Canvas Castle (USA online site) - 2 canvas print i dont like - they are saying tough luck - chargeback time?

Portoman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought two canvas prints from a company called Canvas Castle.

They arrived but I don't like how they have turned out and want to return; however they are being difficult.

Firstly they said they have some "all sales are final" line on their site (they do have this line but it does not actually detail what this means or entails) 

I replied saying their site also says "30 day money back guarantee"; t

o which they say that only replies to defective items,

but again, this is not detailed on their site. 

I don't think I am going to get anywhere with them at all,

I presuming I should try and get a chargeback via my bank on the transaction.

What justification would I need to give for the bank to proceed with this?

The company is in the U.S

Thanks

When you say "I don't like how they have turned out " what do you mean? Were these tailor-made or personalised items of some sort, made specifically for you and not a standard stock item?

Please give us a timeline. In particular  on what date did you place the order (I'm assuming it was online)?  And on what date did you tell them you wanted to return the prints? How did you tell them - by email?

Is this the company?   

WWW.CANVAS-CASTLE.COM

Canvas Castle creates beautiful canvas art that make your walls dance. We are the cheapest high-quality canvas company in the world, specializing in...

I just don't like how they have turned out

- which is subjective I know -

I don't think the reason matters as surely there is a right of return whatever the reason and a 14 day cooling off period for products bought online (I am still within this) -

my problem is the company is in the U.S. 

- all communication is by email 

13 hours ago, Portoman said:

I just don't like how they have turned out - which is subjective I know - , but I don't think the reason matters as surely there is a right of return whatever the reason and a 14 day cooling off period for products bought online (I am still within this) - but my problem is the company is in the U.S. 

That's why I was asking you about the timeline! 

The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 apply to any company selling to UK consumers online even if it is based in the USA. The problem of course is how to enforce the Regulations against a US company with no UK business presence. So in practice I would say a chargeback is the only realistic way of getting your money back. As a matter of interest how much money  are you trying to get back?

EDIT  "...they are saying their prints are made to order, which I don't really believe....".  Even if true is it irrelevant as that doesn't exclude them from your right to cancel and return. Goods are only excluded if they are "made to the consumer's specifications or are clearly personalised". Paragraph 28 (1) (b) of The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (legislation.gov.uk)     Make sure they know that you are exercising your right under this UK law. They may not care about UK law but it will help your chargeback request.

• dx100uk changed the title to Canvas Castle (USA online site) - 2 canvas print i dont like - they are saying tough luck - chargeback time?

yep doesn't matter where they are it's an online purchase and not custom made. you dont need a reason to return anything within 14 days of 'seeing' it. (old DSR rules now part of the consumer rights act)

their website will be obviously designed under USA consumer rules , sadly this is a big problem for across the pond as they dont have any consumer rights... we do...🤣

thread title updated

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if you paid debit card - cb

credit card - s75 + cb

I cant see section 75 having been advised here but it should work

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...