Robbersway/hoist/now lowells - blindly paying £1PCM since 2007 OH's Egg card ***Write off no CCA***

WormHasTurned
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Partner’s Egg card taken out probably about 2000, defaulted in 2006 (default notice received) and paying DCA £1 per month since 2007 into their bank account with a reference number, every month, without fail. Initially got letters confirming payment but these stopped coming in 2008.

In 2011 got two standard letters from from Barclaycard that they had taken over the Egg Card, and their terms and conditions. Then nothing further from Barclaycard.

Now you are probably wondering why are they still paying the £1 per month if no-one has been contacting them. They are actually too frightened to stop incase that sets off some sort of alert and starts the debt being chased again by somebody.

So this week there are two phone calls from the DCA, only identified themselves by first name, company initials and asking for Partner to call back. On the second time I politely asked them to write if it was important.

So this is how it stands now, waiting to see if a letter comes, and what it might say.

But just wondering how this might pan out.

My gut feeling is that they possibly have not had responsibility for collecting the debt since the letters stopped. I only recently found out people should receive a statement at least annually which hasn’t been happening. (perhaps they will write to ask the payments to stop :-))

Have never asked for a CCA, or done a SAR on this account. Again, not wanting to stir things while it is all quiet.

Not sure what to do.

Any helpful observations / suggestions?

Thank you

CCA is a must.

STOP paying is also a must.

And check credit files ASAP!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

They were happy to accept the £1.00 a month because it kept the debt alive. Had your partner ceased payments, chances are they might have forgotten about them and the debt would be statute barred by now.

What is the outstanding balance now ?

We seem to be hearing about of Lowell claims just recently - because the Bankruptcy threshold has been increased, then for these smaller debts, they can no longer issue Statutory Demands (precursor to BR proceedings). What they are doing is issuing a small claim through the Money Online process.

I guess you can wait and see if they write - then take it from there. Although if this were me, I would be sending at the very least a Subject Access Request to Barclayshark - this will take up to 40 calendar days and should give you an idea of what they have should a claim be issued.

If a Default Notice was issued by BC then this should no longer be reported on your patner's credit report.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

is this the one that egg took you to court over and wanted a CO?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

is this the one that egg took you to court over and wanted a CO?

No that was my Egg Card which I stopped paying when the court case was stayed. This one is my partners.

( Sorry, that makes us sound like an awful couple, but we were having great financial difficulties at that time.)

You would send the Subject Access Request to the company who owned the debt prior to it being assigned to Lowells.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Actually the DCA isn't Lowell's, (it didn't mention the name). Egg owned it before it went to the DCA, but during the time we understood it to be with the DCA Barclaycard took over the Egg account. If I SAR Egg, would they only have details until it went to Barclays?

Thank you

Actually the DCA isn't Lowell's, (it didn't mention the name). Egg owned it before it went to the DCA, but during the time we understood it to be with the DCA Barclaycard took over the Egg account. If I SAR Egg, would they only have details until it went to Barclays?

Thank you

Sorry, at the moment that is who we are hearing most of.. I just assumed it was them.

Yes, Egg would only have the details until it went to B/shark. Quite possibly there might not be a copy of the agreement as well.. if you are lucky ?

BCOBS

As said above, a CCA request to the current creditor is a must.

The £1 payments mean the a/c's are current and not Statute Barred but you should check your CRA files to ensure they are not showing (due to the time since they were defaulted).

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 8 years later...

Well it took a while - and it has been around the houses - Robinson Way - Hoist - and most recently Lowells.

And each time a CCA request has been sent with nothing received.  

Now finally Lowells has confirmed there is no paperwork and confirmed the balance of the account is £0.

Result.  

• Thanks 1

FWIW: robbersway were another trading name of Hoist UK. 

Hoist uk were bought out by lowells recently hence the various fleecers but all the same lot just diff names!

you won!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• AndyOrch changed the title to Robbersway/hoist/now lowells - blindly paying £1PCM since 2007 OH's Egg card ***Write off no CCA***