Britannia ANPR PCN - Waitrose ANPR St John's Well Ct Berkhamstead HP4 1HS ***Cancelled by Waitrose***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1 Date of the infringement 17/11/23

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 24/11/23

[scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s

3 Date received 26/11/23

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes - in and out of the barrier

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up No

7 Who is the parking company? Britannia

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Waitrose, Berkhamsted, Herts

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

no, dont think so

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

Britannia invoice.pdf

Edited by FTMDave
Personal details removed

Thank you for filling in the sticky so quickly - we wish everyone who comes here would do that!

However, you left the parking invoice reference number showing at the top of your upload.  I've redacted it

Britannia say you overstayed, but are too lazy & stupid to state the maximum parking time allowed.  Do you know what that is?

Edited by FTMDave
Irrelavent stuff removed

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Britannia ANPR PCN - Waitrose ANPR St John's Well Ct Berkhamstead HP4 1HS

The government Code of Practice allows a 5-minute consideration period to read the signs and a 10-minute grace period to leave the car park: you were within those times.

The IPC Code of Practice (Britannia are not members) allows a reasonable consideration period (surely 5 minutes) to read the signs and a 10-minute grace period to leave the car park: you were within those times.

The BPA Code of Practice (Britannia are members) allows a 5-minute consideration period to read the signs but then says that disappears into the parking period and a 10-minute grace period to leave the car park: you were 15 seconds outside those times.  Oh no!

They are hardly likely to do court for 15 seconds and against a blue badge holder to boot who is allowed extra time.

But, belt & braces, write to the Waitrose CEO  https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9152&c=Waitrose Limited-Executive Director, Waitrose  and lay it on thick about being a regular customer, attach proof of payment, say you left within the government Code of Practice consideration & grace period guidelines and only 15 seconds over according to the British Parking Association guidelines, that you are a BB holder, and surely a BB holder is allowed an extra 15 seconds.  Ask them to get Britannia to cancel the charge.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Charge cancelled, thanks again!  Letter :

Dear Mr Bailey, 

I trust this message finds you well. I am a loyal customer of Waitrose and seek your assistance in addressing a parking charge issue from my recent visit.

I adhered to the government Code of Practice and IPC guidelines for sign-reading and departure times. However, due to a 15-second overage in the BPA's stipulated grace period (of which Britannia is a member), a £70 charge was issued.

As a blue badge holder, I request understanding for this slight overage. I kindly ask for your support in urging Britannia to review and, if possible, cancel the charge. Your assistance in resolving this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours sincerely,

you mean waitrose have told the brits to cancel it?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, can you please confirm exactly what you mean by "charge cancelled"?  Who is it that has told you the charge has been cancelled?

Well done on your victory!  👏

Thread title updated.

Make absolutely sure you hang on to this communication.  PPCs have previous for "forgetting" to cancel tickets even when instructed to do so.

• FTMDave changed the title to Britannia ANPR PCN - Waitrose ANPR St John's Well Ct Berkhamstead HP4 1HS ***Cancelled by Waitrose***