Sold Coat Via Vinted, Buyer says Damaged, Vinted say Refund, Returned Coat poss not one i sent!! - Swapped?? - want to raise court Claim But Who's the Defendant - Both?

sb1986

I have sold an item and buyer claimed that it was damaged on arrival.

I suspected a scam swap out for their old item but Vinted forced I accept the return.

I have taken comparison photos and the coat has been swapped out - no damage in my original photos and the label at the neck is stitched in a slightly different direction.

Vinted refuse to acknowledge the item returned is not the same one I sent out, first they said because I accepted the return there is nothing they can do.

When I challenged that I have messages from them forcing I accept the return or the buyer will be refunded and advise to compare the item when it was returned it has now switched to the packaging was not good enough and that caused the damage. 

I am proceeding to small claims, emailed them a letter before action giving 14 days - its the principle right now more than the money. 

I then remembered I have the buyers name and address from downloaded postage label and have also sent her a letter before action.

My question is

am I able to make one claim with both the buyer and vinted as the defendants or does this complicate things too much?

I am not sure if it will be clear who is liable if I do both but from my perspective its the buyer for the scam but also vinted for refunding her without acknowledging my concern then saying its too late as she has already been refunded. 

Issue has been reported to action fraud

• dx100uk changed the title to Sold Coat Via Vinted, Buyer says Damaged Vinted Refunded, Returned Coat poss not one i sent!! - Swapped?? - want to raise court Claim But Who's the Defendant - Both?

have vinted actually refund the buyer yet?

dx

thread title updated moved to online forum

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Sold Coat Via Vinted, Buyer says Damaged, Vinted say Refund, Returned Coat poss not one i sent!! - Swapped?? - want to raise court Claim But Who's the Defendant - Both?

Hi,

yes they refunded the buyer as they said the damage is the same as she claimed on arrival.

I suspended the transaction by raising an issue as they told to me to if I suspected fraud, then they refunded her pretty much straight away.

They also deleted the message I sent in the trail of the item which I found strange where I accused her of being a scammer.

I've screenshot everything else now for evidence. 

Given Vinted Refunded them I would say this would be a claim against the buyer.

Since the buyer got their money and your item, its them that needs to pay up. Vinted haven't gained anything here.

Also I highly expect vinteds registered address is just an accountancy firm, so enforcing any judgement would be hard.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

are you actually out of pocket ? did vinted suck the money from your card or bank account?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...