• Tweets

• Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mercers Debt Collection

Donel261
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have just checked on Companies House website and it says Mercers status is active,tho it says they are a non trading company. Does this change things?

Ajjars

I've received about 25 calls this week from 08701242495 and I decided to Google it and this forum popped up! :) They've rung only when I've been at work so I haven't answered the phone once - I was also wary of it because I didn't recognise the number. I owe Abbey National about £300 from an overdraft, but apart from that I have no other debts. Do Mercers also collect for Abbey National?

I suppose next time I should answer to find out if is this true or if it's a case of mistaken identity, like the poor man getting harassed from people looking for his ex-wife!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone just reading this thread on mercers as i have been threatened to be passed over to them from LPF a group of barclays!! after not being able to negotiate as interest is pileing on i asked to be passed to debt recovery as most stop interest. was wondering does any one know if mercers stop interest? and just collect the debt?:-|

Hi i was passed over to Mercer's from LPF. Mercer's do not stop the interest, and because they wouldn't accept my offer of payment, i was told they would pass my account over to a debt collection agency. Which i actually thought Mercer's were a debt collection agency. But at least Mercer's have now stopped phoning me.

Hope that helps.

Fran

Hi i was passed over to Mercer's from LPF. Mercer's do not stop the interest, and because they wouldn't accept my offer of payment, i was told they would pass my account over to a debt collection agency. Which i actually thought Mercer's were a debt collection agency. But at least Mercer's have now stopped phoning me.

Hope that helps.

Fran

Hi fran thanks, wow so how long did mercers call you for? before passing you to debt recovery? do you pay interest now? so it looks like LPF continue to make money from peoples misfortune and then mercers make more!!:mad: I am so angry at that!! I hope things are better for you now:)

Hi Mercer's phoned me for about three months in all, practically every single day. I even reported them to LPF for the abuse i received off one caller. Not that it did much good though, as i had a letter back from LPF telling me that they didn't constitute the phone calls and abuse as harassement. And even after me getting angry after a really upsetting time with Mercer's they still continued to phone.

I still haven't heard from a debt collection agency, so who Mercer's have sold my debt to i dont know.

All i do know is, if who ever your dealing with, if they dont accept a reduced payment, they wont stop any interest going on to your account. The only way this will stop this is if they agree or you get a CCJ.

Things are a little bit easier now, although because i have a lot of debt, i just pay my creditor's £2 a month, as advised by the CCCS.

Good luck to you, but dont back down, as iv'e been told 'You cant pay if you haven't got the money'.

Best wishes

Fran

If you feel you must answer their calls the TAPE EVERYTHING when they start the the threats thank them very much and tell them you have recorded their threats and will be passing it on to Police, FOS, Trading Standars News of the World, Uncle Tom Cobbley and alll. When you do this you will be able to hear them vacate their bowels over the phone. They hate their lying threats and bullying being taped

Has anyone heard of 'Link Financial' MBNA has sold my debt to this company, and now i am having problems with them. They wont acknowledge my letters to them or the token payment i have sent.

First Mercer's, now these. Will it never end.:(

Oh dear. Link are the lowest of the low (allegedly). There are numerous posts on here about them and MBNA. Like all bullies they can be beaten but be prepared for loads of phone calls, harrasment, bullying, mystery post cards, calls to your neighbours etc

• 1 month later...

Hello to you all this is my first post on your wonderful forum. Today I recieved a call from 08701 242495. No message was left and as I am in dispute with a mobile phone dealer I did a google search which brought me hear. I was offered two upgrades for free and a change of provider. The phones arrived, were not what I wanted so I declined the offer and sent the phones back only for the dealer refuse to accept delivery. The company are called freeupgrades.co.uk. Three.co.uk are also giving me grief saying I have a contract with them. I have stated in writing to both companies within seven days that I wished to cancel. I have informed trading standards who are investigating. I now have the phones again and am not sure what to do next. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks jimmy1811

This thread has cleared up a mystery for me :confused: I have been receiving phone calls from Barclaycard which when answered advise you barclaycard have phoned and want you to return their call (and we do not or have not ever held one). My wife however does have an LPF credit card which she is in dispute with. Also we always receive a call from Mercers straight after the Barclaycard call (I think I now see the link).

They always ask for my wife and I tell them she has found religion and gone on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land and if they find her could they tell her we still love her and would have her back.....:D . Seems to confuse them for a while.. I have just CCA'ed them today.

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

What's their address bigandyuk1? Just got in from beating Sharklaycard in court to get message from this bunch re:daughter, Barclaycard sent an application for her CCA and will be in criminal default at weekend! Love the bit about the Holy Land:D

I have CCA'd Mercers:

Mercers Debt Collections Ltd

PO Box 55

Liverpool

L32 8XX

Regards

Andy Banwell

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

I think its that teenage first time sex face............ I can't really think back that far, so this helps my fading memory :eek::D :D

So thats why you're crossed eyed, my but you were advanced, nothing a good pair of specs wouldn't fix, come this way thats what my OH does for a living apart from giving Sharklays a thrashing in court - am I gloating - Nah!:D;)

Guest ConsumersRevenge

i am currently suing barclaycard for malpractice. i wonder if i could pursuade mercers to begin trading again to chase the debt for me. now there's a thought

Guest ConsumersRevenge

Consequently, if anyone has thier barclaycard debt sold to equidebt, please contact me. i have a small warning for you about a possible breach of your personal details and data security.

I've received a call from these today - sunday?! asking to speak to my BF.

Seemed like a foreign call centre, they just asked when the best time to call would be, as my BF is not in.

I then hung up because I'm sick of call centres calling, usually for someone who has never lived here! :mad:

Bit odd as my BF doesn't have a Barclaycard or any accounts with Barclays, I do however but I'm not late with payments etc etc?

Does anyone know of any other companies this lot are associated with??

Guest ConsumersRevenge

Peach - mercers are located in liverpool, and equidebt in warwickshire. neither (to my knowledge) have call centres abroad, although barclays do. that said, equidebt did employ a few polish people in thier call centre (all above board I will add, given one of the founders has to be careful being polish himself!). normally (and having been a security and business intelligence advisor) i refuse to speak to offshore call centres regarding ANY matter (make your own minds up people, I am not saying for a minute that I don't trust my details with these people... happy cag mods / solicitors?). Equidebt do have a new partner, but I am not aware they have a foreign call centre operation.