Hoist Now Lowells Chasing 2 old debts - Possible Statute Barred

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lowell sent me a letter telling me that they acquired hoist finance and are now managing couple of my debts from 2003, defaulted around 2005.

I was in token payment with Eurodebt until 2013. With help from this site, I sent CCA request to both DCA which they failed to produce. Then they sold the debt to Robinson Way and then to Hoist and now to Lowell. The last payment was probably around the end of 2013.

Now I get at least a text message from Lowell every day and a letter through the post once every forthnight. I am pretty sure this debt is statute-barred. How should I handle this or should I ignore it completely? One thing I don't want is to go to court as I recently lost a case.

Thank you. 

well you didn't lose ....you suffered judge lottery, nothing you could ever have done would have prevented that.

if you've not paid these debts to anyone in +6yrs

send separately our sb letter for each debt to lowell

the reason this is happening is because lowell recently bought hoist uk and all their debts.

that can be found in the debt collection section of our library.

dx

• Like 2

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Hoist Now Lowells Chasing 2 old debts - Possible Statute Barred

Lowell have brought a ton of ancient debts, probably for a few pence in the pound, the idea being to find people who are no longer at the same address and to obtain an undefended back door CCJ.  However, if you send the Statute Barred letter with your current address on it, there is zero chance they can do anything. All that peace of mind for the price of 2 first class stamps! You get the best advice here!

• Like 2

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...

Never heard from Lowell since my SB letter.

should they have confirmed receipt of my letter and confirmed when my last payment was?

On separate debt, the last payment was Sept 2017

should I send them a SB letter or request CCA?

I sent the previous collector CCA in Sept 2017 but they never sent me one.

they dont have to reply no.

as for this other debt, as long as the debt OWNER has had your correct address informed in writing from you or you've not moved...do nothing until unless you get a letter of claim.

once it passes SB date then SB letter time.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...