Mercers Debt Collection

Donel261
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this just shows you imature attitude, if you adopt the same attitude towards your debts, its no wonder your in trouble!!!!

Im sure he's not in trouble - infact im sure he's loving every minute of baiting your industry...like i am :)

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dwheeler
i think what you need to remember is that a lot of our members have had some pretty bad experiences with debt collectors at one time or another. so feelings do tend to run high on this topic

the example i gave in my recent post highlights that you dont always get it right, but the problem is that in the cases ive seen is that you dont accept any wrong doing,even when the person has done all they can to tell you their income and expenditure etc, you still hound them for payment, payments that they will never be able to make in their current situation

it would be fairer for you to take them to court than to dog and harrass the life out of people

I dont think anyone can say they get it right first time, I certainly dont get it right all the time but I dont ever make the same mistake twice..

Let me give you an example. I recently had to deal with a single mum with 2 kids whos's child had just got in with the wrong croud and stole her credit card and pin. he ran up debt of just under 2k and had been told unless she was willing to prosecute her own son she was liable, I had her crying on the phone for hours, I explored every option and took a few days to get back to her. her dad was offering a full and final but rather than ruin her already shakey credit rating I decided off my own back to wipe all her over limit and late payment fees and wiped of the debt, which I later took a severe b*ollicing for, now I didnt have to do that but I did, so while I appreciate that you, your friends, your family, may have had problems where not all the monsters you make out

Let me give you an example. I recently had to deal with a single mum with 2 kids whos's child had just got in with the wrong croud and stole her credit card and pin nothing to do with you, a police matter. he ran up debt of just under 2k and had been told unless she was willing to prosecute her own son she was liable, I had her crying on the phone for hours told by whom? yet again,nothing to do with you I explored every option and took a few days to get back to her. her dad was offering a full and final but rather than ruin her already shakey credit rating how kind of you I decided off my own back to wipe all her over limit and late payment fees illegal anyway and wiped of the debt, which I later took a severe b*ollicing for good now I didnt have to do that but I did what a saint so while I appreciate that you, your friends, your family, may have had problems where not all the monsters you make out not you personally but the system you are a part of is

:)

Guest dwheeler
and that last sentence unfortunately sums you up... you''e talking about the bottom line again when really it would have meant more to us if you'd said.. "I managed to come to an arrangement with a little old granny who couldnt afford too much in repayments and we agreed to accept what she could afford" or something of similar ilk, the fact everything with you and your job is money orientated is why you and your kind will always be hated on this forum.

You state in a reply above, nobody bent their arm to take the money... nobody bent barclays arm to lend to them either... both sides must take blame.

S.

I agree actuallyit is both sides to blame, but the point im making is that when reading some of peoples comments it frustrates me and you picture Barclacard stood with a gun or twisting their arm up their back.

and actually I think because this is my view thats why I deal with people differently please have a read....

Let me give you an example. I recently had to deal with a single mum with 2 kids whos's child had just got in with the wrong croud and stole her credit card and pin. he ran up debt of just under 2k and had been told unless she was willing to prosecute her own son she was liable, I had her crying on the phone for hours, I explored every option and took a few days to get back to her. her dad was offering a full and final but rather than ruin her already shakey credit rating I decided off my own back to wipe all her over limit and late payment fees and wiped of the debt, which I later took a severe b*ollicing for, now I didnt have to do that but I did, so while I appreciate that you, your friends, your family, may have had problems where not all the monsters you make out

so yes I do take it as a kick in the B*lls when ive gone out my way to help someone and I get rude and childish comments on here, I have time for people like you who talk but I dont have any time for people who want to insult me or write childish comments

Dwheeler, your comments to my last post sums up what **** work in the debt collection industry, that is just typical example of mercers caring customers service - thats exactly WHY we look at our agreements and tell our fellow members DO NOT SPEAK TO THESE PEOPLE (I use the word people loosly - in my mind your all leeces - use fear, intimidation - you wouldn't know the meaning of fair and consideration if it bit you on the backside)

So you've worked in the industry since leaving school - when was that last week - I'd say it was by your immature comments!

Think it's time the Mods. 'terminated' this member - he/she sorry 'IT' serves no purpose to CAG.

The tide is turning against the likes of you & the industry you claim to represent.

Edited by beachcomber60

Guest dwheeler

It was the police who told her, they would not give her a crime ref without leaving her son liable. I could have told her it wasnt my problem but I decided to help

I agree actuallyit is both sides to blame, but the point im making is that when reading some of peoples comments it frustrates me and you picture Barclacard stood with a gun or twisting their arm up their back. thats great news hope you get frustrated even more

and actually I think because this is my view thats why I deal with people differently please have a read....how you deceive people differently you mean?

Let me give you an example. I recently had to deal with a single mum with 2 kids whos's child had just got in with the wrong croud and stole her credit card and pin. he ran up debt of just under 2k and had been told unless she was willing to prosecute her own son she was liable, I had her crying on the phone for hours, I explored every option and took a few days to get back to her. her dad was offering a full and final but rather than ruin her already shakey credit rating I decided off my own back to wipe all her over limit and late payment fees and wiped of the debt, which I later took a severe b*ollicing for, now I didnt have to do that but I did, so while I appreciate that you, your friends, your family, may have had problems where not all the monsters you make out you already said (see above)

so yes I do take it as a kick in the B*lls when ive gone out my way to help someone and I get rude and childish comments on here plenty more of them coming your way I have time for people like you who talk but I dont have any time for people who want to insult me or write childish comments no-one wants you here anyway in case u hadnt noticed

It was the police who told her, they would not give her a crime ref without leaving her son liable. I could have told her it wasnt my problem but I decided to help

You only decided to "help" so as your companies best interests was looked after...you couldnt have gave a monkies about that mum or her child & sitaution....:rolleyes:

So dont come across all saintly on here coz it makes me & most other Caggers puke quite frankly.

Guest dwheeler
Dw*nker, your comments to my last post sums up what **** work in the debt collection industry, that is just typical example of mercers caring customers service - thats exactly WHY we look at our agreements and tell our fellow members DO NOT SPEAK TO THESE PEOPLE (I use the word people loosly - in my mind your all leeces - use fear, intimidation - you wouldn't know the meaning of fair and consideration if it bit you on the backside)

So you've worked in the industry since leaving school - when was that last week - I'd say it was by your immature comments!

Think it's time the Mods. 'terminated' this member - he/she sorry 'IT' serves no purpose to CAG.

The tide is turning against the likes of you & the industry you claim to represent.

I treated you with the same contempt that you did with me. its alright for you to throw snide comments at me but when I give them back you dont like it!!!!

I left school in 1994 actually

Guest dwheeler
You only decided to "help" so as your companies best interests was looked after...you couldnt have gave a monkies about that mum or her child & sitaution....:rolleyes:

So dont come across all saintly on here coz it makes me & most other Caggers puke quite frankly.

it was done in the best interests of the parent actually !!

I know they have some serious issues when you state that you are an employee and state your salary.....I know 2 guys from a major retailer who were sacked for posting on forum boards.....

Guest dwheeler
Dw*nker, your comments to my last post sums up what **** work in the debt collection industry, that is just typical example of mercers caring customers service - thats exactly WHY we look at our agreements and tell our fellow members DO NOT SPEAK TO THESE PEOPLE (I use the word people loosly - in my mind your all leeces - use fear, intimidation - you wouldn't know the meaning of fair and consideration if it bit you on the backside)

I treated you with the same contempt that you did with me. its alright for you to throw snide comments at me but when I give them back you dont like it!!!!

I think the saying treat others the way you wish to be treated springs to mind !!

Edited by dwheeler

I seriously doubt everything is as rosy in your industry as you make out.

If it was..you wouldnt feel the need to post on forums like this.

You & i both know that your company/industry is suffering & that is in part, thanks to sites like this.

Me thinks that this is really a case of you wanting to get your "own back" so to speak, on what you see as the causes of your companies problems..namely CAG & sites like it.;)

Guest dwheeler
Do Barclays know that you are posting on here ?

YES actually I had a conversation last night with the director of collections just to cover my back incase any threats were made or someone tried to use it against me

Only reason I ask is you mention that you state that you follow procedures and policy for your company, and as I am familiar with contracts of employment, i'd say that you were in breach of several policies in your contract of employment....but I can tell you now, that the Chairman of Barclays would NOT be happy with some of your comments on here......

YES actually I had a conversation last night with the director of collections just to cover my back incase any threats were made or someone tried to use it against me

Well in that case you wont mind if one of us on here clarifies that with the "director of collections" ;)

Come to think of it Barclays head office might be interested to hear off one of us?

If you are suggesting what i think you are..in that your pressence on here has your directors "approval" then i smell a potential scandal there somewhere..:cool:

Guest dwheeler
I know they have some serious issues when you state that you are an employee and state your salary.....I know 2 guys from a major retailer who were sacked for posting on forum boards.....

I stated 41k in a previous post however I could have earned more I could have just pulled that figure out of the sky, the only correct info is how I run my personal finances and if I choose to disclose that then thats up to me

Barclays are quite open over salaries, all you have to do is look at barclays.com and search for B3 B4 B5 B6 B7 in the recruitment pages and you will see exactely what people are on its no secret otherwise they wouldnt publish it

I think the saying treat others the way you wish to be treated springs to mind !!

When I read your first post I thought you might offer sound advice - how wrong I was ! Snide remarks? Nah just lowered myself to your level in the manner the likes of you speak to us on the phone.

Your not getting to me dwheeler - actual fact I'm luvvin every minute of it - more like we are getting to you me finks.

Guest dwheeler
Well in that case you wont mind if one of us on here clarifies that with the "director of collections" ;)

Come to think of it Barclays head office might be interested to hear off one of us?

If you are suggesting what i think you are..in that your pressence on here has your directors "approval" then i smell a potential scandal there somewhere..:cool:

My Director was told of the comments made on here and was dissappointed (like me) and is interested to know why we are getting such a poor reputation

There is no secret that im on here and I made myself know as Barclays staff straight away so you cant say you were tricked or lead into any comments - you made you opinions made quite clear from the start