style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Royal Mail signed for/recorded delivery is a waste of money… I have at least half a dozen items which haven't been signed for and for which I am trying to claim compensation… Track & Trace just keeps telling me to come back later! TB

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

similar. they just give out stamps as a policy of appeasement.

as said, depending on the circs, normal post with a cert of posting wld suffice.

but, is that letter deemed received as it is being returned to you as undelivered?

as determ, just send another copy in normal first class post with cert of posting. it'll be put through the letter box, then deemed received if not returned as undelivered :)

A text from his neice states I could phone him tomorrow between a certain time, which I guess doesn't interfere with the football. Do I need to act in a way that is third party led and without anything in writing..

You could insist on all communication in writing, which means he can't later deny the details.

However, this would delay things.

Why not phone him as requested, but just record the call ?

BTW : 47 pages and 934 posts on this thread ; you'd have thought you could have just worked this out by now from everything that has been said so far .........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I suppose there's not much else you can do apart from try for an OFS or perhaps bankruptcy… but I've no idea how you'd do that… it would probably cost more in legal fees than they owe you… TB

Once you have the charging order the debt is "secured" : does this not prevent it being used in a creditor's petition for bankruptcy?

Unless you are suggesting the OP give up their security and join the unsecured creditors

https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/technicalmanual/Ch37-48/chapter45/part9/part_9.htm and

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/45/section/269

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After a successful legal case where money was confirmed as owning to me, I need to review the amount being paid. Can I request from the debtor a full income and expenditure outlay of his income in order to determine a fair monthly payment for myself. Many thanks..

Background to this thread....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?381806-Lending-money-to-a-friend.

You can request it by all means, just as they can ignore your request, and rightly so, what makes you believe you have the right to see such private and personal information as this?

I'd be grateful that you won your case and they are paying you at all TBH.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I think the bottom line would be that you would have to apply to have the order varied if your case was heard and a ccj granted

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

After a successful legal case where money was confirmed as owning to me, I need to review the amount being paid. Can I request from the debtor a full income and expenditure outlay of his income in order to determine a fair monthly payment for myself. Many thanks..

How long ago did you gain the CCJ ?

Has the debtor always paid the amount due on time ?

If you got the CCJ within the last year and the amount due has been paid on time, then i don't think you can do much. i don't think you should be contacting the debtor or taking any action, unless action is reasonable, because the CCJ was sometime ago or there has been problems with payments.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

The current situation is there has been minor issues with payments where they have been late, there was a consent agreement but this has ended and now I wish that myself and the defendant come to a mutually agreeable payment plan, how ever he is currently ignoring my request for reasonable debate on the issue, what are my options ?..

Ive had a quick read of the related thread CD, if hes now ignoring you then you have little choice but employing a private baillif to collect on your behalf. Send him a letter advising of your intentions if he refuses to communicate and make new arrangements.

I am basing this on the understanding there is still a sizeable amount left of the original debt still owing.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.