• Tweets

• Items for sale include five rare Ferraris and a pair of Air Jordan sneakers signed by Michael Jordan.View the full article
    • TECHZONE BUXTON LTD overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK TECHZONE BUXTON LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual... thread title updated. dx
    • next time dont upload 19 single page pdfs use the sites listed on upload to merge them into one multipage pdf.. we aint got all day to download load single page files 2024-01-15 DBCLegal SAR.pdf
    • If you have not kept the original PCN you can always send an SAR to Excel and they have to send you all the info they have on you within a month. failure to do so can lead to you being able to sue them for their failure.......................................nice irony.
    • Thank you and well done  for posting up all those notices it must have have taken you ages.. The entrance sign is very helpful since the headline states                    FREE PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY in capitals with not time limit mentioned. Underneath and not in capitals they then give the actual times of parking which would not be possible to read when driving into the car park unless you actually stopped and read them. Very unlikely especially arriving at 5.30 pm with possibly other cars behind. On top of that the Notice goes on to say that the terms and conditions are inside the car park so the entrance sign cannot offer a contract it is merely an offer to treat. Inside the car park the signs are mostly too high up and the font size too small to be able to read much of their signs. DCBL have not shown a single sign that can be read on their SAR. Although as they show photographs which were taken the year after your alleged breach we do not know what the signs were when you were there. For instance the new signs showed the charge was then £100 whereas your PCN was for £85. Who knows, when you were there perhaps the time was for 3 hours. They were asked to produce  planning permission which would have been necessary for the ANPR cameras alone and didn't do so. Nor did they provide a copy of the contract-DCBL  "deeming them disproportionate or not relevant to the substantive issues in the dispute" How arrogant and untruthful is that? The contract and planning permission could be vital to having the claim thrown out. I can find no trace of planning permission for the signs nor the cameras on Tonbridge Council planning portal. and the contract of course is highly relevant since some contracts advise the parking rouges that they cannot take motorists to Court. I understand that Europarks are now running that car park which means that nexus didn't  last long before being thrown out.....................................
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2691 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Stop putting yourself down Barry:-D:-D:-D

Your areas of skill, knowledge and expertise, far outweigh any negatives that you have experienced in life.

Bazza (or Dave, apparently), please.

Yes, I do view my areas of skill, knowledge and expertise as making up for those areas I don't claim to be skillful in.

I've met a few people I'd class as polymaths, but most of us have to accept we have areas of strength and areas of weakness.

The key is in having insight into them, maximising your strengths and seeking help for the areas you are less strong in.

With 2 struck out claims (and no reports of success), would you classify "civil litigation" as an area of strength for you?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bazza (or Dave, apparently), please.

Yes, I do view my areas of skill, knowledge and expertise as making up for those areas I don't claim to be skillful in.

I've met a few people I'd class as polymaths, but most of us have to accept we have areas of strength and areas of weakness.

The key is in having insight into them, maximising your strengths and seeking help for the areas you are less strong in.

With 2 struck out claims (and no reports of success), would you classify "civil litigation" as an area of strength for you?

But having two claims struck and base on how or how they were achieved, one for not receiving notification, the other based on a perversion of facts, if after taking on board both facts, it has nothing to do not have any strength as to litigate a case, quite the reverse, unless you want me to be held accountable for the actions of others.

The facts were there, and will always be there for me to have a jolly good chance of winning, if the solicitors and the courts want to scatter to conceal that evidence, as i have correctly pointed out, yday hearing and the judgement had already been made, before i entered that court, it was fairly obvious, we all knew that, including you.:roll:

So, bearing in mind how I have spoken to you, you'll stop helping?.

Too true. You certainly haven't helped people to give you better advice by your refusal to answer (relevant) questions, and you certainly haven't seemed to help yourself overall.

That is 2 claims (PI against the council, the negligence claim against the solicitor) you've had struck out now.

You might (at the start of the process) have had a faint possibility of a successful claim against the solicitor, if carefully pleaded and case undertaken with care, whilst following the CPR. It's difficult to be certain though, with the rambling irrelevancies you reply with, and your presentation of defeat as some sort of victory.

Yes you were right in your prediction the case was going to be struck out. I'm just not sure being self-celebratory about it shows insight: due to the way you have presented yourself in the thread, it was the likely result (of a self-fulfilling prophesy!).

You might (for example) have sought disclosure of the contract / retainer details (that you apparently) so desperately seek under CPR 31.16 before you started proceeding - but you instead jumped in with a shambolic PofC, which got struck out.

As for:

I'm not sure how making an application that wasn't ruled on, and won't be ruled on as the case was struck out counts as a "master stroke" - but that will probably be just another area we disagree on,

It was ruled on, and dismissed, the reason-s, because of the reasons giving to strike out.

This however, after i politely reminded the judge that he was going to deal with my application, which i reminded him that he said he would deal with the application, which he duly obliged and gave reasons for dismissing.

So that now takes it up to four applications that i have made which have either been ignored or dismissed, a quite remarkable achievement when you consider the courts jumped through hoops to accommodate the other-sides one application, and just like magic, its successful........

Just looking at the Draft Order for directions, which was agreed by the High Court, as proposed by the Defendants, for a less senior Court/Judge to consider, the claim.

Can someone please explain why my propose directions were not considered?, but the Defendants were accepted.

Just looking at the Draft Order for directions, which was agreed by the High Court, as proposed by the Defendants, for a less senior Court/Judge to consider, the claim.

Can someone please explain why my propose directions were not considered?, but the Defendants were accepted.

They most likely were considered but maybe the Judge looking at them simply preferred the Defendant's version. The purpose of directions is case management and the Judge might consider one of the proposals, a mix of both or neither - whichever best manages the case...

They most likely were considered but maybe the Judge looking at them simply preferred the Defendant's version. The purpose of directions is case management and the Judge might consider one of the proposals, a mix of both or neither - whichever best manages the case...

Absolutely!

"Didn't get his way" doesn't mean "submission made wasn't considered".

We don't know the relative case loads between the county court & high court, and the OP hasn't told us the basis on which his submission that this should be heard in the High Court was made.

From value alone it could have been heard in either. If the other side made persuasive submissions and the OP didn't : not surprising it went to the County Court.

(In the same way they got a strike out : it doesn't mean the court had made its mind up in advance - it could reflect they had a strong argument, well presented, and you had (at best) a debatable case, which (based on your presentation of postings in this thread) could have been presented in an illogical and rambling manner with an inherent misunderstanding / misapplication of the law)

Absolutely!

"Didn't get his way" doesn't mean "submission made wasn't considered".

We don't know the relative case loads between the county court & high court, and the OP hasn't told us the basis on which his submission that this should be heard in the High Court was made.

From value alone it could have been heard in either. If the other side made persuasive submissions and the OP didn't : not surprising it went to the County Court.

(In the same way they got a strike out : it doesn't mean the court had made its mind up in advance - it could reflect they had a strong argument, well presented, and you had (at best) a debatable case, which (based on your presentation of postings in this thread) could have been presented in an illogical and rambling manner with an inherent misunderstanding / misapplication of the law)

I don't know even know what the value is, I got from page 1 to 12 of this thread and it all started blurring into one...

I don't know even know what the value is, I got from page 1 to 12 of this thread and it all started blurring into one...

The OP never defined it clearly, but when forced to (by the court papers) said "more than £25k", but didn't say "more than 50k".

The OP did later say he would just submit a new claim for breach of contract (the contract he is vociferously arguing never existed!?!) and put a figure of loss claimed such that it would be heard in the High Court ..... but he then listened to the advice that that would be plain foolish....

It was ruled on, and dismissed, the reason-s, because of the reasons giving to strike out.

This however, after i politely reminded the judge that he was going to deal with my application, which i reminded him that he said he would deal with the application, which he duly obliged and gave reasons for dismissing.

So that now takes it up to four applications that i have made which have either been ignored or dismissed, a quite remarkable achievement when you consider the courts jumped through hoops to accommodate the other-sides one application, and just like magic, its successful........

Maybe they choose their applications with care, formulate them carefully, follow the CPR, and are just generally more persuasive?

But hang on : the application was heard and dismissed?

Just as well i got the application in before the claim was struck out, a master stroke:lol:

Icing on the cake.

Getting an application heard and dismissed is 'some sort of victory', "a master stroke" and "Icing on the cake"?

That is on a par with "the war situation has developed not necessarily to Japan's advantage"!

https://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/hirohito.htm

Blimey, how bad does it have to get before you don't see it as a victory / that you aren't the world's greatest litigator??

OK thanks for that,, appreciated.

The same High Court judge, and after considering my POC and the defence, stated that the case was suitable for multi-track.

What is striking is that a Master of the High Court having considered the POC and the defence clearly saw a different case to by far a less qualified judge who knew better.

Maybe they choose their applications with care, formulate them carefully, follow the CPR, and are just generally more persuasive?

But hang on : the application was heard and dismissed?

Getting an application heard and dismissed is 'some sort of victory', "a master stroke" and "Icing on the cake"?

Blimey, how bad does it have to get before you don't see it as a victory / that you aren't the world's greatest litigator??

And you most certainly are nowhere near that level either, don't give up the day job.???

The fact that that court/judge dismissed my application for the other-side to proof the contract just adds to all the evidence now stacking up, their barristers face when the order was to be considered, he went the colours of the rainbow.:lol:

The same High Court judge, and after considering my POC and the defence, stated that the case was suitable for multi-track.

What is striking is that a Master of the High Court having considered the POC and the defence clearly saw a different case to by far a less qualified judge who knew better.

Which High Court judge?

A Master of the High Court isn't the same as "A High Court judge", so your case may never have been seen by a High Court judge, only a Master.

The Masters deal with administrative issues, not the actual trial of a case in the High Court. Unless an application for summary judgment was made, the Master would have had to consider only where to allocate it, how do you know they considered the merits of the case in any detail?

The reason and the pleading used to shift the case, was based on where both parties live, very odd.

You can't help which Judge you get, that's the way it works for us all. But just because a Judge is less qualified doesn't necessarily make their decisions wrong.

The reason and the pleading used to shift the case, was based on where both parties live, very odd.

That (due to the costs implications) is indeed one of the factors considered.

However, you don't actually know the rationale for the decision : you've picked up on one possible factor. There may have been others.

I asked you on this thread what reasons you felt there were that it should have stayed in the High Court : you couldn't give a logical, reasoned answer. If you did the same in your input to the directions process - no wonder the other side got their way.

The fact that that court/judge dismissed my application for the other-side to proof the contract just adds to all the evidence now stacking up, their barristers face when the order was to be considered, he went the colours of the rainbow.:lol:

How was their face a few moments later when your application was dismissed?

How was it when your claim was struck out?

Again, you are claiming "victory" when you have suffered a loss ....

Which High Court judge?

A Master of the High Court isn't the same as "A High Court judge", so your case may never have been seen by a High Court judge, only a Master.

The Masters deal with administrative issues, not the actual trial of a case in the High Court. Unless an application for summary judgment was made, the Master would have had to consider only where to allocate it, how do you know they considered the merits of the case in any detail?

So what you are saying is that a Master would never consider a case for professional negligence, they just allocate the case.

He did, multi track, after considering the merits of the case.

In fact, he could have thrown the claim out, but evidently saw a different case as to the district judge, yday, no suprises there.

That (due to the costs implications) is indeed one of the factors considered.

However, you don't actually know the rationale for the decision : you've picked up on one possible factor. There may have been others.

I asked you on this thread what reasons you felt there were that it should have stayed in the High Court : you couldn't give a logical, reasoned answer. If you did the same in your input to the directions process - no wonder the other side got their way.

Let me ask you a question, requesting a case being moved because the two parties share the same post-code, i would call that a lottery, and most certainly not in the interest of justice.

Why should have stayed in the High Court, because it was a complex case where all the evidence should have been considered, add to that fraud, the case was to big for that judge yday, he was out of his depth, and technically conducted a full trial based on evidence only he considered relevant, one side.

I would have thought if a judge suspected one party to be in the slightest bit swayed to tell the court a pack of lies, making sure there contract was in order would have been top of his list, this one was told there was no proof of funding, made no difference, his mind was made up, anotherone who abused that little bit of power that they strive half their lifes trying to get.

How was their face a few moments later when your application was dismissed?

How was it when your claim was struck out?

Again, you are claiming "victory" when you have suffered a loss ....

Who is claiming victory, i have not suffered a loss at all, quite the reverse.

The other-side have now played all their cards, and took all those risks, this time, in court.

Again, you have mis-read, the barrister went the colours of the rainbow when he knew the application was to be considered, and not after it was consider, do keep up.

Why should have stayed in the High Court, because it was a complex case where all the evidence should have been considered, add to that fraud, the case was to big for that judge yday, he was out of his depth, and technically conducted a full trial based on evidence only he considered relevant, one side.

I would have thought if a judge suspected one party to be in the slightest bit swayed to tell the court a pack of lies, making sure there contract was in order would have been top of his list, this one was told there was no proof of funding, made no difference, his mind was made up, anotherone who abused that little bit of power that they strive half their lifes trying to get.

Were the issues that complex though?

From what I read, the solicitors were instructed on a housing repair matter, you asked them to reserve your position to make a connected PI claim. Unclear whether or not they did this, but either way, the limitation period for the PI claim was missed hence your allegation of professional negligence. They are disputing they were negligent in not issuing the PI claim by saying they weren't instructed to do that.

Am I oversimplifying?

The fraud allegation was baffling tbh...

From what I read, the solicitors were instructed on a housing repair matter, you asked them to reserve your position to make a connected PI claim. Unclear whether or not they did this, but either way, the limitation period for the PI claim was missed hence your allegation of professional negligence. They are disputing they were negligent in not issuing the PI claim by saying they weren't instructed to do that.

By the way if this is right, I would have been tempted (depending how out of time you were) to find solicitors prepared to issue the PI claim out of time and apply to exclude the limitation period under s33 Limitation Act. Easier to have the limitation argument at Court against the Council, rather than the professional negligence argument at Court against your solicitors/their insurers.

I know, hindsight is a wonderful thing...

So what you are saying is that a Master would never consider a case for professional negligence, they just allocate the case.

He did, multi track, after considering the merits of the case.

In fact, he could have thrown the claim out, but evidently saw a different case as to the district judge, yday, no suprises there.

"Could have thrown the case out" doesn't mean they even considered the issue. You don't actually know (given there was no CPR 24.2 application) whether it was considered by them, or allocated without them considering its merits in any detail.

By the way if this is right, I would have been tempted (depending how out of time you were) to find solicitors prepared to issue the PI claim out of time and apply to exclude the limitation period under s33 Limitation Act. Easier to have the limitation argument at Court against the Council, rather than the professional negligence argument at Court against your solicitors/their insurers.

I know, hindsight is a wonderful thing...

He wasn't just out of time.

Callum had issued the PI claim against the council in time (before this form of solicitors was involved). It had been struck out and the strike out hadn't been appealed.......

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2691 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks