Amazon/UPS/HSBC - Hub Reported Damaged £1749 iphone i never opened- Amazon issued label - sent back - lost by UPS - HSBC refusing Chargeback

Mel.milo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning,

I ordered an iphone of amazon, this was a collection from the hub collection. When the phone was dispatched, the tracking had said it was damaged and it would need to be returned to the station. I called amazon as i was confused and it said delivered, they told me i had two options, either i could wait 7 - 10 days for them to pick it up + processing times to get my refund or i could pick it up and return it myself using prepaid label they provided which would be quicker. I opted for the second option, UPS lost the iphone according to tracking number. Amazon refused to help me, so i opened up a chargeback with HSBC. HSBC sided with the merchant saying it had be delivered however the higher team disputes have asked me for more evidence to counter amazons argument. I am wondering if they are breaching any laws etc as i know in EU there is a law for Prepaid labels and how its the merchants responsibility. I can't afford to be out of 1749 and no product. This is a complete joke 

Morning,

I ordered an iphone of amazon, this was a collection from the hub collection.

When the phone was dispatched, the tracking had said it was damaged and it would need to be returned to the station. I called amazon as i was confused and it said delivered, they told me i had two options, either i could wait 7 - 10 days for them to pick it up + processing times to get my refund or i could pick it up and return it myself using prepaid label they provided which would be quicker.

I opted for the second option, UPS lost the iphone according to tracking number.

Amazon refused to help me, so i opened up a chargeback with HSBC. HSBC sided with the merchant saying it had be delivered however the higher team disputes have asked me for more evidence to counter amazons argument.

I am wondering if they are breaching any laws etc as i know in EU there is a law for Prepaid labels and how its the merchants responsibility.

I can't afford to be out of 1749 and no product.

This is a complete joke 

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

Firstly, please notice that I have had to restructure your post. A solid block of text without spacing is very difficult for people to follow especially on a small screen.

It's not clear whether you actually received the phone.

Are you telling us that it cost you £1749?

some reading for you

@BankFodder Sorry, I am new here. 

I do not have the phone. I picked it up and returned it using the label amazon had provided me. I have an email from amazon stating the tracking number and when you review the tracking number you will see on UPS website it is lost in transit.

Yes this purchase was £1749, Amazon refuse to refund. HSBC had given me a credit but reversed it with Amazon's Evidence.

Have you seen the evidence provided by Amazon?

And also, I have just realised that you were told that it was damaged – but did you see that it was damaged?

Is the story that they sent you a phone which they then reported to you was damaged. You immediately returned it and then somehow or other it disappeared. Is this correct?

Was there any sign of damage to the packaging et cetera?

Did you open the box containing the phone?

No i didn't open the phone, It had been marked on the tracking as damaged.

Yes that is the story. Tracking number shows its lost.

The evidence they provided was that I had picked it up from the hub which they had told me to do so in order to return it 

Please see this as this explains it but I need more help in order to win this otherwise im out of 1.7k and a product

amazon.pdf

Please can you just put up a brief summary of what has happened and make sure you address my questions.

A bullet pointed chronology

@BankFodder i have done that on the pdf however.

- Ordered iphone from amazon

- Amazon dispatch

- day of delivery amazon say its damaged and will be returned

- i get an email saying its undeliverable

- i call amazon 

- they tell me i need to either wait or pick up and return with label they give

- i use the label and return it

- ups lose item / damaged

- amazon close case and ban me after opening dispute up hsbc

53 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

And also, I have just realised that you were told that it was damaged – but did you see that it was damaged?

Is the story that they sent you a phone which they then reported to you was damaged. You immediately returned it and then somehow or other it disappeared. Is this correct?

Was there any sign of damage to the packaging et cetera?

Did you open the box containing the phone?

Please will you address the questions I have put above

@BankFodder I have answered this before. 

No i did not see the damage, I did not open the box as i didn't want to be liable for anything e.g. swapping to the phones etc. I just left it with the seals on and returned it. 

Yes the story is i returned it with UPS label they provided. If you check the PDF it will say damaged and carton discarded.

No damage to the packaging I think

The box for the iphone no, the amazon box with the product yes. 

I don't think you did address those questions before – but apart from that standby for a reply later on today.

• dx100uk changed the title to Amazon/UPS/HSBC - Hub Reported Damaged £1749 iphone i never opened- Amazon issued label - sent back - lost by UPS - HSBC refusing Chargeback

Why is there a deadline tomorrow?

All you can say to your bank at the moment is that you have evidence that it was damaged before delivery and it shouldn't have been delivered.

Tell them that at all times you followed the instructions of Amazon and that you returned it using the same system. It is Amazon who is responsible and you are claiming your chargeback.

Remind the bank that it is you who is the client – not Amazon and that they are obliged take instructions from you and not from Amazon. Tell them that if they will not agree to the chargeback immediately that you are beginning a formal complaint. Do you want a reference number and that you want the matter to go to the ombudsman.

Tell them that in the event of a dispute with Amazon, the dispute is between yourself and Amazon and the bank has no business intervening regardless of any policies or industry standards.

Make sure that you stand your ground. Read our customer services guide closely.