Link Financial for a BC debt

mikeymack2002
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3617 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys having some strange behaviour by Link Financial for a BC debt that is 3 years old.

the time line is as follows

Default issued by BC 2011

NOA issued by BC 2013

Link financial now are the renta cop, I am helping a friend with this and know the rules, so I gathered all of the paperwork and delved in to this debt, not much paperwork tbh.

Next stage was to send CCA off to Link.

Link return Po as incorrectly filed out, (was to BC)

CCA was addressed to BC in a separate letter

link say they will not send off CCA or PO to BC

Link are acting obo of a different DCA called IDS I think (off the top of my head)

Since BC state I must correspond with their agents in all matters I Will wait till Link send me back the PO and re-issue it to BC and start the 12 day clock again Unless the original time continues from my failed CCA request.

The debt from BC is full of charges and a is CC debt.

I have requested the CCA to see if they have a copy then take it from there.

Once the CCA is back then I will be doing a SAR to get the statements to reclaim.

So the advice is can the DCA refuse to forward on the CCA request and wil the time clock be restarted

Thx MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

No they cannot, the CCA request is simple, either furnish the document yourselves or forward on the request to the people who have the document.

Since you sent the request and appropriate payment to BC, then there is nothing else for you to do, assuming that you have a proof of posting and/or delivery, then the clock is ticking and they will be in default after the original 12 days.

No need to send a further CCA request

I know that lol but Link have sent the PO back to me saying that it is filled out incorrectly. It was made payable to BC and as was the CCA request. But was addressed to Link as per BC request. So as far as I am concerned this will then fall in to the bracket of a failed CCA request.

Please correct me if I have misread the rules?!

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Don't listen to either link or barclays... A CCA request always goes to the DCA. You make it payable to them and put on the back *Statutory Payment* only...

You can SAR barclays for the statements bet there is loads of charges on there!

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

PO was filled out correctly so no worries there, it will now be filed in the debt folder.

I will wait a week or two before sending a SAR to BC. Yes there are a massive amount of charges

Whoa slow down horsey.... This is a waiting game. They decided to mess about then in all honesty tit for tat...

Yes it would be handy atm to have the documents but that comes later. . 1st poet if call is to see if they have the agreement and related documents. Or even if it is enforceable. ..

Once the CCA has been fulfilled I will need to spend some time reading the T&C's if they have them.... Once that is done I will then send out the SAN to get the rest of the information. ..

Nothing wrong to with a SAR to barclays now... Get the info... By doing this you don't acknowledge the debt in anyway.

If you go to claim charges etc... TThat's when it gets tricky.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I would agree, no reason to delay sending the sar

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

yes esp where discounts letters have been received.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just to add, link post the PO back because they use it as a stalling tactic. They know what they need to do but rely on peoples lack of knowledge of their rights to threaten or intimidate them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The PO is on its way to BC and link as they are just an interested 3rd party can go shovel **it as far as I am concerned, Once the DSAR is back they will be informed that I will need at least 60 days to go through all of the data as the account was taken out several years ago.

There will be some pretty formidable charges to reclaim and need to get it right lol