Met PCN Claimform - occupants left Southgate premises - ignored everything - default judgement - Starbucks/Mc'ds Stansted Airport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I need advice please,

Back in November 2018 we parked at The Southgate McDonald’s/Starbucks car park at Stansted before getting our flight

.I parked at Starbucks to walk to McDonald’s.

I have received letters over the years and have never acknowledged any of them .

I now have a CCJ against me as I didn’t think that it was real so never answered

My latest letter from dcbl is a notice of debt recovery unpaid county court judgment of £347.92.

I know I should have completed the CCJ

.Is there anything that I can do now or should I just pay it.

Thank you

bingoboy

OK, what has happened is this.

As a guestimate we have around 100 cases with this company at this car park ongoing on the forum.  All the Caggers have refused to pay and despite threats from MET that they will reroute a drone from Ukraine and make it fall on the Cagger's home, in the end nothing has happened.

However, there is an important stage where they send a Letter of Claim which is formal notice of imminent court action.  At that point we advise to send MET a snotty letter showing the Cagger would be big trouble in court.  At that point MET back off.

However, if you don't reply to the Letter of Claim MET assume you have moved and they can win the case by default -. which is why they issue court papers.

The court papers are very clear that there is a deadline which you must defend by - or you lose by default.

Very, very, very important - what is the date of the court order you have received?

Edited by FTMDave
Typo

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So you had until 18th October to pay it.  You didn't.  So you're stuck with a CCJ and a knackered credit file for six years.

There is no way out of this.  As far as the court is concerned you were given a chance to defend the case with the court papers and a clear deadline for doing so, but chose not to - lost case.  You were then given a clear deadline to pay the money by, but chose to defy the court - CCJ.  Even if you pay it's too late to get rid of the CCJ

Silver lining!  I've been on this forum for eight years and I've never seen a parking company enforce judgement for a single ticket.  It's just not worth their while.  So simply don't pay.  Not paying = CCJ, paying = CCJ, so you might as well not pay.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for your comments,

I am so relieved and happy that you have put the silver lining, to be honest I am not too worried about the CCJ as I am an older person and I won’t need a mortgage or credit,  I am worried about bailiffs coming round and harassing myself or my wife.

Thing is if I had done something wrong I would have paid straight away but to blatantly mislead you into giving them money for parking outside Starbucks then going to McDonald’s in the same car park is so so wrong.

What made it worse is the fact that our friends in their car bought a coffee from Starbucks for my wife while we went to McDonald’s to get ours and their burgers etc.

What would I have to receive to have to worry about this matter.

Thank you again for your reassurance 😊

• dx100uk changed the title to Met PCN Claimform - ignored everything - default judgement - Starbucks/Mc'ds Stansted Airport

it could only ever be county court bailiffs and MET would have to return to court to ASK the judge to send them... and as this is a civil (consumer ) debt, there is no right of forced entry. so.....if they get ignored ...:whistle: they go away...

just for your ref a DCA (Debt Collectors) are NOT BAILIFFS

and have 

ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT it's type.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

just type no need to keep hitting quote.

5 previous post quoted removed.

thread title updated

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Met PCN Claimform - occupants left Southgate premises - ignored everything - default judgement - Starbucks/Mc'ds Stansted Airport