Mercers Debt Collection

Donel261
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest dwheeler
When I read your first post I thought you might offer sound advice - how wrong I was ! Snide remarks? Nah just lowered myself to your level in the manner the likes of you speak to us on the phone.

Your not getting to me dwheeler - actual fact I'm luvvin every minute of it - more like we are getting to you me finks.

You assume, You have never talked to me and you dont know how I would talk or deal with you or your situation, I have been with the company for years and in those 8 years I have never had a complaint made about me regarding my attitude,

its not getting to me, I am sat with a cuppa enjoying the breif spells of sun where having

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are simply on here to get people to pay more money...thats the top & bottom of it.

The way you do it is to try & make yourself out to be some sort of "helper" & who has "the best interests of people at heart"...you stuck out like a sore thumb from the start :rolleyes:

I would tell your "director" next time you speak to him...that he (the company) has no legal powers to obtain money out of individuals whatsoever, not 1 penny - only the county courts do.;)

I have never had a complaint made about me regarding my attitude,

Maybe not & you could be the nicest person in the world for all we know...we simply come at you from the angle of.....you (your company) has no legal powers to obtain money out of individuals :)

Guest dwheeler
Your Director isn't a main board Director at Barclaycard though....only your Director at Liverpool....

Our director like all senior management are based at Barclaycard

Guest dwheeler
Maybe not & you could be the nicest person in the world for all we know...we simply come at you from the angle of.....you (your company) has no legal powers to obtain money out of individuals :)

Im sure both you and I will still be doing the same thing in years to come, I just think that this has been a wasted opportunity and resorted to nothing more that a slanging match

I dont think anyone can say they get it right first time, I certainly dont get it right all the time but I dont ever make the same mistake twice..

Let me give you an example. I recently had to deal with a single mum with 2 kids whos's child had just got in with the wrong croud and stole her credit card and pin. he ran up debt of just under 2k and had been told unless she was willing to prosecute her own son she was liable, I had her crying on the phone for hours, I explored every option and took a few days to get back to her. her dad was offering a full and final but rather than ruin her already shakey credit rating I decided off my own back to wipe all her over limit and late payment fees and wiped of the debt, which I later took a severe b*ollicing for, now I didnt have to do that but I did, so while I appreciate that you, your friends, your family, may have had problems where not all the monsters you make out

no totally accept that point, fair play to you, but its the fact that in most cases the experience is bad not good and this is why you are experiencing the harsh treatment as alot of our members have not had the luxury of the type of assistance you seem to offer

To the troll, didn't an eminent judge, in summing up a case before him, say “In effect, the creditor--by failing to ensure that he obtained a document signed by the debtor which contained all the prescribed terms--must (in the light of the provisions in subsection 65(1) and 127(3) of the 1974 Act) be taken to have made a voluntary disposition, or gift, of the loan moneys to the debtor. The creditor had chosen to part with the moneys in circumstances in which it was never entitled to have them repaid;”?

Guest dwheeler
You are simply on here to get people to pay more money...thats the top & bottom of it.

The way you do it is to try & make yourself out to be some sort of "helper" & who has "the best interests of people at heart"...you stuck out like a sore thumb from the start :rolleyes:

I would tell your "director" next time you speak to him...that he (the company) has no legal powers to obtain money out of individuals whatsoever, not 1 penny - only the county courts do.;)

I had no intention of asking you to pay anything, I came on here to listen to your thoughts. as I said there are millions and millions of customers who we do help and the issues on here are few and far between, I think if we were so bad there would be millions and millions on here and few paying.

I am genuinely sorry for your trouble and I do hope people get sorted at least they have turned to this forum and not turned to fee paying DMC's who charge cardholders for there assistance

To the troll, didn't an eminent judge, in summing up a case before him, say “In effect, the creditor--by failing to ensure that he obtained a document signed by the debtor which contained all the prescribed terms--must (in the light of the provisions in subsection 65(1) and 127(3) of the 1974 Act) be taken to have made a voluntary disposition, or gift, of the loan moneys to the debtor. The creditor had chosen to part with the moneys in circumstances in which it was never entitled to have them repaid;”?

yep that was Sir Andrew Morritt the Vice Chancellor in Wilson and First County Trust Court of Appeal

Why is this Troll allowed to continue posting here. He has admitted being a B who works for Sharklycard and comes on here spouting the same tired DCA rhetoric. Time to pull the plug on him.

I had no intention of asking you to pay anything, I came on here to listen to your thoughts. as I said there are millions and millions of customers who we do help and the issues on here are few and far between, I think if we were so bad there would be millions and millions on here and few paying.

I am genuinely sorry for your trouble and I do hope people get sorted at least they have turned to this forum and not turned to fee paying DMC's who charge cardholders for there assistance

Erm...you were all uppity with people who wouldnt pay more than a £1 per month & was then putting them on big guilt trips by asking how they would feel if they were owed money and got that much repaid to them :rolleyes:

The £1 per month is a legal thing that you cannot do anything about unless the laws get changed etc..

Please do everyone a favour & stop patronising everyone with comments like "i am genuinley sorry for your troubles" & "only here to help" etc..

No-one on here is stupid & can see right through you.

I know how your industry works inside out, its in the companies best interests for their employees to be as "nice" as they can towards debtors in order to squeeze as much as they can out of them.

Most DCA's are wretched in their attitudes & do themselves no favours at all in that respect.

Maybe Mercers is different like that..i dont know? only those on here who have dealt with them can inform me of that 1 way or the other.

But the basic principle behind what i tell you applies right across the board..in that you have no legal powers to obtain money off people (in a nice or bad way) only the county courts do.

1 day your industry may wake up to that simple fact? :)

Guest dwheeler
no totally accept that point, fair play to you, but its the fact that in most cases the experience is bad not good and this is why you are experiencing the harsh treatment as alot of our members have not had the luxury of the type of assistance you seem to offer

It p*isses me off you know cos it takes nothing to be nice and help, at the end of the day I personally would prefer to be b*ollocked everyday and know I have done the best thing

Why is this Troll allowed to continue posting here. He has admitted being a B who works for Sharklycard and comes on here spouting the same tired DCA rhetoric. Time to pull the plug on him.

We are having too much fun with him ODC...lets keep him here a while longer ;)

It p*isses me off you know cos it takes nothing to be nice and help, at the end of the day I personally would prefer to be b*ollocked everyday and know I have done the best thing

If what you have said is all true then I do hope I have the pleasure of conversing IN LETTER with yourself when Barclaysharks pass my account over, which will be soon as they wont accept my pro rata payment amounts at present.

S.

Like ive said..you maybe the nicest person in the world for all we know & may want to genuinley help etc...

But it our obligations to point out that regardless of all that, you have no legal powers over individuals & the more people become aware of that, the happier i will be ;)

We are having too much fun with him ODC...lets keep him here a while longer ;)

Yes perhaps we should continue to amuse him while he is on his break. At least when he is posting here he is not on the phone threatening people. I hope he is as smart and supercillious when he joins the ranks of the unemployed.

Guest dwheeler
Erm...you were all uppity with people who wouldnt pay more than a £1 per month & was then putting them on big guilt trips by asking how they would feel if they were owed money and got that much repaid to them :rolleyes:

The £1 per month is a legal thing that you cannot do anything about unless the laws get changed etc..

Please do everyone a favour & stop patronising everyone with comments like "i am genuinley sorry for your troubles" & "only here to help" etc..

No-one on here is stupid & can see right through you.

I know how your industry works inside out, its in the companies best interests for their employees to be as "nice" as they can towards debtors in order to squeeze as much as they can out of them.

Most DCA's are wretched in their attitudes & do themselves no favours at all in that respect.

Maybe Mercers is different like that..i dont know? only those on here who have dealt with them can inform me of that 1 way or the other.

But the basic principle behind what i tell you applies right across the board..in that you have no legal powers to obtain money off people (in a nice or bad way) only the county courts do.

1 day your industry may wake up to that simple fact? :)

I have not mentioned the law and I dont pretend to know it, all I have said is that whats happened on here is not normal and we do not behave like the monsters you make out, maybe they rely on good will and being nice I dont know, I look around and I would never work for another debt collector, I dont class this job as debt collection. a lot of good people make the effort every day to help people and do this month after month if a select few spoil that for us the i can only say sorry - we are not all like that

Guest dwheeler
Like ive said..you maybe the nicest person in the world for all we know & may want to genuinley help etc...

But it our obligations to point out that regardless of all that, you have no legal powers over individuals & the more people become aware of that, the happier i will be ;)

I have not tried to say or do anything to you that shows otherwise, If I was in the same boat im sure I would come here too. I can tell you there is loads of DMC's who are taking over £200 £300 or in some case £700 per month and there creditors are getting nothing, it makes me sick, I know you dont like them but I push CCCS and Payplan whenever I can because I know if a person is at that stage they need help not someone fleesing them for hundreds on top of their own dept

You dont class it as debt collection...so what do you class it as, helping people? :cool:

I repeat once again - maybe you are not a monster personally, but you are part of a system that is & many people have been abused/deceived & conned on the phone by DCA threat monkeys...so its not a select few, its the vast majority as ive read many horror stories on here for the past 2 years now.

All this apologising & wanting to help etc..is welcome in its own right, but with due respect, we have many others on sites like this who do that job effectivley enough & dont work in the industry ;)

I have not tried to say or do anything to you that shows otherwise, If I was in the same boat im sure I would come here too. I can tell you there is loads of DMC's who are taking over £200 £300 or in some case £700 per month and there creditors are getting nothing, it makes me sick, I know you dont like them but I push CCCS and Payplan whenever I can because I know if a person is at that stage they need help not someone fleesing them for hundreds on top of their own dept

They dont need help from anyone in your industry/or connected with your industry..thats what the county courts are there for ;)

I have not mentioned the law and I dont pretend to know it, all I have said is that whats happened on here is not normal and we do not behave like the monsters you make out, maybe they rely on good will and being nice I dont know, I look around and I would never work for another debt collector, I dont class this job as debt collection. a lot of good people make the effort every day to help people and do this month after month if a select few spoil that for us the i can only say sorry - we are not all like that

I would have thought an elementary knowledge of Consumer Credit law would have been a requirement for working at Sharklycard. Surely when you are telephoning people up you would need to know what you are talking about. Of course the manner in which you speak to people doesnt matter just so long as you reach your monthly targets. I am so glad that your bosses approve of you coming on here to act as an apologist for them and their shoddy practices. Maybe they will promote you to whatever is higher than a B. You may even become a C.