Backdoor CCJ UKCPM windscreen residential PCN - opps i moved!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry, they have not used the word Fine but charge.

Below is part of their restto my appeal;

“We have carefully considered your appeal but on this occasion, I am writing to inform you that your appeal has been unsuccessful as a breach of the terms and conditions of parking occurred.

The decision has been made on the basis that:

A valid permit was not clearly displayed in the vehicle windscreen.
The photographic evidence of your vehicle supports the above statement.

Signage clearly states “A VALID UK CPM PERMIT MUST BE CLEARLY DISPLAYED IN THE FRONT WINDSCREEN AT ALL TIMES”

For a vehicle to be parked correctly a valid CPM parking permit must be clearly displayed within the vehicle windscreen at all times.

The photographic evidence of your vehicle shows that at the time of the contravention a valid CPM parking permit was not displayed, therefore you were in breach of the parking restrictions and were subsequently issued with a parking charge notice. 

Although you have subsequently proved that you are in possession of a permit, for a permit management scheme to run efficiently it is imperative that a valid CPM permit is displayed in the windscreen at all times. This is the only way CPM operatives can ascertain which vehicles are authorised to park.

It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure a valid CPM parking permit is clearly and securely displayed in clear sight within the windscreen of the vehicle prior to leaving it unattended within a restricted area.

The photographic evidence of your vehicle shows that you are within a clear view of one of the many warning signs throughout the development. All signage states the terms and conditions of parking within the restricted area.

Upon reading the signage you have contractually agreed to pay a parking charge fee as restrictions were breached. It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure parking is permitted prior to leaving the vehicle unattended within the restricted area.

Please note. You now have 14 days from the date of this letter to make payment at the reduced fee of £60.00. If payment is not received within 14 days, the fee will increase to the full amount of £100.00.”

This is how it all started.

Manmeet

Token or no token the likes of DPD, Yodel and FedEx would tell CPM to Foxtrot Oscar, reckon the managing Agents get a sweetner form the parking Cowboy, do as ericsbrother suggests.  You were actually picking up your token so the PPC is out of order and their demand on that head is unreasonable and unfair.  they just want cash.  If they tried court the team here would help you defend any stupid claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi Eric, Should I post them the below response suggested by you?

"I deny that any monies are owed to your  client as there was no contract offered for me to breach. You know very well that the signage there isnt worth a light as there is no planning consent for it so one cannot enter into a criminal compact with UKCPM.  As the parking world's most famous lawyers you should know this and advise your client to stop wasting their money"

Send a copy by  First Class post with a free certificate of posting, then you have a proper paper trail, you cannot rely on email as they will use it to harass you. Stae in the snail mail that you cannot accept any legal documentation via electronic means, as in email.  that will be in the letter and would trip Gladdys up if they tried that later.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

you NEVER EVER EVER email these charlatans, we say POST and that means a letter in the post.

now block their email address and dotn ever emauil any parking co, dca or solicitor masquerading as a trade association ever again.

If you had read  a number of other threads to acquaint yourself of parkinmg matters you would have come across this already. To understand what this is really all about you need to empower yourself and that me4nas to raed up on everything surrounding private parking

So what they are saying is that even though you do have permit and you were allowed to be parked there, rather than just void the ticket which any honest company would do since you are a permit holder, they want to charge you 100 pound. Nice work if you can get it. The parking company seem to forget that they are there to prevent vehicles parking there who are unauthorised not to penalise residents who are allowed to park there.

Exactly, and that is where I feel anguished. They are daylight robbers trying the legal stick fear factor. I casually asked some friends and they mentioned that they paid the money as they did not want to deal with Solicitors. This shows that they make a lot of money this way.

Anyways, I have posted first class recorded mail today as a proof for a future battle, which I hope I don't have to see.

2 minutes ago, Manmeet said:

I have posted first class recorded mail today as a proof for a future battle

Sadly you may just get proof that your letter was not delivered. Always send first class with free certificate of posting, not recorded delivery. They sometimes sniff a recorded delivery and refuse to sign for it as it usually contains bad news. Just keep an eye on the tracking, if it's not signed for within a week send again by the "approved" method 😉

• 3 weeks later...

Hi friends, On your advice, I had written a letter and posted to Gladdy's. They have come back with a reply and I have attached the response. Can you pls advise way forward as they are still threatening legal action. 

IMG_9430.JPG

you are misreading this completely, whoever sent you this has unlilaterally decided that they have the right to usurp the law and decide that you owe the money to a company that is an uninterested third party, namely DR+.

However,  it is still just a begging letter and if sent by Gladstones it shows that the IPC "independent" adjudicator isnt allowed to even wipe his own arse without them telling him to so ignore this as being the worthless bit of bog paper it is.

so DR+ are now the IAS in their own minds. What a bunch of self deluded oafs.

If they werent so careless about who uses their name it would make a complaint to the IPC interesting but as they are all one and the same it only shows that they collude to make unlawful demands.

Thanks. I will wait and watch their next step or if they give up as in my case they now know that I was a bonafide resident of the property at the time of penalty charge.

they dont give a stuff about that, theyn have spent £20 on this and want to show a profit on their outlay  and also show you that they have superpowers that allow them to order you about.

It wasnt a penalty charge either read it properly. the misunderstanding of what it is and what DCA's are helps them earn money they dont deserve. To that end tell us who sent the letter you got so you dont misunderstand. Is it Gladstones letterhead or DR+?

there is a big difference as to what you can make of it at some point in the future

• 10 months later...

I have now received a letter from Newlyn with CCJ against me.

As per suggestion on the forum I had not pad up £100 fine as I was the resident of my complex and I had moved in on the day and parked car to collect my parking token.

In that time UKCPM agent put fine on my car.

Now the fine has gone up to £362.

It would have been better had I paid up £100 then.

Kindly advise if anything can be done.

I had no intimation of any court case being called to attend any hearing.

i got the Newlyn letter on behalf of Gladstone solicitor out of the blue.

I had changed my residence in the meantime and not sure if they sent any notice there.

URGENTLY advise. 

No I did not.

AS I did not receive any more posts from them for a while I thought they gave up.

The car that I had at that time was also sold in Sep 2019.

Attached is part of the notice.

Image.jpg

Hi HB, any thoughts on this or do I have to pay the full amount to Newlyn?

threads merged

tittle updated

you should NEVER move without informing all of your credit file debt owners or charge owners or DVLA etc of your new address.

the letter from newlyns is simply a DCA letter NOT them operating as their bailiff wing so can be ignored. as can the additional fees on it.

it is NOT A FINE

newlyns didn't take you to court.

UKPCS did but you received nothing because you moved without informing people of your new address.

it's called a backdoor CCJ, of which you are at risk of if you have debts on your credit file you are not paying too..

you can get the CCJ set aside but that will cost you £255 via form N244. this is the only way to remove the CCJ, as paid or not, it's there for 6yrs.

you could simply pay the judgement sum off to UKCPS minus newlyns unlawful fees but that wont remove the CCJ.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor CCJ UKCPM windscreen residential PCN - opps i moved!!

Understood.

So to close the matter without further delay I should pay the full £362.

While I don’t blame anyone for the guidance thus far, but on hind side I have learnt now that it is better to pay up even private company car parking fine rather than challenge them and delay it.

Now the CCJ will stay against my name for 6 years and may impact my credit rating or a clean record of stay in UK.

part of CAG is self help.

should you have carried that out

you might not be where you are now.

it is NOT A FINE

not sure why you keep saying that.

only police/council can FINE you for parking.

no PPC can fine anyone

which is why we advice the way we do.

and no , you don't pay the £362!!

if you look at the judgement from the COURT its a lot less than that

and NO-ONE can add anything to that

contempt of court!

so . why not spend £255 and get it set aside/…..

atleast for less money you stand a VERY good chance of this being removed from your credit file.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...