Mercers Debt Collection

Donel261
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dwheeler
Would karma be providing a mobile phone when he calls?

probally not, theres a chance you wouldnt pay for it - best not tempt you ah???

Guest dwheeler
dwheeler - Your arguments are getting more desperate and now you're ranting.

Thanks for the input, and now please go away. You have nothing more to contribute.

I will stay thanks, no-one is forcing you to talk to me just like no-one forced you to run up a credit card bill you cant afford to pay then come on here and moan about it or come up with ways not to pay it!!!!

Hello Folks!

Best not to feed the Troll.

It may be easier if you just imagine he/it is tanked up on Babycham and is sitting alone in front of its PC all dressed up in its best crotchless Morris Dancing Outfit.

>>-----:eek:----->

Ask yourselves, do you really want to converse with someone/something like that?

In the morning, you'll be wide awake and happy, whereas the Troll will be hung over and miserable, and back sitting in its little Barclays Bank plc cubicle with a Screen and Telephone that has dial-out buttons for Barclaycard, Mercers and Calder. Above its head there are Flashing LEDs that say:

[O] Snarl

[O] Swear

[O] Intimidate

[O] Pretend to be nice

[O] Spit (if you must)

[O] Go Home You're Sacked

If the Troll is a senior Troll, it might even be allowed to go to the Toilet without having to put its hand up first.

Cheers,

BRW

Guest dwheeler
Coversely, dwheeler, would you have any moral quarms about vigourously attempting to collect on a debt for which you knew Barclays did not have a credit agreement?

I have no issues what so ever, people dont think of their credit agreements when there going on holiday, spending £1000's at christmas or however the run up their bill, the truth is if you have spent the money you should repay it !! Im sure if the shoe was on the other foot and you owned a company with outstanding debt you also would expect it to be repaid !!!!!

Barclaycard were well aware that their customers were under no obligation to repay them when they were happily lending squillions to anyone who could fill in an application, so therfore I have no issues with anyone walking away from their unenforeceable "debt".

Barclays knew from the start they never had any right to expect any money back, so no sympathy from me Im afraid.

Guest dwheeler
Come on- would you torture the life out of someone when you knew they had no obligation to pay?

Its not torture, I listen to all of my staff on a regular basis and I have never encounted the actions you say is the norm on here. in 90% of cases customers go off the call thanking my agents, to back this up I can also confirm that last month we beat our collections target by 5 million I suppose you expect me to beleive that we forced them to pay with a gun to their head too????

If people want to voluntarily give money Barclays thats up to them, but at the end of the day, they are giving Barclays gifts.

They have no more obligation to pay Barclaycard than any other idiot caller who is begging them for money.

Its not torture, I listen to all of my staff on a regular basis and I have never encounted the actions you say is the norm on here. in 90% of cases customers go off the call thanking my agents, to back this up I can also confirm that last month we beat our collections target by 5 million I suppose you expect me to beleive that we forced them to pay with a gun to their head too????

I note you aren't foolish enough to claim that anyone has any obligation to repay money that Barclays has kindly given them.

Guest dwheeler
Barclaycard were well aware that their customers were under no obligation to repay them when they were happily lending squillions to anyone who could fill in an application, so therfore I have no issues with anyone walking away from their unenforeceable "debt".

Barclays knew from the start they never had any right to expect any money back, so no sympathy from me Im afraid.

Well your entitled to your opinion and im entitled to mine, I can say that there are thousands of customers who are helped and are happy with our service

Sadly people only report bad news or bad experiences wouldnt it be nice to start a forum for people who were happy with our service

in 90% of cases customers go off the call thanking my agents,

I have a 1st Class degree in Science and we were always taught that 99% of statistics were generally made up on the spot by people who can't prove them ;)

Can you offer proof of this claim?

Guest dwheeler
I note you aren't foolish enough to claim that anyone has any obligation to repay money that Barclays has kindly given them.

I know that before a card is issued we, like every other bank or credit card company require a signed copy of the credit agreement so when a customer comes to us it is fair to assume that this was the case, at the end of a day I have dealt with cardholders who have been customers for 5 10 20 or 30 years and their credit agreement is the last thing they worry about. and I have to say before putting mercers into google I had no idea that these issues were out there, I have tried to help and I have been set upon by the very people I had every intention of helping