Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Thank you. I'm the type of person who has to understand how everything works.   That annoying kid in class who always has his hand up!
    • a court bailiff will not do that and fleecing DCA's cant use HCEO as its a regulated consumer credit agreement under £5k. you'll not find one CCJ thread here where this has ever been any diff. forget google! bit like the USA election was rigged and trump won twaddle.   stick with cag eh?   so use our search top right in the red banner backdoor CCJ whilst you await getting the info.      
    • please just type no need to keep hitting quote....   read what it says in red at the top of the CPR 31:14 template..carefully again.. i can see this thread continuing with these series of schoolboy errors and you screwing up if you dont learn to read and follow things carefully .   just send the CPR as is no need to worry about if or not something is applicable . they rarely respond anyway which is why we say don't miss defence filing date whatever happens..  
    • Stop worrying about bailiffs and read what dx100uk  has posted  ..........................................................
    • The two companies are lowell and cabot.   I'll get the information and come back with it.   I did do quite a bit of 'Google' research before coming on here. There's a lot of confusing information out there they seem to tell you half the story.   Just so I'm clear. Bailiffs in my situation, if authorised by a court. Can enter the property through an unlocked door and seizure goods? Or can they not do that with a consumer credit ccj? Or point me in the right direction so I can read up on it.   Thank you for your help. It's good to finally speak to somebody who tells you how it is.
  • Our picks

    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
        • Like
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.
      I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.
      In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 
      In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.
      In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.
      To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.
      So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.
      Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!
        • Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1252 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Ok Just start with some background.


for the past two years 2014 & 2015 i have had relapses of prolapsed disks causing me to have long absences , after the last absence it was agreed that i would be covered under the disability act (or whatever its called now) also after i had my injections i had to have physio which the occupational health provided so i got back to work a lot quicker than if i had waited for the nhs .


Now on to this year i had to be signed of sick because my shoulder had frozen i cannot lift anything of with with one arm , doctor has put me on pain killers and on the list for physio for the shoulder which will allow me to return to worl .


When it was diagnosed i told my line manager to refer me to OH because the waiting list was 3 months and they could get me seen a lot earlier like last time , then when i spoke to them again after i was given another fitness note and again they saud they would .


Also the reason i need the referral is that they could arrange to gety me back to work in a different area not doing the repetitive actions which aggrevate it while i am waiting for physio or sending me to their physio .


The problem is when i go back i know i will face a meeting about my absence but i cannot afford to pay to go privte to jump the list also I cannot go back to full duties because even the gp said i would see you within a week again . So where do i go from here.


I am unable to go to OH without the referral but without Oh i can see me being signed off until i get the phsio from the NHS

Edited by honeybee13
Link to post
Share on other sites

Your manager is saying they will refer you to OH but it is slow happening, is that right?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Your manager is saying they will refer you to OH but it is slow happening, is that right?

no i want to be referred to oh because they can get me treatment sooner rather than later , the manager has not done anything about it . so my period of absense is longer than it should be

Link to post
Share on other sites

then your manager si either failing to fulfil their duties or trying to engineer your dismissal on capability grounds. get a letter off saying that you want to return but cant, need referral from them to OH etc copied in to more senior manager. LM probably doesnt have the clout needed so polite push upstairss may well do the trick

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 7 months later...

I have a problem that will require me to ask for half days for a week due to the fact my father carer has to be looking after another person (sister who has just had had breast cancer and had the surgery to try and catch it so cant do anything ,



my sisters husband is coming out of respite care next week

he is in the latter stages of moter neorone desise and confined to a wheel chair and totally reliant on other people now to get him out of the chair etc .



i have to look after my father



but due to the hours i work he will be left for far too long up to 9 hours now until i can get back ,



now i want to request a week of half days starting from monday ( I do work saturday)

and i would be willing to hand back 2.5 days of holiday ,



but what would be the best way of approaching this since it is extremly short notice

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no automatic right to time off work. Your employer will have an "Other time off" procedure that deals with such things as urgent domestic distress, bereavement, emergency child care etc


The only sure way is if you have been designated an official carer and the person has a disability covered under the Equality Act 2010

Link to post
Share on other sites

o he does he suffers from copd so can only move about 10 to 20 feet from bed to louge and thats it as he has infection in his lungs atm as well . Not forgetting he cannot get to the bathroom so he has to use a commond and container .i did have a meeting with them over career issues a few month ago his

Link to post
Share on other sites

Then if you have been designated his official carer and nobody else you can request resonable time off to care. It is called disability by association and it will be regarded as though you have the disability. If you are a postman contact the CWU and get the equality rep to handle it on your behalf

Link to post
Share on other sites

or, you could pay for a carer to come in while you are at work. Emergency leave is usually to arrange the care, not do the caring.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...

i have had a lot of time off due to prolapsed disks in the lower back

since then it has been sorted ,



subsequently i have have had time off for a shoulder injury and tendon injury that are being controlled due to medication

however due to the amount of time off i was put on consideration for dismissal

which i dodged since i am a reliable and very good worker (his words not mine) .



fast forward to 6 months ago and i started getting severe pain the the knees and lower legs etc .

saw a GP and they refered me to physiotheropy which i had to wait meanwhile i had tapped out the pain killers and anti inflammatries .


Fast forward to 2 weeks ago and after a very bad night sleeping etc and had top take the day off to get a appointment on the day this GP (not my regular one )

gave me a amended duties note stating the problem which is the more walking i do the more inflammed the joints become later in the day .

had a return to work meeting with the manager and one of the first things he said you will not dodge another consideration for dismissal ,

and there is not the hours inside for you to work there needless to say he has allowed me inside but my ameneded duties note stops in 2 weeks .


I see my gp today to get a orthopaedic referal to a specilist since he cant do anything with it ,

as you most people know referals take a long time last person who had a referral it took 4 months

i woudl be looking at 6 months monimun of ameded duties and im a realist i cannot see the company agreeing to that ,

i would go off sick and then trigger the consideration for dismaissal and then what happens next


Because also i an at the aged that you find it difficauolt to find another job also due to my illnesses etc

i canot see a company emplying me for a physical job , too much of a risk

Link to post
Share on other sites

here's the question that matters: are you able to do the job you are employed to do? Your employer is a business and needs workers to work. If you cannot then harsh as it is, they need you to make room for someone who can.


If you are not, are you able to do ANY job now? clearly, as you are on amended duties. This tells us you are not a candidiate for ill health retiral.


I would

a) investigate benefits you may be entitled to and

b) get that CV dusted off and look for a desk job


If you are a memeber of the union have a chat too, they may have a view on amended duties and other units that have vacancies suitable for you

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I ams am a realist as well I know at the end of the day if I cannot do my job they will get rid of me ,

however at the moment we are unable to say whether I would be able to return to normal duties due to the fact we are waiting for the specialist appointment ,



yes I cannot afford to go private or other wise I would to speeded the process up .



the only one that they can offer at the moment its a considerable car journey which would add around a hour+ to my journey time . Iwill have to see what happens I think

Edited by postmn
additional information
Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you aware of the NHS chose and book system? Many people are not.

Within the system there will, in fact, be referrals to private hospitals under NHS terms

- and as a rule private hospitals get to see you much quicker.



Around my area, for example, major surgery that takes a year to get in the NHS hospitals is done and dusted in the local private hospital in about four months! Many GPs and CCGs do not promote choose and book, but it is your right. You are entitled to attend any specialist or hospital registered on the scheme, anywhere in the country.


I would also point out that your legal right is to START consultant led treatment within 18 weeks of a referral. If this does not happen then there are ways to enforce treatment starting which can include private treatment.


Oddly, although all this information is on the internet, it can be difficult to find if you don't know to look for it!

Link to post
Share on other sites

are you in a company pension scheme?

Many have rules concering ill-health retirement so if you are you need to get a copy of the rules and ask about whether you fit into the early retirement criteria.



Most schmes now say you must be permanently incapable of doing ANY work but some refer to being incapable fo doing your job or offer a part pension based upon the percentage of duties you can no longer do.



If the scheme is unclear on this you can ask the Pensions Advisory service to offer an opinion on the wording.

Mkae sure that your employer is aware that you would wish to consider this optino if it is there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

I have for the past 2 weeks been trying to get hold of my sick record since I have been told I have used up all my sick days the company will pay for ,


If I do SAR my company I think it is a case of using a sledgehammer to crack a nut .


Its because my sick pay works on A 4 year rolling cycle and I need to know all the dates

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been on long term sick waiting for a operation since I am unable to do my complete job .

I was on very powerful painkillers .


Fast forward to last Tuesday and I get a phone call from my line manager saying you will be on SSP from Monday ,

Is it possible you can get to work on limited duties .

This is what I wanted them to say



I went to the GP and she agreed apart from some restrictions .

phoned up work and told them on Thursday



he said I will have to talk to Hr to sort it out

come Monday NO answer



again I have to call

what has happened is his boss has said he does not want me back until after the operation since I would be coming back and then going off .

Biggest problem is I am out of sick days and I do not believe they spoke to occupational Health at all and just made the decision


I cannot survive on £80 week for the next 2 months which is the best possible return to work after the op in mid oct

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, who have you asked, and do you not have copies of your doctors lines etc? and SSP from pay slips.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Link to post
Share on other sites

several related threads merged for complete history




please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
well I do have the option of raising a grevience which I think I will have to do


Why do that before you have WRITTEN to HR?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Link to post
Share on other sites
quite simply hr would take there merry time over it where as if I raise a grievous there is a very strict timetable


When your coat is already on a shoogly peg, there's no point tugging the peg to see if it falls out.


You should have all of these records yourself.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...