Bought item from a person on ebay

saragodia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I am really in a difficult situation.

Yesterday I saw a laptop on ebay and I decided to contact the seller for any acceptable offers.

Being a student, I wanted a good deal.

The seller said he would give me the laptop for 990 which was pretty good deal for laptop

that would last me at least 5 years throughout my whole phd course.

However I had to transfer the money into his bank account.

I didn't have all 990 in my bank as I had some in paypal account.

I transfered 500 to his bank account and remaining via paypal.

But later the seller advised me that he was going to wait for the paypal payment to go into his bank account

which takes 7 working days normally.

This is not something I have ever encountered before.

I usually make the payment via paypal and my items are sent straight away.

I do not have the sellers address or any details as the ebay listing didn't contain them.

I only have his mobile number, bank account No, paypal address and email address.

Being a student and already living under tight circumstances.

It took me 18 months to save that money for the laptop.

I am really worried that what it is some sort of doggy guy.

I have spoken to the seller over the phone and he seems very persistent sales guy

who is really good at persuading others and putting the blame on others.

Please can someone advice what I can do if something does go wrong?

millions of thanks in advance

inform your bank and paypal..

paypal transfers are almost instant

so are bank transfers

there is no 'clearing period' as such.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, thanks. That's what I thought when he said about payment being cleared. But he's actually saying that he meant that he would wait for the payment to go to his bank account from paypal (he's confirmed that he's received paypal payment). This basically takes 7 working days.

Paypal transfer to Bank accounts are now instant and sent through faster payments.

It actually states when making the transfer funds should be available within 2 hours but in 50+ transfers I have made

its always been straight away.

You should have made the purchase through EBay as now its a private sale with no protection.

I would contact the seller and ask for delivery confirmation and if he still claims a waiting period I would then make a chargeback

on paypal and my bank (although the bank may be a problem since you made a bank transfer) but then that would be a matter for the police.

Hope that the guy is genuine and you get what you bought.

Word of advise never deal outside EBay unless in person and your getting the goods there and then and can check them out to your satisfaction,

even then you have no cover if anything goes wrong with the item.

George

No chargeback on bank transfer- if you dont get your computer you have to sue and the chances of getting anywhere that way is slim as you dont know who the seller is or whether the computer even exists.

from what the seller says you have been stitched up I'm afraid. Ebay wont help so you will need to go to the police and they will tell you to log it via actionfraud website, which does very little to solve crime but collects statistical data. I hope that things work out for you but it is not very promising.

• 2 weeks later...

Saragodia - did you manage to resolve this issue? (I had exactly the same thing happen this time last year - I stupidly transferred £300 for a laptop that never arrived, as did a few other unfortunates that week) - was the guy from Wales by any chance? what was his ebay username?-

Saragodia - did you manage to resolve this issue? (I had exactly the same thing happen this time last year - I stupidly transferred £300 for a laptop that never arrived, as did a few other unfortunates that week) - was the guy from Wales by any chance? what was his ebay username?-

you need to start your own thread

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi this link from which may be useful read the paypal and chargeback section: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/how-do-i-use-chargeback/

It also gives a warning if you use a debit or credit card to LOAD money into your paypal account

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

why do you need to post them privately

this is an open forum.

dx

and they

why do you need to post them privately

this is an open forum.

dx

When I came across saragodia's original post yesterday I felt there was a small possibility we hadfallen victim to the same individual. I registered with this forum in the hope of making contact, either directly or indirectly, with saragodia in order that we might share information which could be of use to the police. What I didn't expect, was the Spanish inquisition. May I go now?