Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Another letter from Welcome this morning, informing me that my complaint is being looked into by Coventry, normally this might be viewed as a good thing, but seing as the letter is addressed to someone completely different but my address I'm not overly confident or hopeful:| . They really are a class act, aren't they?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Data Protection Act 1998

14. - (1) If a court is satisfied on the application of a data subject that personal data of which the applicant is the subject are inaccurate, the court may order the data controller to rectify, block, erase or destroy those data and any other personal data in respect of which he is the data controller and which contain an expression of opinion which appears to the court to be based on the inaccurate data.

42. - (1) A request may be made to the Commissioner by or on behalf of any person who is, or believes himself to be, directly affected by any processing of personal data for an assessment as to whether it is likely or unlikely that the processing has been or is being carried out in compliance with the provisions of this Act.

You could kick up a stink about the wrong name being on the letter. The Commissioner doesn't look too kindly on unlawful disclosure of information - you could argue that, as the name was innaccurate and unknown at that address, someone else residing at your address may have opened it to find out what it was... it's another little bit of ammunition to any complaint you may make.

• Haha 1

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

hi everyone,

Just to update my SAR expires tomorrow, so unless i get a wad of information back off of Welcome in tomorrows post i shall be reporting them for non compliance. Also i think i shall just make the most of the statements they have sent me and go in for the kill, working out the fees etc from them.

Has anyone had any joy in battling the APRs? I am planning on claiming fees, PPI, and disbursal fees, which amount to just under £2k. Will i be able to whack some interest on that for the time that they have had my money?

Id really like some help as although i have read lots on this forum i still dont fully understand what i can or cannot claim for

£914.00 unfair bank charges recovered from NatWest after 1st letter :)

£255.00 unfair bank charges recovered from RBS after 1st letter :)

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Woolwich 2 defaults removed, 1 ccj removed. My credit file is now clean :D

well i was charged for 2 as i took 2 loans, but as i had already ben accepted on one and they chargged me again i will claim it back, infact i may well claim them both on the grounds that they shouldn't charge an acceptance fee seeing as they apparently accept anyone! and they more than make their money back in interest and wrongly applied charges. :-x

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Hi all, I think i may have posted on here way back not sure. I did start a thread of my own but have not posted much into it but here it is if anyone want to see:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/46193-tanzarelli-welcome-finance.html

I have done a SAR and got some info from them, but not all that I requested so sent them this:

Welcome Financial Services

Mere Way,

Ruddington Fields Business Park,

Ruddington,

Nottingham.

NG116NZ

13th November 2006

Customer Number *******

Dear Sirs,

I am writing to acknowledge receipt of my account statements, which you sent me on 17th October. I also acknowledge the return of the postal order which I enclosed with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request. I must however remind you that this was your choice to return this to me and that the conditions of my Subject Access Request still stand in full.

The 40 day limit still stands and as of the date of this letter, 29 days have past, you have only 11 days left to supply me the information that I have requested.

If you remember in my Subject Access Request I stated the following:

Please supply me with a complete list all loan/credit information, also any charges and/or fees, which you have applied to both of these accounts, as well as details including costs, of all insurances which relate to my account history with your organisation. In addition to this I also require a full breakdown of all payments made to your organisation by myself.

I am still awaiting a breakdown of all insurances and the total amounts of interest that has occurred as a direct result of these insurances, on all of my loans with you organisation. Joanna at your Worcester Branch is dealing with this and I was promised this a number of weeks ago by her. I have also telephoned and have been promised this by other staff at the Worcester Branch.

I must point out that if you fail to respond positively to my request within the 40 day period required under the Data Protection Act 1998, then I will be forced to make an official complaint to the Information Commissioners Office.

Yours faithfully,

cc Worcester Branch of Welcome Finance

This seemed to get them active as I had more info sent to me this time but still no breakdown of interest applied to my loan as a direct result of my ppi. To clarify I believe this was mis-sold to me as I was told that I had to have this to take out the loan.

I still need to read through what they have sent me but will have to wait until I break for xmas so I cna spend some time on this.

Question waht approach have others used to reclaim this insurance?

I have had more than one lot of this, as had more than one loan with them, and they state in my statements that some is rebated prior to the new loan starting. (I don't believe this as their staements look as if anyone could have knocked them up on a pc with a bit of headed paper).

Any thoughts welcomed (excuse the pun, I bet you ent heard that one before)

Tanzarelli

just to update i haven't heard off Welcome since my LBA so i shall be writing them a long detailed letter stating how i have reported them for non compliance.

Edited to say : have spoken to compliance dept today who say that they sent info out rec deliv yest, i bet it turns up tomorrow with todays post mark. Have reported them all the same. Assuming that they aren't going to send me out all the information requested has anyone any thoughts on the fact that the maximum we can claim in the small claims court is £4999 it is then up to Welcome to furnish us with information on account to prove they owe us less?

:)

Hi all,

its all gone quiet from Welcome at the moment, still working out how much they have over charged me before sending off a prelim letter for it back.

I would also like to take this opportunity to wish everyone fighting Welcome and all C.A.G. members a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year. :-D

Time to PAAAAAARTY ;-)

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

Hi just giving an update on Welcome, called them this morning as I have not received my letter after them investigating my complaint and they have agreed to refund £70 charges, what I am looking for is charges, plus redemption which total £2510 plus interested. Guy I spoke to is supposed to be new manager for branch but he has had to esculate the complaint to his area manager and will need to get back to us.

Advised he has now 7 days left before court proceedings. getting excited as they asked who was calling and I said my official title Mrs and they replied Sandra (so they know who I am and what I am calling about) they transferred me to office manager without all the usual questions he stuttered all the way through the call.

keep you posted.

is anyone challenging the APR's ?

Hi

I was under the impression that you could only claim charges as you accepted the interest rate on signing the documents but on saying that I have just found my original agreement and it says nothing about PPI and on my settlement report it has PPI 2496.00 which I will be claiming for next when I have finished with them on the charges and early redemption.

I signed my initial HP agreement with PPI which I cancelled within 30 days in writing, then I signed the revised HP agreement without PPI which was £48 less than my original monthly payment.

Now they are saying I have never been to their local branch to sign the documents and they are asking me to visit and sign the HP agreement again !

What I gathered from them now is they are NOT going to deduct £48 from my monthly HP agreement instead they want to revert to my original monthly payment amount even without the PPI.

I don’t think I need to sign this again, I cant understand what happened to my signed documents. Surely they are with them. Looks like they don’t want to talk about them. I don’t understand what they are up to. Is there anyway to escape this? How do I deal with this? Any suggestions? Please help.

On my welocme statements, I have a debit listed under disbursal for loan modification. This is for £1100. Is this reclaimable?

No idea what it is. I presume that it will be from when I took out a further loan with them as my signed agreement states the amount used to pay off my previous loan was £1052.25.

They also took a £75 acceptance fee. Having that back right away.

For my CCA request i should have got copies of both loan agreements, however, I only got one.

I reckon i should S.A.R. them, what do people think?

Any odvice on that disbursal would be most welcome.

Hi all, I think i may have posted on here way back not sure. I did start a thread of my own but have not posted much into it but here it is if anyone want to see:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/46193-tanzarelli-welcome-finance.html

I have done a SAR and got some info from them, but not all that I requested so sent them this:

Welcome Financial Services

Mere Way,

Ruddington Fields Business Park,

Ruddington,

Nottingham.

NG116NZ

13th November 2006

Customer Number *******

Dear Sirs,

I am writing to acknowledge receipt of my account statements, which you sent me on 17th October. I also acknowledge the return of the postal order which I enclosed with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request. I must however remind you that this was your choice to return this to me and that the conditions of my Subject Access Request still stand in full.

The 40 day limit still stands and as of the date of this letter, 29 days have past, you have only 11 days left to supply me the information that I have requested.

If you remember in my Subject Access Request I stated the following:

Please supply me with a complete list all loan/credit information, also any charges and/or fees, which you have applied to both of these accounts, as well as details including costs, of all insurances which relate to my account history with your organisation. In addition to this I also require a full breakdown of all payments made to your organisation by myself.

I am still awaiting a breakdown of all insurances and the total amounts of interest that has occurred as a direct result of these insurances, on all of my loans with you organisation. Joanna at your Worcester Branch is dealing with this and I was promised this a number of weeks ago by her. I have also telephoned and have been promised this by other staff at the Worcester Branch.

I must point out that if you fail to respond positively to my request within the 40 day period required under the Data Protection Act 1998, then I will be forced to make an official complaint to the Information Commissioners Office.

Yours faithfully,

cc Worcester Branch of Welcome Finance

This seemed to get them active as I had more info sent to me this time but still no breakdown of interest applied to my loan as a direct result of my ppi. To clarify I believe this was mis-sold to me as I was told that I had to have this to take out the loan.

I still need to read through what they have sent me but will have to wait until I break for xmas so I cna spend some time on this.

I have had more than one lot of this, as had more than one loan with them, and they state in my statements that some is rebated prior to the new loan starting. (I don't believe this as their staements look as if anyone could have knocked them up on a pc with a bit of headed paper).

Any thoughts welcomed (excuse the pun, I bet you ent heard that one before)

Tanzarelli

Any thoughts on the above??????????

Hi all - been a while as I've had no correspondence from Welcome until today. I wrote them a follow up letter to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) after they replied with incomplete information requesting in particular info. regarding my PPI. They have written back stating that they hold no info regarding that & that it is administered by Direct Insurance and i must write to them (no doubt having to send another SAR if I did, at another £10). Surely as i took the loan with Welcome & they included the PPI, and did all the paperwork, then they're obliged to give me this documentation? Any advice please? As far as i'm concerened its Welcomes legal obligation to supply ALL documents - and that includes the PPI. HELP!!!

Also - they've advised what they charge in 'fees' for & how much for each item - but have provided no evidence. What evidence of 'manual intervention' (phone calls, letters, doorstep visits, etc.) am i entitled to ask for, and what do they have to supply? What constitutes 'evidence'?

Amend this letter to suit.

COMPLAINT & Request for return of PPI Insurance & Interest.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I took out the above loan for £xxxx on xxxx. When I took it out, I signed up for Payment Protection Insurance. I contacted you to cancel the PPI insurance and was told that this was not possible.

When I took out the loan, I was told that I would not have been given the loan if I did not take PPI. I have since been told that this is not true, and that you are not allowed to make PPI a condition of taking out the loan unless you include the costs of PPI in your quoted loan interest rate, which you did not do. I therefore consider that I have been mis-sold this expensive insurance, which I do not need and which I said that I did not really want.

Since this loan was taken out to refinance a high loan etc I feel that in a time of being financially vulnerable I was pressured into taking the loan protection.

The cost of the Policy was £xxxx plus £xxxxInterest making £xxxx

I request a refund of the policy fee plus any interest paid on the fee.

I would appreciate a reply to this letter within fourteen days. If you reject this complaint, I would be grateful if you could explain whether you provide an internal appeals process. If you do not, please supply me with a final response letter, so that I can take up the matter with the Financial Ombudsman Service, and if need be make a claim via the small claims court to recover the PPI insurance fee + Interest + costs.

Yours faithfully,

• Haha 1

Hi everbody im a welcome branch manager i wont say were though if anybody has any questions they want to ask me feel free im on your side and know what they do is not right but i need to put food on the table just like all of you :)

Jude

may i be the first to welcome you, im sure your thoughts and comments will be well received. sadly we all need to put food on our tables, i do hope you do not get chastised as a person, though i will admit that Welcome arent the most popular creditor going!

Thanks

23/11/06 HSBC **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - GE Capital - **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - MBNA - charges and interest **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - Welcome Finance - Prelim sent for mis-sold PPI

As i said before i dont agree with what they do. but if anybody needs any help with telephone numbers addresses what welcome will do,intrest rates,how to get your intrest stopped,copys of agreements, i just hope i can help i sit with welcome customers in there own home while they cry there eyes out to me ,i need to sleep at night and this forum might be the answer

being nosey as i am :p

what is welcome's current policy on PPI refunds?

as i had two loans and got taken for a ride with useless PPI's costing me thousands

thanks

Thanks

23/11/06 HSBC **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - GE Capital - **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - MBNA - charges and interest **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - Welcome Finance - Prelim sent for mis-sold PPI