BaySentry solutions (Citipark?) ANPR PCN - Rickmansworth NTK - but I paid twice!! ***BaySentry gave in at POPLA***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I searched existing post but didn't find any similar.

Received NTK today.

Car park is Rickmansworht Citipark .

I parked few times before but during workdays (mon-Fri).

The fed is for up to 24h and I used to pay on arrival.

On Saturday it's 2£ up to 2 hours, but 5£ over 4h. 

on the app I paid on arrival and 2£ were taken. I checked couple days later to make sure it's correct and noticed the mistake.

I phoned Citipark and additional 3£ were taken on phone and Customer support says all fine. and attached arrived today.

Any advice, please. 

1 Date of the infringement 11/02/2023

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 06/03/2023

3 Date received 08/03/2023

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] N

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Y

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N

7 Who is the parking company? Baysentry Solutions

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Rickmansworth Citipark WD3 1FX

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

BPA

Doc1.pdf

First... DON'T APPEAL! It never works and you could lose legal protection.

So, the app automatically "took payment" of £2 initially?

And you later paid Bay Sentry the additional £3 manually during a phone call?

Presumably you have proof of payment for both occasions?

The good news is that the fleecers haven't complied with the appropriate timescales to send you their invoice.

(You're supposed to receive it within 14 days).

So IF they take it any further they have a problem with that, plus other problems that I'm sure will be mentioned by the team...

The advice is to ignore anything else they send unless you get a "letter before claim".

And I know you've skimmed other threads, but go and look at them properly.

The process and reasoning is very similar to your situation

Edited by Nicky Boy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Yes, No option on the app to select the duration or amount and I now think it works on the exit time and not clear at all on the app.

Both payments of 2£ and 3£ on Credit card but shows as CITIPARK not BaySentry..

Sorry I was editing my last post. Take a look again.

And what you've said in your last post makes things even worse for the fleecers.

You've got proof of payment. They're dead in the water.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

All volunteers here.

Depends on whose around at the time.

I'm sure others will add their opinions later on.

• Like 1

• dx100uk changed the title to Bayscentry solutions (Citipark?) ANPR PCN - Rickmansworth NTK - but I paid twice!!

I agree with Nicky Boy.

Ignore the coming deforestation.

But never ignore a Letter of Claim.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

As Nicky Boy said they sent out the Notice to keeper in time to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. This means that only the driver is responsible for the debt and should the driver not pay, the charge cannot be transferred to the keeper.

So important not to state who was driving if you have to contact them. Do not say "I parked the car"... say the "the driver parked the car" as an example of not dropping yourself in. Also the entrance does not tell you cameras or there is a charge to park inside the car park. Although even if you did out yourself when you rang to make the second payment, once they accepted your money as far as I am aware that should be the end of the matter.

There are some interesting Reviews of this car park at

It will be very difficult for them to win in Court should it get that far. The second payment was accepted albeit several days later. The acceptance is sufficient for them to be unable to pursue you after you had paid especially as they didn't send you a demand for around three weeks later. On top of that their PCN states that their conditions are clearly marked at the entrance when they are not.

I am unable to see any connection between Citipark and Baysentry  other than some directors of both companies have the same surname though both are members of BPA.

• honeybee13 changed the title to BaySentry solutions (Citipark?) ANPR PCN - Rickmansworth NTK - but I paid twice!!

Yes if they did try courtt they accepted the second payment and that signifies they have been paid in full, there is no loss beyond some cooked up breach of a supposed contact that was  completed entirely by their acceptance of the payment.  They have nowhere to ground any claim.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Lookinforinfo

As Nicky Boy said they sent out the Notice to keeper in time to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. This means that only the driver is responsible for the debt and should the driver not pay, the charge cannot be transferred to the keeper.

I think that you meant did NOT send the......  in time  etc

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

22 hours ago, dkwdk said:

Yes, No option on the app to select the duration or amount and I now think it works on the exit time and not clear at all on the app.

Both payments of 2£ and 3£ on Credit card but shows as CITIPARK not BaySentry..

From a quick look online Citipark are the owner of the carpark and BaySentry are the the PPC [Private Parking Company], the 'parking management company' as they call themselves, who enforce the parking rules on behalf of Citipark.  Presumably BaySentry work under contract from Citipark. That's why your payment details show Citipark. You paid the standard parking fee to the car park owner.

• Like 2

As others have said, the fleecers are highly unlikely to try court and if they did they would get an almighty kicking from the judge.

Still, if you can get rid of the ticket straight away, why not?  Ethel has found out that Citipark are the organ grinders  [email protected]

Why not e-mail them, explain what happened, emphasise they have been paid in full and indeed accepted payment in full, and ask them to call the fleecers off.

Do not say "I paid" or "I parked", always say "the driver paid" or "the driver parked".

The idea might not get you anywhere, but nothing ventured ...

• 2 months later...

Hello all who responded on this thread.

I didn't post any updates in case parking company monitors this forum.

I've done as FTMDave suggested.

Called them but they said cannot discuss NTK on the phone and suggested to appeal online.

I appealed but as a keeper of the vehicle on the basis NTK being out of time.

Of course, they rejected as per suggestions and gave POPLA code.

Appealed on the same basis to POPLA.

And few days ago, received email (below).

I didn’t pay anything as per NTK so later outcome – cancelled charge.

Thank you all for being supportive and advice!

The operator has contacted us and told us that they have withdrawn your appeal.

If you have already paid your parking charge, this is the reason your appeal will have been withdrawn. Unfortunately, you cannot pay your parking charge and appeal, which means that POPLA’s involvement in your appeal has ended. You will not be able to request a refund of the amount paid in order to resubmit your appeal to us.

If you have not paid your parking charge, the operator has reviewed your appeal and chosen to cancel the parking charge. As the operator has withdrawn your appeal, POPLA’s involvement has now ended and you do not need to take any further action.

Kind regards

POPLA Team

so you won!!

and so what if they read here:noidea:

how can that hurt...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• FTMDave changed the title to BaySentry solutions (Citipark?) ANPR PCN - Rickmansworth NTK - but I paid twice!! ***BaySentry gave in at POPLA***

Well done

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!