• Tweets

• Hello All,  I’m hoping someone can help me urgently here. Firstly, I’d like to say I have read multiple other threads and have some what an idea of what I should be doing, however my case might be slightly different so coming with my own questions here.    my situation is I lived in Dubai and had a credit card and a loan, loan with HSBC and credit card with Emirates (or the other way round), I lost my job and was forced to leave the country as I was staying in the country on my companies visa.    since coming back, after a few years 2 different debt collections agencies have been approaching me (one being IDRW and the other J&P). I’ve never answered IDRWW and they constantly chase me by calling and messaging me and my employer. My current company is ok with this as I explained the situation but I’m soon to be joining a new company who definitely won’t be ok with being messaged and called.    I’m afraid to continue to ignore them as they may message and calm the new employer as they have before and I’ll lose my job.    However, it seems clear from these forums that dealing with the debt collection agencies is never a good idea. You shouldn’t agree to the amount or pay anything.    j&p caught me on my phone but I still have sent them any money or confirmed the amount they’re saying is owed, they keep pushing to pay off the “principal” amount by making monthly payments, from reading these forums it seems like if I make one of those payments (they have provided bank details for ENBD), then it’ll just be paying off interest and not actually clearing the principle debt and the bank won’t even approve receipt of payment or that it’s coming off principle.    this is my predicament as ignoring them might not be an option if they chase my new employer. Maybe there’s a way to ensure the debt collection agency don’t contact my new employer?? I don’t know? Massively appreciate peoples help here. Thanks, 
    • Hello All,  I’m hoping someone can help me urgently here. Firstly, I’d like to say I have read multiple other threads and have some what an idea of what I should be doing, however my case might be slightly different so coming with my own questions here.    my situation is I lived in Dubai and had a credit card and a loan, loan with HSBC and credit card with Emirates (or the other way round), I lost my job and was forced to leave the country as I was staying in the country on my companies visa.    since coming back, after a few years 2 different debt collections agencies have been approaching me (one being IDRW and the other J&P). I’ve never answered IDRWW and they constantly chase me by calling and messaging me and my employer. My current company is ok with this as I explained the situation but I’m soon to be joining a new company who definitely won’t be ok with being messaged and called.    I’m afraid to continue to ignore them as they may message and calm the new employer as they have before and I’ll lose my job.    However, it seems clear from these forums that dealing with the debt collection agencies is never a good idea. You shouldn’t agree to the amount or pay anything.    j&p caught me on my phone but I still have sent them any money or confirmed the amount they’re saying is owed, they keep pushing to pay off the “principal” amount by making monthly payments, from reading these forums it seems like if I make one of those payments (they have provided bank details for ENBD), then it’ll just be paying off interest and not actually clearing the principle debt and the bank won’t even approve receipt of payment or that it’s coming off principle.    this is my predicament as ignoring them might not be an option if they chase my new employer. Maybe there’s a way to ensure the debt collection agency don’t contact my new employer?? I don’t know? Massively appreciate peoples help here. Thanks,  Hello All,  I’m hoping someone can help me urgently here. Firstly, I’d like to say I have read multiple other threads and have some what an idea of what I should be doing, however my case might be slightly different so coming with my own questions here.    my situation is I lived in Dubai and had a credit card and a loan, loan with HSBC and credit card with Emirates (or the other way round), I lost my job and was forced to leave the country as I was staying in the country on my companies visa.    since coming back, after a few years 2 different debt collections agencies have been approaching me (one being IDRW and the other J&P). I’ve never answered IDRWW and they constantly chase me by calling and messaging me and my employer. My current company is ok with this as I explained the situation but I’m soon to be joining a new company who definitely won’t be ok with being messaged and called.    I’m afraid to continue to ignore them as they may message and calm the new employer as they have before and I’ll lose my job.    However, it seems clear from these forums that dealing with the debt collection agencies is never a good idea. You shouldn’t agree to the amount or pay anything.    j&p caught me on my phone but I still have sent them any money or confirmed the amount they’re saying is owed, they keep pushing to pay off the “principal” amount by making monthly payments, from reading these forums it seems like if I make one of those payments (they have provided bank details for ENBD), then it’ll just be paying off interest and not actually clearing the principle debt and the bank won’t even approve receipt of payment or that it’s coming off principle.    this is my predicament as ignoring them might not be an option if they chase my new employer. Maybe there’s a way to ensure the debt collection agency don’t contact my new employer?? I don’t know? Massively appreciate peoples help here. Thanks, 
    • Date of issue –   13 may 2024 AOS date 31st may defence filing date 14th june plenty of lowell card claimform threads here use our enhanced google searchbox Lowell card claimform id be reading at least 5-10 threads a day. do NOT MISS your defence filing whatever happens.  
    • Hello All,  I’m hoping someone can help me urgently here. Firstly, I’d like to say I have read multiple other threads and have some what an idea of what I should be doing, however my case might be slightly different so coming with my own questions here.    my situation is I lived in Dubai and had a credit card and a loan, loan with HSBC and credit card with Emirates (or the other way round), I lost my job and was forced to leave the country as I was staying in the country on my companies visa.    since coming back, after a few years 2 different debt collections agencies have been approaching me (one being IDRW and the other J&P). I’ve never answered IDRWW and they constantly chase me by calling and messaging me and my employer. My current company is ok with this as I explained the situation but I’m soon to be joining a new company who definitely won’t be ok with being messaged and called. I’m afraid to continue to ignore them as they may message and calm the new employer as they have before and I’ll lose my job. However, it seems clear from these forums that dealing with the debt collection agencies is never a good idea. You shouldn’t agree to the amount or pay anything.    j&p caught me on my phone but I still haven't sent them any money or confirmed the amount they’re saying is owed, they keep pushing to pay off the “principal” amount by making monthly payments, from reading these forums it seems like if I make one of those payments (they have provided bank details for ENBD), then it’ll just be paying off interest and not actually clearing the principle debt and the bank won’t even approve receipt of payment or that it’s coming off principle.    this is my predicament as ignoring them might not be an option if they chase my new employer. Maybe there’s a way to ensure the debt collection agency don’t contact my new employer?? I don’t know? Massively appreciate peoples help here. Thanks, 
    • The clock is ticking for savings providers. They now have just a few weeks left to get their act together and start offering loyal customers a good deal.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

New bedroom tax

time4change2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thankyou worried33, I really do find it all maddening. They talk in riddles and lies and seem to just get away with it.

Re the housing, I am 56yrs old and live in a one bed flat, I exchanged last year from my three bed house, with a couple who lived here with one child and another on the way. For them it was the only way to get a house before the second child was born and better than a long wait. I was happy as I didn't want to be in that house after my family had moved to their own homes. The flats where I am are mostly O.A.P.'s, although there is no age restriction as the previous couple were in their 20's. They seem to favour these though for elderly due to being ground floor. My daughter and her son lived with me until he was 5, she wasn't allowed a one bedroom property and had to wait until a two became vacant, and she had to bid on the home option website too, and the state the place was in had to be seen to be believed. It looked like a drug den/ghetto. The council had already put in a new kitchen and bathroom, and painted some areas, but what was left was just dreadful, she still lived with me for another month while we all went in and decorated with her and scrambled money together to carpet the bedrooms, and get a big rug for the lounge. There were locks on all the doors on the outside ...very strange. sorry I rambled.

I would be the same as you tbh, once my 2 have left home & are settled I do quite fancy living in a flat again, me & the kids dad did that until the oldest was 16 months old. Then we privately rented a 2 bed house.

But round here all the housing association bungalows are age 50+ not sure about flats though, I guess I will be over that by the time the teens have left home though.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jadeybags am glad I did it, its a nice size and cosy, and I have a small easy to manage garden, and with all the benefit changes am even more glad I did it, or would have had 2 spare bedrooms.

jadeybags am glad I did it, its a nice size and cosy, and I have a small easy to manage garden, and with all the benefit changes am even more glad I did it, or would have had 2 spare bedrooms.

Someone was looking out for you hun!

because we not broke, if we were really broke there would be no tax cuts and no exceptions on austerity, the truth is its ideoligical.

What is bemusing is this graph on the bbc site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21740450

I wonder how bbc get their data or do they just make it up. Because under austerity there has been actual tax cuts fo rthe richest yet they have apparently suffered the most, and I find it hard to believe all the social security cuts amount to only 5% affect on income. Council tax and housing benefit changes alone have affected me way above 5%.

Especially as I saw another graph (wish I could find it) showing that the changes are bringing a large increase in income for the richest - anyone with income over £500,000 a year has had a huge boost apparently - so yes, I wonder how they put together their 'statistics'.

EDIT: here it is, also from the bbc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21672294#

not exactly the same thing, but still....

Edited by estellyn

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Exactly,there were a couple in my local newspaper a few weeks back who wanted to downsize because of bedroom tax but there were no smaller houses for them to move to!!

It's ridiculous and doing my health no good at all,I'm on strongest medication for my depression/anxiety and still having problems because of stuff like this,sometimes I'm too scared to come on these forums because of finding out what's next :(

This is what Torrie represent,they are all for the rich and want the working class in the gutter!! This Bedroom Tax is just another Poll Tax and hopefully will be the downfall of this shower. Tax is like a cancer which will soon be spreading to every area in our lives. When will the British public wake up and stand united and remove goverments that don't do the job they are supposed to do. Problem is in Britain its all about looking after number 1 sod everyone else ime alright jack!! Great Britain without the great!!

... Great Britain without the great!!

Whilst I entirely agree with your ethos, could I just point out that the 'great' in Great Britain actually just refers to the land size? :)

Whilst I entirely agree with your ethos, could I just point out that the 'great' in Great Britain actually just refers to the land size? :)

Noooo! We were about to try and "Make Britain great again."

Anyhow, here's a

. (YouTube video)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Great clip, thank-you Antone. How did I ever miss that?

I don't mind the puns about putting the 'great' back into Great Britain but that's all they are. Puns. Our name came about to differentiate us from, for lack of a better phrase, the 'Little Britain' in northern France ...

Great clip, thank-you Antone. How did I ever miss that?

I don't mind the puns about putting the 'great' back into Great Britain but that's all they are. Puns. Our name came about to differentiate us from, for lack of a better phrase, the 'Little Britain' in northern France ...

Were you a fan of The Day Today back in the 90s? That's where the clip came from.

But yeah, we're not Brittany. We're big! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I can see this bedroom tax causing loads of problems :( people are going to get in arrears with rent and getting kicked out of houses ending up on the street!! Really hoping this bedroom tax is scapped :(

I am sure of one thing....whatever money this govt gets from this tax any other benefit cuts, as this "tax" is a benefit cut, then the money wont go into the NHS or anything for the good of anyone but the Tories and their rich friends. They have to go, please if there is any God above these tyrants have to go.

I am sure of one thing....whatever money this govt gets from this tax any other benefit cuts, as this "tax" is a benefit cut, then the money wont go into the NHS or anything for the good of anyone but the Tories and their rich friends. They have to go, please if there is any God above these tyrants have to go.

I agree Ruby_Tuesday hope there is a god up there and gets rid of the tyrants

I remember you telling me about the protests over poll tax and they scrapped it,how long did it take for the protests to start after poll tax was introduced?

I am quite tempted to move into a tent or caravan the way things are going and yes many people camp in the snow.

If everyone effected could move into residential caravan sites that would scupper the collection of a huge wedge of council tax.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

So let me get this straight. Money is being taken off of poor housing benefit claimants who are considered to have too big a home....and yet money is being given by the government so that well off people can buy a bigger home.

So let me get this straight. Money is being taken off of poor housing benefit claimants who are considered to have too big a home....and yet money is being given by the government so that well off people can buy a bigger home.

or a second home?????

so if you are one of the millionaires getting their your tax cut, all you need to do is sign current home over to your partner, child, parent, then the government will loan you £120k to buy a £600k house

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

I find it quite amusing that Ed Balls is so in opposition to everything the Tories have planned - wasnt he and his partner, Yvette Cooper one of those who abused the PM expenses to such an extent, playing the system to maximise their "housing benefit".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5325590/Ed-Balls-and-Yvette-Cooper-flipped-homes-three-times-MPs-expenses.html

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

On top of which, they made double claims for expenses and also for Food ??

Officials also warned them that they had submitted the same claim, for the month

of July 2006, twice. During much of the period covered by the records seen by

The Daily Telegraph, Mr Balls and Miss Cooper submitted regular claims for

food, usually totalling up to £600 a month.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

or a second home?????

That too, though I expect they'll quickly close that avenue off due to the uproar. But we're still left with government money for rich people to 'upsize' while poor people are taxed for it being impossible to downsize their social housing.

We really do live in confusing times..

I find it quite amusing that Ed Balls is so in opposition to everything the Tories have planned - wasnt he and his partner, Yvette Cooper one of those who abused the PM expenses to such an extent, playing the system to maximise their "housing benefit".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5325590/Ed-Balls-and-Yvette-Cooper-flipped-homes-three-times-MPs-expenses.html

They all do it! Tory and labour. They are all flip flopping and even cam moron fraudueltly claimed expenses whilst sending peseants to prison for nicking a bottle of water.

So why attack a labour mp?

They all do it! Tory and labour. They are all flip flopping and even cam moron fraudueltly claimed expenses whilst sending peseants to prison for nicking a bottle of water.

So why attack a labour mp?

I was simply pointing out that Ed Balls - a Labour MP - needs to stop throwing stones, when he, himself lives in a glass house !

BCOBS

To be fair all MP's are on the gravy train, the difference is that most Tories were born into a privileged lifestyle, but a lot of Labour MP's started off from humble backgrounds but soon found out how lucrative the power game is. At the end of the day they will all look after No 1 first, power unfortunately corrupts, the only Labour MP's with any backbone and integrity are Michael Meacher and Dennis Skinner the rest are Tory bootlickers.

I have purposely left out the LibDem's because in my opinion they don't even count as they sold their collective souls for a taste of power.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I was speaking with a legal expert friend of mine the other day, and with the government losing one of the bedroom tax court cases last week then they are going to have a hell of a job in defending the 10 cases coming up in May. It is obvious no one thought any of this through and the government should have announced in the budget it would be put on hold for a year until the court cases have finished.