Driveway Parked In-Front Of

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI,

I've been happily living in my new house (since march last year - 2015) and at first my neighbours kids (now in their 2-s 30s) parked their cars covering about 1/3 my driveway.

At first I didn't mind, but now I have a car, it bothers me as my visitors can't park in my drive at all.

I've spoken to them and written them a note and left it under their wiper (friendly note)...

I've called the council for advice and they advised that I call the police for "anti social" behaviour.

Which way can I go (or should I?).. The council told me:

"As there are no double yellow lines, they can park there"... Which I guess means they can park across my entire drive. (can they?)

Some help should eb handy!

Cheers,

Ade

Is the pavement fronting your driveway recessed/sloping to allow proper access with a car? Or is it normal raised curb stones

I was always told you are not allowed to park over a dropped kerb at all. This is enforced by police. Give the police a call as it is classed as an obstruction especially if you have to leave the house for an emergency.

My neighbour kicked off when I parked my car 1 inch over his dropped kerb and he kicked off at me as he said he wanted to park on his drive (which he had dug out by 2ft) and I had to move my car. Police arrived and my car had to move, neighbour then promptly parked in front of his house.

I've got the last laugh as I now have a drive and neighbour just parks outside his house.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

The place I have just sold is a house converted into 2 flats, 1 up 1 down. Mine, the ground floor has the garage, upstairs has a driveway next to my garage. Both have dropped kerbs.

From the front it still looks like 1 house with a garage and driveway so at first I could sort of understand people parking across 1 or the other.

10 years I've been here...

At first I'd leave a polite note on an offending car asking them not to block my garage. This lead to a more sterner note when the first kept being ignored.

Then it started. The constant arguing. I'd go and ask someone to move their car only to be hurled abuse at.

I've called the traffic wardens each time and sometimes they get round to me and issue a fine. Majority of the time the don't.

There's absolutely nothing you can do about it. The police won't do anything unless your car is actually in your garage and the car is blocking your access to get out!

It's ludicrous

To top it off... my road is part permit parking. the shop keepers at the end of my road are allowed permits because they have a business. I live here yet am not allowed a permit because I own a garage. A garage I cannot park across or get into because the shop keepers park there!

The world has gone mad

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.