Mercers Debt Collection

Donel261
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dwheeler
I would have thought an elementary knowledge of Consumer Credit law would have been a requirement for working at Sharklycard. Surely when you are telephoning people up you would need to know what you are talking about. Of course the manner in which you speak to people doesnt matter just so long as you reach your monthly targets. I am so glad that your bosses approve of you coming on here to act as an apologist for them and their shoddy practices. Maybe they will promote you to whatever is higher than a B. You may even become a C.

You all seem to be talking about cedit agreements and the right to persue people for money, sadly we dont get involved to that depth, we have to deal with customers who have been customer for 10 20 or 30 years so you pretty much assume that all the admin has been taken care of before they reach us, and I can say that I dont want any praise for coming on here I done it for my own reasons not cos I was told to

if someone would kindly take the time to explain why or how were not able to persue the debt I would like to know

if someone would kindly take the time to explain why or how were not able to persue the debt I would like to know

Coz there are such things in this country as anti harrassment laws & harrassment is exactly what you do, no matter how you dress it up.

If an individual demands that another individual or a company stops contacting them, then they must obey that instruction.

If they dont then that thats were we enter illegality territory & were the likes of the police/OFT/trading standards etc..step in ;)

Guest dwheeler
Coz there are such things in this country as anti harrassment laws & harrassment is exactly what you do, no matter how you dress it up.

If an individual demands that another individual or a company stops contacting them, then they must obey that instruction.

If they dont then that thats were we enter illegality territory & were the likes of the police/OFT/trading standards etc..step in ;)

so are you saying then that every debt collection company who calls a customer and gets told not to call again and then calls back is breaking the law??

Hello Folks!

For what it is worth, I feel that every single Troll related Post on this Thread should be deleted from the point when the Troll first appeared (Post #65 onwards).

Leaving the Troll Posts in this Thread will simply achieve what Trolls always want, namely free publicity for the usual Debt Industry propaganda.

To summarise the Troll (in poo brown):

Barclays is not really going down the Toilet (despite how it looks, it's only half way around the U-Bend, so the Barclay's Richard could soon bob back up and re-appear in the great banking pan).

----> You must Pay what Barclays say you owe.

The Troll is really a nice person and only wants to help, loves single mums and their thieving kids (the Troll is always especially helpful if the single mum sounds nice on the phone).

The Troll claims the experiences reported on CAG are a small minority, in comparison with the millions and millions and millions of satisfied shafted Debtors that they deal with.

The Troll has infested this Thread without actually contributing anything useful, other than giving the Site Team a fresh batch of Guest IP Numbers to examine and link these to any future Troll CAG Registrations.

The Troll and all the gormless Hoodies at Mercers/Calder/Barclaycard are really nice, wholesome, fun, funky people to deal with, and are just there to bend over backwards to help (so long as you bend over forwards and grab your ankles to take what is coming).

Just in case you have still not got the Troll Message, here it is one more time...

I don't think CAG should be over-moderated, but I do think Troll infestations should be cut out and consigned to the toilet where they belong.

This Troll is like an erupting boil on the otherwise pure and unblemished CAG Arse. It's itchy, painful, smelly and will burst and leak all over the place if it is not lanced, flushed out with Peroxide, and has a great big CAG Moderating Elastoplast stuck over it so it does not offend the eye while it disappears from sight and memory.

Bin the lot from Post #65 onwards.

This is the 2nd major Troll infestation this Thread has suffered. There was another one just a few Posts before the above that also required Moderation and several Posts deleting. Same Troll?

My guess is the rubber-band flickers at Mercers are having some sport with this Thread, as it has the same name as the one on their Payslip.

I vote to delete all evidence of Troll infestation. Debt Industry Propaganda has no place on CAG. Leave it here, and people coming to CAG for the first time reading this Thread will think Trolls are part of the scenery. They may leave or, worse, will see the Pay What You Owe Troll message and will buckle instead of fighting back.

Cheers,

BRW

so are you saying then that every debt collection company who calls a customer and gets told not to call again and then calls back is breaking the law??

Yep...thats what anti harrassment laws are designed to do - protect people from harrassment funnily enough :rolleyes:

They can & should be reported to the police, i always encourage people on here to do that (not the 999 number i hasten to add) & from my experience, they act as well ;)

What's a B5, B4, B3? I only skim read - so maybe I missed the point, but you said you were a B3 in this post:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2090306.html

Have you been promoted/demoted?

[sigh] Proof beyond doubt that you just cant trust em! I refer to ODC's comment about promotion.......

he's no longer a B, he's a prize "C." :D:D

Guest dwheeler
[sigh] Proof beyond doubt that you just cant trust em! I refer to ODC's comment about promotion.......

he's no longer a B, he's a prize "C." :D:D

Its says "we" meaning all mercers staff are grade B3 and above and when asked I told you I was grade B5 meaning we are the equilivant of Branch Managers and above

Guest dwheeler
me thinks he is back under his bridge now:D

me also thinks he is a B and C and T.

in job discripton.is it not.:rolleyes:

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

I might be a B, C, T and whatever other initals you can come up with but at least all my bills are paid and I dont have to sit on a forum all day to pass the time.

bit of advise.. get a job, pay your debts and act like every other person in the UK - Normal

me thinks he is back under his bridge now:D

me also thinks he is a B and C and T.

in job discripton.is it not.:rolleyes:

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

I might be a B, C, T and whatever other initals you can come up with but at least all my bills are paid and I dont have to sit on a forum all day to pass the time.

bit of advise.. get a job, pay your debts and act like every other person in the UK - Normal

Dave obviously you have nothing better to do than behave like a TROLL and come on here and insult decent people. If I were you I would be spending my time thinking up an excuse for my team leader at Sharklycard as to why you are breaching the forum rules and your employment contract by posting on here. No-one is in the least bit interested in your sanctimonious ravings.

perhaps dwheeler can help me as he works for the company i am having a little trouble with. Despite me sending them a letter written by Payp[lan offering a pound a month, Barclaycard say they are unable to accept my offer of £1 per month unless it comes from a 3rd party such as Payplan or CCCS??????? Yet Payplan and CCCS are unable to deal directly with my creditors because I have no disposable income.

Just a bit confused :p

ok, its very very easy for companies to jump on the moral bandwagon, but turn it around, is there not a moral and legal obligation to make sure the law is followed, that a document, in the form prescribed by the 1974 act, is signed by the debtor?

i dont need to find ways to worm my clients out of their debt, the law give s me all the arguments i need, and sadly Dwheeler the House of Lords and Court of Appeal have agreed with this!!

dont need to get a job.got one on here helping the scared :p

mortgage is payed off,and i have enough in the bank to live till im 400 thanks.

spending all day on here bit rich coming from mr 33 posts per day:rolleyes:

SAM CAN PAY BUT WONT:DUNLESS ASKED NICELY.

WITH A PROPER CCA AND NOA AND NOT STATUTE BARRED OR TREBLED DUE TO PURE GREED.

Come to think of it Barclays head office might be interested to hear off one of us?

Already done today :)

Sent copies of DWheelers posts as evidence regarding why I am NOT willing to talk to Barclays representatives on the phone.