Mercers Debt Collection

Donel261
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest dwheeler
Dont think they'd have much of a choice if a county court orders it once all essential outgoings have been taken into account..£1 per month is the minimum legal...so it would be a case of like it or lump it really ;)

Hi, I dont make the rules, im simply telling you the guidelines we have to work to. as you can imagine there are lots of customers who are genuine and some who are not e.g. a customer had debts of around £15,000 or £20,000 and pays £1.00 per month so in order to protect our business we have had to change our guidelines so the minimum is now £5.00. like everything in life e.g car insurance, house insurance its the dishonest who spoil it for everyone else

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dwheeler
With the greatest respect to your company..its for a county court to decide how much is repaid, not your company.

So if they order £1 per month then that is what they must accept regardless of what company guidelines say :)

Thats fair comment but as you can imagine every man and his dog jump on the band wagon and offer £1.00 so it becomes impossible to see who is genuine and who is not, if its ordered by a county court we are happy to accept it but if its offered over the telephone we will not accept it and will try and come to other arrangements

Barclaycard has a bad name and yet we do not employ debt collectors, we do not employ balliffs and the agents we do use simply go to your address and hand you a telephone to talk to us. after 7 months the debt is sold to the highest bidder and they can collect in whatever way they deem fit, maybe if Barclaycard and Mercers didnt have the reputation it has people might be more willing to come to an agreement

It might be worth while to know that as a company Barclaycard do not employ debt collectors nor do we employ balliffs Once an account has been overdue for a period of 7 months the account is charged off and the debt is sold to the highest bidder, bearing in mind it is then there debt and they can collect as they see fit e.g. debt collectors or ballifs,

Your answers are typical of the DCA/Credit Card Apologists we get on here. Its only a muppet who would talk about DCAs using Baliffs and say quite proudly that Sharklycard do not use them.

For your information and that of the rest of your Threat Monkeys in Mercers and Calders.

Baliffs are employed by the Courts not a sleazy DCA:rolleyes:

we do use simply go to your address and hand you a telephone to talk to us.

Thats the most ludicrous thing ive ever read im sorry.

If anyone came to my address to give me a phone like that to talk to someone, the phone would be placed somewhere were the sun dont shine & the person sent packing...i imagine the rest of the population would do that as well :rolleyes:

We are paid to help customers and have a range of plans to help customers with financial difficulties,

Barclaycard will hold you account for upto 14 days while you seek advise.

quote]

What a load of old cobblers!!!! :lol: Barclays attempt to intimidate and threaten until they get what they want and they don't like it when people fight back.

And I have sought advice from the companies you mentioned, which has been helpful in some ways, but I actually have no wish to have my finances managed by "charities" who are financed by the very people who are making my life a misery. My debts - my money - my responsibilty! BUT - if I don't go with Payplan/CCCS - no deal apparently. Who is really pulling the strings in these operations?

Thats fair comment but as you can imagine every man and his dog jump on the band wagon and offer £1.00 so it becomes impossible to see who is genuine and who is not, if its ordered by a county court we are happy to accept it but if its offered over the telephone we will not accept it and will try and come to other arrangements

I am 1 of those people who encourages every man & his dog to jump on the £1 per month bandwagon...even then, only when its been through the county court process & at a cost to the company or DCA. ;)

Its not for your company to tell who is genuine & who isnt..its for the person in question to do what they want, so long as its legal etc..

Thats were forums like this help :)

The reason why it goes off our balance sheet is because this is know as impairment which effects every bank in the UK.

I dont know the exact rates but to explain my point I will use simple figures.

e.g. customer has a 1,000 limit if they miss one month Barclaycard has to move 5% two months 10% and so on so when an account is in collections Barclaycard cannot use that money because it has to be set to one side like an insurance if you like. google impairmement to see more facts.

Barclaycard pass the debt to Mercers or Calders

United Utilities pass the debt to Moorcroft Debt Recovery

BT pass the debt to Moorcroft Debt Recovery

Intrim Justicia has just announced that companies and banks are now looking at new ways to recovery debt

as I said sent an offer through CCCS or PayPlan and offer £5.00 or over and I will wait for a message from you

Nicely dodged answer to securitisation comments there :D:D:D:D:D

Guest dwheeler
My client doesnt need CCCS, they need and have a damn good lawyer,

i dont wish to argue either but id like to say that your comment that "if your clients offer has been rejected it must be below our guidelines in which case we will continue to call." really shows the mentality behind your company, goodness sakes, if the person cant pay, why make their life a misery???

Unbelieveable

as for selling the debt on, ask your legal team in Churchil Place if you can sell something you dont own ;) oh and while your at it ask them about Gracechurch funding who are the company your firm uses to securitise its credit card debts through but dont take my word for it

Barclays.com - Securitisation heres your firms website,

you see, if you securitise the debt that means its no longer on your balance sheet, so ringing a client who doesnt owe you any money is blatent harrassment and trust me, that is a serious matter

trouble is, you keep things from the debtors as you dont tell them youve securitised their debts which is naughty naughty

Hi There,

I am not well up on impairment but i did google it and found a good site to explain it in more detail what you where asking the site is:

Impairment

as i am sure you can now see althought we own the debt it has to be put aside and the bank cannot use this money in any way e.g. lending against it. once the amount is repaid the bank can then use it again reducing impairment and effecting the banks standing e.g. share prices

and just to show were not alone with this problem take a look at how much capital one has set aside due to impairment

http://www.execdigital.com/Capital-One-posts-fourth-quarter-loss-after-impairment_15256.aspx

I was hounded to the point of harming myself last year by barclayshark & mercers (aka barclaycard), I like dd missed paying another creditor in order to get barclaycard off my back, much to the annoyance of NDL who slapped my wrist for giving in.

Barclaycard is fully aware of my circumstances, will they agree a payment plan - like hell they will, NDL budget planner stated £54 as a prorata payment, put forward to barclayshark & the reply I got was that they do not accept lower payments full stop - and I have that in writing - so I doubled that amount even though I can't afford it, to show I take my debts seriously, now have a log of over 800 calls since last November when they failed to supply me with my cca.

If they sent someone to my house and shoved a phone in my face to speak to BC/mercers or anyone else, phone would very quickly disappear where the sun don't shine.

This company is an absolute disgrace, and I don't understand why you've come on the forum - you spout nothing but utter *ollocks squire!

Edited by beachcomber60
Spillin mistoke!

Put simply Dwheeler, All your talk means nothing if barclayshark can't produce an agreement. That though does not stop sad brainwashed individuals like you from thinking they are in the right.. Barclayshark should abide by the LAW if they want the rest of us to.

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Thats fair comment but as you can imagine every man and his dog jump on the band wagon and offer £1.00 so it becomes impossible to see who is genuine and who is not, if its ordered by a county court we are happy to accept it but if its offered over the telephone we will not accept it and will try and come to other arrangements Really you do not have the choice in what you accept. A debtor can only pay what they can afford, even is this is a £1 per month

Barclaycard has a bad name and yet we do not employ debt collectors,What do yo call your telephone threat monkeys then. we do not employ balliffs AS you should be aware Courts are the only people who employ Balliffsand the agents we do use simply go to your address and hand you a telephone to talk to us. Where do you get the Legal Power to send a muppet to anyones door? after 7 months the debt is sold to the highest bidder and they can collect in whatever way they deem fit, Provided it is Legal maybe if Barclaycard and Mercers didnt have the reputation it has people might be more willing to come to an agreement

I wonder why they have this reputation. All the people on here cannot be wrong can they????

I wonder why they have this reputation. All the people on here cannot be wrong can they????

If they want to sent someone round to my door and hand me a phone, I'll say thank you very much.. a new phone and close the door on them:D

dwheeler,

I did take the matter up with a manager - two in fact. The horrible man I mentioned was telling me I had to pay £50 immediately by debit card or a debt collector would be banging on my door within days. I didn't have £50 to pay him at the time if I wanted to be able to feed my child, so I couldn't do it. I was crying and crying down the phone and begging him for more time and not to send someone round and he didn't give a t***.

Beachcomber too was driven to harm herself. She and I are actually the lucky ones now because we have found this site which is a true lifesaver, and gives us strength. What about the people out there who don't know about CAG, who are totally isolated with their debt problems, and who know that there must be other people who would be in a similar situation, but don't know how to contact them?

I offered reduced payments, not just the £1, and was told this wasn't acceptable.

I have been on this site for five months and I have seen so many postings from people who are truly at the end of their tether. I've also seen occasional postings from people who admit they could pay their debts but don't want to and are trying to see how they can get out of it. These people are either ignored, or it is made clear to them that this is not what CAG is about. If the people on this forum can so clearly work out who is genuinely in need of help and who isn't, why is it so hard for Barclaycard to do so?

As you say, "passed to us" is a tactic, and on CAG we know that, but how many people who are being frightened to death are aware of this? How many people are crying their eyes out every day, frightened to answer their phone, thinking that they would be better off dead rather than continue to deal with constant harassment. I didn't know about this "tactic" until I found this site. Also, most people don't know the difference between a DCA doorstep visit and a bailiff, so this adds to their terror - that someone is going to come along from barclaycard and start taking their possessions, their children's toys, everything.

Clearly, a vast number of people on this site having financial problems are there BECAUSE THEIR CIRCUMSTANCES CHANGED. We have mostly not been on huge spending sprees, but have used our credit cards to meet everyday bills. People here have lost jobs, suffered bereavements, have serious health problems, have children with serious health problems, and we are all trying to manage our commitments as well as we possibly can.

As I said, I have spoken to some perfectly reasonable and polite people at barclaycard/calders/mercers, but there are clearly others who will be punching the air with joy, shouting "Result!!", when they have managed to frighten and bully some poor person into paying more than they can reasonably afford.

Daniella

dwheeler is/was obviously a troll who was "put up to it" so to speak, by his/her fellow threat monkeys..so theres no point trying to argue/reason with this person caggers.

I bet dwheeler is in the office now telling fellow monkeys to "come read CAG & see what i was saying on there last night" :rolleyes:

Guest dwheeler
dwheeler,

I notice that you have posted elsewhere on this site that you are a shareholder with barclays and you brag that your 10,000 shares cost £5100 and is now worth £17,900.

Sums you up a treat ! ! !

Yes because you slag us off for our actions and yet our shares are among few banks to be increasing and we have not asked for any help.

I would be interested to know... if you were owed 5.3 Billion which is currecnty our impairment figure, would you accept £1.00 per month and how would you debt collect on this amount??

dwheeler

Your a lightweight £41k after tax, small fry in a big pond.

Go and get your boss another coffee.

ha ha

Notts

As a great man once said " All Men Can Fly But Some Only in One Direction"

Notts

Guest dwheeler
Oh the troll is really starting to shine through now :D

Well I will leave you with a final thought.. if you and your family were owed £5 billion which is our current impairment rate

how would you debt collect and would you accept £1.00 per month??

Yes because you slag us off for our actions and yet our shares are among few banks to be increasing and we have not asked for any help.

I would be interested to know... if you were owed 5.3 Billion which is currecnty our impairment figure, would you accept £1.00 per month and how would you debt collect on this amount??

You really do seem to have a complex about this £1 per month figure. :lol:

You'd better get used to it...coz it will become even more the norm the more people in debt find this site ;)

Well I will leave you with a final thought.. if you and your family were owed £5 billion which is our current impairment rate

how would you debt collect and would you accept £1.00 per month??

I wouldnt really have much say in the matter if thats what a county court ordered...anything else would be taking the law into my own hands & you certainly wouldnt be encouraging illegality now would you? :cool: