each time they write out to a debtor.

The troll should get own house in order before having ago at anyone else.:rolleyes:

Like mentioned above - if it comes down to a choice between feeding the family or making that loan repayment...then feeding the family will win every time.

The industry may not like that..but tough.

As for the troll moaning that people turned on them....all i have seen in their posts so far is "i am not happy with £1 per month" & "you need to pay more than that" etc....

Completely ignoring the fact that alot of the population cannot pay more than that due to being so indebted generally & having to cover the basic costs of living which is sky-high these days as you know.

So while £1 per month might seem like an insult to you, to other people it is alot & thankfully the county courts/legal system see it that way.:)

And please dont forget people...... the reason the APR is so high is because this lending is UNSECURED.. hence riskier.. they cant have their cake and eat it.. if they choose to lend to people with the potential risk of losing the money they have lent then they have to shoulder some of the blame.............

after all.... aren't we dealing with sophisticated financial institutions here?:p:p:p

Guest dwheeler

I'm a B5 thanks

Guest dwheeler
Sorry guys, I have to agree with Dw*nker sorry dwheeler, Mercers were very helpful to me for without their constant phoning dodgdy DN & silly threatening letters I would never have found CAG & found out exactly what rights I have, CAG and it's members (you know who you are) brought me back from the pits of despair & now the idea of ending my life (because of these money sucking leeches) now seems absolutely stupid and I am ashamed to have even considered it.

Keep getting silly little messages stating that mercers will issue a DN as we are entitled to do so under the consumer credit act, are you aware of what MY Rights are under the said act? No? Go have a read, barclaycard & mercers are in breach of many sections!

Through no fault of ours, we suffered a massive blow last year wiping almost £40k of our annual income all at a stroke of an administrators pen - not a penny. I pray to God Dwheeler that with your attitude this will one day happen to you, that'll knock you off your bullsh#ting perch!

Obviously you dont read a word wrote on here cos if you did you would have seen that I have savings to cover my credit commitments and dont use more than £xxx credit facility at any one time, thats responsible!!! My whole point is that people live beyond their means and then eventually use credit just to survive!!! while I sympathise with the whole situation no one held your arm up your back when entering your pin number did they???

It's not a question of debt avoidence - it's more can't pay can't pay - BC were sent a NDL budget sheet which was rejected outright - I doubled that amount (no it wasnt £5 token payment) at the expense of other creditors & you lot still arent satisfied, letters I send (recorded) are always ignored. I now have 18 A4 pages containing over 820 phone calls date, time & number - now have phone equipment in place to tell you to bog off BUT you lot still don't get the message, your calls will not be taken put your unlawful 'threats' in writing if you dare.

TS & OFT have been informed of your blatant disregard of the consumer credit act & a letter is on the way to my MP.

Complaint already with ICO because my SAR has not been complied with - just sending 6 years statements does not comply to a FULL SAR.

I was a very placid & easy going person who took my debts seriously, with the attitude of the financial institutions I will fight fire with fire.

Those who live by the sword will die by the sword!

IMHO your time is done on this forum now disappear back to the depths of the pond with the rest of the pond live.

You really do have a problem with us but just take a minute to think of this; if people didnt get into debt in the first place YOU wouldnt create 1000's of jobs in the Debt Industry!!

We dont need the debt industry troll.

If the debt industry ceased to exist tomorrow, everyone would throw a party.

Im sure there are better jobs people can do...even picking litter up off the streets has more self respect about it than your wretched industry :rolleyes:

Guest dwheeler
We dont need the debt industry troll.

If the debt industry ceased to exist tomorrow, everyone would throw a party.

Im sure there are better jobs people can do...even picking litter up off the streets has more self respect about it than your wretched industry :rolleyes:

I have worked in the calll centre industry since leaving school and I can honestly say I have never had such a reaxed working enviroment that I have with Barclays, what you seem to be overlooking is that there are a select few on here who have had a bad experience, but there are millions of customers here and abroad who pay each month and come to some kind of agreement, as i said yesterday we beat our collections target by 5 million so we must be doing something right

Guest dwheeler
Did they have to give you the day off coz too many people were offering £1 per month all the time :D

lol no they gave me the day off cos i go £2.00 off someone

as i said yesterday we beat our collections target by 5 million so we must be doing something right

and that last sentence unfortunately sums you up... you''e talking about the bottom line again when really it would have meant more to us if you'd said.. "I managed to come to an arrangement with a little old granny who couldnt afford too much in repayments and we agreed to accept what she could afford" or something of similar ilk, the fact everything with you and your job is money orientated is why you and your kind will always be hated on this forum.

You state in a reply above, nobody bent their arm to take the money... nobody bent barclays arm to lend to them either... both sides must take blame.

S.

I have worked in the calll centre industry since leaving school and I can honestly say I have never had such a reaxed working enviroment that I have with Barclays, what you seem to be overlooking is that there are a select few on here who have had a bad experience, but there are millions of customers here and abroad who pay each month and come to some kind of agreement, as i said yesterday we beat our collections target by 5 million so we must be doing something right
i think what you need to remember is that a lot of our members have had some pretty bad experiences with debt collectors at one time or another. so feelings do tend to run high on this topic

the example i gave in my recent post highlights that you dont always get it right, but the problem is that in the cases ive seen is that you dont accept any wrong doing,even when the person has done all they can to tell you their income and expenditure etc, you still hound them for payment, payments that they will never be able to make in their current situation

it would be fairer for you to take them to court than to dog and harrass the life out of people

Guest dwheeler
off,sick I presume.....well here`s hoping

Notts

this just shows you imature attitude, if you adopt the same attitude towards your debts, its no wonder your in trouble!!!!

Oh really.....ooooh look at that pig flying over :rolleyes:

I fail to see what is "relaxed" about being nothing more than a threat monkey effectivley.

You say there are millions of customers who are happily paying each month?

Unfortunately those millions have either been threatened or deceived into paying monies that they dont have to pay unless ordered by a county court 1st.

If & when those million of people find the CAG website & realize what their legal rights are...you will then have millions of non paying customers telling Barclays/Mercers to get lost ;)