Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

4 Neutral

About WormHasTurned

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. FINALLY THE RESULT!! - Several months after sending the statute barred letter, and with many holding replies .."please note we have not yet received a response from the original creditor.." Today they write "We acknowledge your recent communication and write to inform you that the account to which you were referring is now closed on our files" Amount due £0.00. They also gave me "for future reference" their client details. Their client is at the same address (before you ask - Robinson Way and HPH LTD) Let's hope this is the final result for this thread.
  2. I've got no issues with the Tomlin agreement or the amount/rate I am paying back. It was a good outcome for me.
  3. CL Finance sold it on. Their letter stated ""has assigned all the rights, obligations and rights associated with this account to Hoist Portfolio Holdings Ltd to whom all monies are now due"
  4. I've actually put the whole question in the title. I am repaying a debt which went to court mediation and I signed a Tomlin agreement. Over a year later the DCA sold it to another DCA. For about a year the new DCA accepted my payments but are now writing/ attempting to phone/ wanting me to phone them, and saying there is not an agreement in place. I have written a letter of complaint, and am waiting their reply. But what is the LEGAL situation of my Tomlin agreement and the new DCA? Thank you
  5. Well, wouldn't you just know it - .. another letter just received about this from another DCA regarding Egg. Let me see - it's just over 6 years since my last post. "We have been notified of recent activity on your credit file, which suggests that you are now making positive steps to resolve your financial situation. Your account with us does however remain unpaid. We want to help you to get this resolved and we would like you to pay this account at an affordable amount" ..... etc So what should be my best course of action? Statute barred? Ignore? Account in
  6. Gosh, thank you Mods for finding and merging the old thread. I'd forgotten about it. Time to get this one sorted.
  7. I am repaying Barclaycard through a non-fee charging DMP. On checking my credit record the account is listed as Not Defaulted, worst status "6", currently "AP", and report until 6 years after account closure. I have just found the default notice I was sent by Mercers in July 2008 "Default Notice served under section 87(i) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974". I was not able to pay the amount required by the default notice, and the Barclaycard statements after that show I made £1 monthly payments for a while. I feel I ought to complain to Barclaycard that they didn't report the default
  8. Actually the DCA isn't Lowell's, (it didn't mention the name). Egg owned it before it went to the DCA, but during the time we understood it to be with the DCA Barclaycard took over the Egg account. If I SAR Egg, would they only have details until it went to Barclays? Thank you
  9. No that was my Egg Card which I stopped paying when the court case was stayed. This one is my partners. ( Sorry, that makes us sound like an awful couple, but we were having great financial difficulties at that time.)
  10. The Default notice was issued by Egg. Would the SAR need to go to Egg, or Barclays? Balance about £11,000 Thank you
  11. Partner’s Egg card taken out probably about 2000, defaulted in 2006 (default notice received) and paying DCA £1 per month since 2007 into their bank account with a reference number, every month, without fail. Initially got letters confirming payment but these stopped coming in 2008. In 2011 got two standard letters from from Barclaycard that they had taken over the Egg Card, and their terms and conditions. Then nothing further from Barclaycard. Now you are probably wondering why are they still paying the £1 per month if no-one has been contacting them. They are actually too
  12. Hello I have a payday loan of under £300 through Safeloans which I have been paying off for over 2 years now. They issued a court claim, I put in a defence, it was ajourned with liberty to resume and I have been repaying a fixad amount. I am now nearing having repaid twice the amount borrowed. They still want more than another £200 from me. I would like to offer a token full and final settlement amount to end this. My question is, if they took it back to court, legally can they still ask for the amount they want
  13. Well you could knock me over with a feather - I've just obtained an Equifax report and credit score as I figured it was time to knuckle down and try to improve my rating and they have me at 968 which they say is excellent. I've been getting the free Noddle report for a while which has always had me as 1 out of 5 and someone who would have difficulty getting credit. I'm not looking for credit right now. I am in a debt management plan, but need to plan for life after this ends. I genuinely thought I would be at the bottom of a credit score, so just don't get it. (I'm not comp
  • Create New...