style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I have been enduring jacobes for many months now and it has ruined my quality of life every moment of the day I cannot stop thinking about what they are doing to me and my health,and now my major concern is that I don't work many hours well 2hrs a week cleaning and leaflet delivery round combining them both gives me around £150.00 per month £90 of which jacobs insist is paid every month in fact forced me to pay otherwise they would clear me out now my situation is such I have to go without food and drink for up to three or four days sometimes and I have even resulted in eating cat food because I so hungry I live in house on my own family moved away along time ago and they cannot help also I have many days without electricityas I,m on pre-payment with this I,m concerned about the coming winter as I just won't have the money to keep warm it has really terrified me the thought of this even to the degree of ending it all no Jacobs just dont want to listern to my situation what so ever every time I try to reason with them they just pile on the threats and misery well I just cannot cope with it anymore I want to end it all but I feel in the back of my mind there may be a way to recieve some help, I even tried signing on but I was told I would not recieve anything due to the lack of contributions this has also added to this dire situation which has also made me very ill with my nerves I,m weak throught and don't have any fight left in me anymore I cannot even buy myself nice things anymore its so depressing somebody PLEASE HELP I NEED SOME POSITIVE ADVICE BEFORE ITS TIME TO CALL IT A DAY. Now surely Jacobs cannot get awawy with this type of foreceful action I just don't know what to do anymore I,m convinced they wont be happy until they recieve notification of my death beleave me I,m feeling pretty close to making that descision if I cannot get some compassion from them to understand how serious my financial situation really is SOMEBODY HELP ME FIND A BETTER SOLUTION.

Hi

Don't worry...the guys will be along to help as soon as they are available.

Can you tell us the type of debt please i.e. council tax, fine etc.

I have also moved you to the Bailiff forum where you will get the best help.

We need to know why they are attending as the advice can differ for different debts.

I would assume it is for Council Tax and would also hazard a guess because you are paying in instalments they have been in your home and levied on your goods, or has levied on something outside. It may be that the levy they have made is not lawful for one reason or another - insufficient goods, exempt goods etc. If this is the case can you let us know what goods have been levied on exactly as described on any Notice of Seizure they have left you.

Nothing is as bad as it seems and with help from us here we can get you through this - don't forget most of us have been there previously but have come out the otherside stronger and empowered .

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

Can I ask? Have you any disabilities/illness or an 'older person'. There are lots of organisations out there that advocate and assist people who are struggling. There is always the CAB too (in regard for services and benefits available to you),

It sounds like you are finding things very difficult at present. No one deserves to feel as you describe. Have you talked to your GP about your low mood?

I'm not that savvy on bailiff issues but I work for a charity in an advocacy role, so I know there are organisations there which will help in that respect.

Thanks for replying I am very grateful with your words of kindness but it does not change anything I,m still living with this dilema day in day out I just want some of my life back this whole council tax thing has taken away my quality of life all I,m looking for is being able to pay an installment that I can feel comfortable with and enable me to live and eat and keep healthy I cannot beleave in this modern world a company like Jacobs can let this happen to anybody everybody must have some quality of life with me this is not the case I feel I have been singled out and made a target for total destruction, I just need some positive action some direction that can offer me hope I need Jacobs to understand my situation and know how difficult things are for me lets face it If I do get driven to do something stupid they just dont get there money so its in there best interest to listern to me and work with me and understand that I cannot afford £90.00 per month I just need to have some hope I have come on here with the knowledge that someone professional can give me guidance I hope this can be the case I therefore look forward to some feedback in the coming days.

hi and welcome

YOU MUST STOP PAYING JACOBS and start paying the council on-line (an amount you can afford )

did you let the bailiff into your home to levy goods

can you please tell us exactly what goods the bailiff levied

what charges the bailiff has put on the notice of seizure

what outstanding council tax balance the bailiff has put on the notice of seizure

how much have you paid so far to Jacobs

This debt is for council tax and for me to make a payment every month on the 16th to Jacobs if payment is a day late the arrangement is stopped and my goods taken away and I only recieve £70 per month from a part time cleaning job and £90 per month from a leaflet delivery position all this money is spoken for on other priority debts water sewage etc, when ever I speak to Jacobs they just get aggressive with me and increase my payment amount even though they are aware of how much I have to live on I just don't know what to do anymore I just don't have any life left in me anymore I'm so very depressed and feel so very alone I just want to stop waking up to this everyday because each day gets harder I don't see anyway to stop drowning with all this its only a matter of time?

hi and welcome

YOU MUST STOP PAYING JACOBS and start paying the council on-line (an amount you can afford )

did you let the bailiff into your home to levy goods

can you please tell us exactly what goods the bailiff levied

what charges the bailiff has put on the notice of seizure

what outstanding council tax balance the bailiff has put on the notice of seizure

how much have you paid so far to Jacobs

could you please answer these questions the answers you give will enable us to help you

Please try and stay positive. You will get through this.

As I understand the law, you cannot be sent to jail for being unable to pay tax. You could for evasion, and things like that - but not having the wherewithall to pay - that's not something you can be punished for.

So - what is the worst case scenario, if you stop paying them? What can they do to you? Try and take your TV, or your hi-fi? They can't leave you without furniture like a bed, a cooker, some chairs, so even if they levy your goods, they can't leave you completely stranded.

Can you live without a TV until you get back on your feet? That is the worst that can possibly happen. If you go to a car boot sale you can get onther one for a fiver.

If it were me, I would stop paying them, and write and tell them. They can then do whatever they think they can. BUt you will come out of this - it's just a temporary situation which will get resolved one way or another.

Hi, I'm really sorry to hear of the position you're in. I know it's much easier said than done, but PLEASE try to stay positive. There are many people on here with the knowledge to help you get through this - AND YOU WILL.

Are there no benefits you can claim? Perhaps there is a Benefits Advisor who can help, attatched to your local CAB, or perhaps try an online benefits calculator. Also, please seek help from your doctor. Tiredness, depression and worry can overtake your life very quickly, and you'll find it so much harder to cope with things. Once you begin to take control of the smaller things, you'll be able to take control of it all, and get your life back the way you want it. If you really do feel that everything is lost, talk to the Samaritans; it's what they're there for. Sometimes just getting it off your chest is a help, and it can start to put things in perspective. I know these are only words, but everyone has to start somewhere. Even knowing there are people out here who care about what happens to you (and we do!) is a start........just a small one!

You're not alone, and we will help. Give us the informtion we need to advise you, act on the advice and you'll get it sorted. Then you'll be able to help others who go through the same situation.

Take care of yourself.

Best wishes

Janie

• Haha 1

Thankyou for your kind words I'm afraid I have tried the benefits route to due to poor contributions I,m not entitled to a penny due to lack of contributions also the council will not listern its all in the hands of Jacobs when it comes to making installments and they just won't listern pretty much **** street for me at the end of the day.

I dont have these things as I sold them to pay them all I have is a camping stove my roof over my head and limited amounts of furniture even had to sell my much prized record collection which broke my heart something I was forced into doing with my hands tied jacobs are heartless and evil and lack any compassion what can I do I have tried so many avenues I,m so tied and too weak to fight this anymore

could you please answer these questions the answers you give will enable us to help you

Now if I did this they would come down on me straight away this is what they want I just want to lower my installments and to be able to live and eat again without worry doing this just plays into hands I know you mean well but this action has been tried before with very negative outcome.

they have not levied my goods as yet but have threatend to take stuff away anyway if I default on this installment of £90.00 per month they just turn the screw every time and treat me with total contempt nothing as bad as it seems you say beleave me this is bad this is hell this is a bottomless shaft with no margine for recovery and jacobs dont give a hoot about my mental health and well being they have made that very clear over the phone recently there staff are the lowest of the low how do they sleep at night is what concerns me Thanks for the advice anyway but this will not work.

So, if you tell them you're all out of cash and have no assets, and you aren't going to pay them anything else - what can they do? No-one in this country should ever be reduced to eating cat food. They have already pushed you too far. I don't see they have any power over you.

By the way - you have access to a computer? Check out the Trussell Trust if you are low on food. They collect donations of food at supermarkets and offer them to people in hardship so they don't go hungry - all brand new unopened food given by the public.

There are lots of ways to make life more bearable when you hit hard times. Try freecycle for free goods people want to give away. Try your local LETS trading scheme for goods and services for free - you have to offer something in return though but it can be anything from guitar lessons to helping someone with gardening.

And have you definitely claimed all the housing ben you are entitled to? And council tax benefit?

If there is no levy on your goods (the bailiff hasn't been in your house) they HAVE NO CONTROL OR POWER OVER YOU

you DO NOT have to let the bailiff into your home you keep your door locked and windows closed pay the council on-line an amount you can afford

you do not need to have any contact with the bailiff you do not need to speak to him or answer the door to him (if you need to correspond with him do it by text )

even if you are not entitled to JSA you should stil send a council tax and rent rebate form to the council

Have you actually let them into your house? If they have not levied goods they cannot take them, simple as that. I know that doesn't stop them threatening it, though. I'm truly sorry there seems no way to help you unless you give us some specifics, and I understand the reason behind your reluctance to do so. It's a bit of a Catch-22, isn't it - you have to make that leap of faith in order to get Jacobs to stop this monstrous behaviour but you're worried it will make things worse. Please ask yourself - could it really be much worse than it is now? Pardon me for saying this, but you appear to be at rock bottom now. If you trust us to help, things could be much, much better.

Anyway, please look after yourself.

Best wishes

Janie

Edward do as hallow suggests keep the bailiff out pay the council, and issue a Formal Complaint as to their harassment, copy it to your MP and councillor if they have no levy, £42.50 is all they can have, bet you have paid over the odds to these vermin, so the Acme bailiffs letter to Jacobs and request to council for what is owed as per hallow, then we can see what unlawful fees they have added, fees they are not entitled to without a valid levy

. I can corroborate what a nasty and obnoxious shower Jacobs are, from an experience I had with them as a third party who encountered one of their cockroaches who was levying a car then wanted my parked motor also.

Edward rest a little easier you are among friends here, who can help you sort this.

send this to Jacroaches

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme bailifflink3.gif Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were certificatedlink3.gif at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject access requestlink3.gif under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

And ask the council

How many liability orders the hold for you

How much on each one

When obtained

When passed to Jacroaches for enforcement.

Bet the figures will differ wildly.

Once we know Caggers can help you challenge any fees over and above what are legal that jacobs have applied to your account.

Edited by brassnecked

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I was out of work for over two years and I was doing a leaflet delivery job cash in hand jacobs agreed to £20 a month I then got a pt cleaning job that was working 10 hours per week then the hours got taken away due the clients cutting back this went down to 2hrs per week I informed jacobs of change of circumstances but they insisted my installment increased even though I had taken a drastic drop on the amount coming in they have even said if I don't pay this month on time I will have it increased to £200 a month now how do they work that out when I dont even earn that much to start with this is getting all too complicated I'm going to try and sign on again even if it means just getting my stamp paid at least I will something in writing to say I,m looking for work and that I,m on low wage surely they have to take notice of this when you ask specifics what do you need to know I'm confused well its all this bull**** that I have been subjected too recently I do appreciate what you are saying but I find this all such dilema and a mental strain please understand this I just need the right amunition to fire back at Jacobs with so that they have to listern and take on what I'm saying if that makes any sense.

Trying to reason with the bailiffs is often a battle. They often won't listen.

The first thing to do, I think, is stop paying them. Look after yourself. Let them worry about the debt - it's their problem, right? If they owed you money - then you would need to worry!

They really can't do much to you. If you can sign on, and I agree you should, you may then get some protection from the council. It would be a good start in my opinion.

Trying to reason with the bailiffs is often a battle. They often won't listen.

The first thing to do, I think, is stop paying them. Look after yourself. Let them worry about the debt - it's their problem, right? If they owed you money - then you would need to worry!

They really can't do much to you. If you can sign on, and I agree you should, you may then get some protection from the council. It would be a good start in my opinion.

Definitely follow Jamberson on this one, as JSA would ground Council Tax benefit, and the council could deduct a nominal amount from benefit and the bailiff can go swivel.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Definitely follow Jamberson on this one, as JSA would ground Council Tax benefit, and the council could deduct a nominal amount from benefit and the bailiff can go swivel.

yep I would advise the council of what your doing though, let them know that your ill and if you can pay them a small amount say £1 do that

My views are based on experience I would always urge you to do some further research and if in doubt seek legal advice.

I think the OP said they had not paid enough contributions either for JSA or pension however if they contact the council and their income is that low they may be entitled to income support or tax credits

My views are based on experience I would always urge you to do some further research and if in doubt seek legal advice.