Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by id6052

  1. if you are pensioners, you should claim underlying entitlement to carer premium if you are working age and receiving ESAIR, IS or JSAIB, you should cease claiming carers allowance, as couple rate of severe disability premium is worth £50 or £60 quid more than couple rate of carer premium
  2. it appears that you have been to tribunal and your appeal was dismissed - the tribunal's decision is binding upon you and the PS not sure how long ago your tribunal was - did you appeal to the commissioners or upper tribunal?
  3. I am confused BB you said you get zero help from your LA, but you are getting a DHP
  4. you have nothing to lose by taking the appeal further the Nelson v Fife decision is the leading caselaw, it is worth reading is there anything unusual about the room that would stop it be used as a bedroom, such as no heating, no lighting, no windows, no ventilation?
  5. It looks like it is the middle rate of DLA(care) 3 weeks @ £55.10 per week = £165.30
  6. it appears that ransom was actually $500 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-35458992
  7. keep the council informed of what is going on ask for CTR to be continuous based upon new circs if necessary request discretionary cCTR
  8. when you say shared a house, were they joint tenants or did they have separate tenancies/licences? did your friend terminate the tenancy/licence when she moved out?
  9. you do not need to make fresh claims for HB/CTR - it is simply a change of circumstances
  10. although his qualifying age is 65 for retirement pension at 63, he is already old enough to qualify for guarantee credits (please note that the fact that he jointly owns a property may affect any entitlement) he does not need to sign on
  11. another issue will be that to simplify calculations for DWP - it is highly likely that the level of assistance will be standard rate - and not take into account CT banding or charges
  12. a question you may get asked is "why did he not get wage slips & bank statements sent to his parents address?"
  13. each council has its own local CTR scheme but generally once you are billed for CT (including a CTR overpayment), you are normally expected to make the required payments until such time as an appeal overturns the debt - although some councils will put the debt on hold once an appeal has been received
  14. Unfortunately, that is a "how long is a piece of string" question
  15. have you tried going through the council's official complaints process followed by complaining to Ombudsman if necessary
  16. ask the council if they would consider awarding a lump sum discretionary housing payment for a past period
  17. As stated before, prison is a very very rare outcome However in the worst case scenario, you should be able to claim benefits as a single parent
  18. you could explain your situation to council and see if they can offer you a discretionary housing payment to assist you with the migration to full time work
  19. not sure what HB advice you want can you ask new employer for advance? or explain to landlord that you will be a bit short this month?
  20. Although they are (or will be) a signatory - the treaty is not (or will not be) retrospective - unlike some of the dodgy legislation changes introduced by this government
  21. if you are talking about £8k over 6 months, it does sound like it could be quite substantial total, however prison sentences are actually very rare, as it is rarely in anybody's interest i would definitely see if you can get legal advice/assistance through your TU - mine offers it to partners/family members to a degree - go through region if you do not want local reps to know
  • Create New...