• Tweets

• Page 33 general conditions  "Your duties You must contact us as soon as reasonably possible and provide all the information,  documents, evidence and help we need to settle your claim or pursue a recovery." Some policy wordings are more specific than others. But even in this policy example, this Insurer may decide not to offer renewal, if they are not informed of a potential claim, if they find out from third party first. It is your risk to take. Do nothing and you may never hear anything further or the third party armed with your registration number makes a claim and your Insurers are contacted. Then your Insurers see you as someone who is careless.  
    • Good evening, The court date for this is 3rd June and I've decided I will defend in court. Following some very interesting happenings in my other claim at court the other day (thread will be updated after this one) I am certain I want to defend this not because I'm confident of it's success, but rather I want to experience the day and press on my belief (I know it's only a belief) that a copy of DN and NOA's themselves, is not proof of serving, which MUST have taken place. Much better evidence of serving, would just be proof of postage or signature of recipient with the correct date, even without the letter copies themselves. Their evidence in exhibits is not strict proof. Law of Property Act 196(4) "Any notice required or authorised by this Act to be served shall also be sufficiently served, if it is sent by post in a registered letter........." Isn't a 'registered letter' proof of postage/receipt (signature)? It might not have mileage, but its my first claim and I will be levelled up for experiencing it and trying. Meaning I can make more informed decisions on the numerous others pending within months. including claim #2 Thank you for helping me get this far, I've learned so much already and already making better decisions on accounts I don't have a thread for. I welcome discussion, thanks  
    • thats a good point. I've attached the policy but can't see anything about reporting accidents being mandatory. Unless I'm missing something?  this is only the policy document. But I can't see it being in any of the others (list below)?  Schedule & IPBY Shows the details you gave us when you bought your policy. Includes main and additional driver details, add-ons and excesses. Insurance Certificate Proof of your vehicle insurance. It shows who's covered, your vehicle use, and any cover exclusions. Insurance Policy Explains the terms and conditions of your cover. Credit agreement Outlines the terms, payments, and interest of your credit agreement. Important Information Document Outlines fees and charges, how your data is used, and how to ask for documents in different formats. Insurance Product Information Document Details of your cover and exclusions. Direct debit information Details of your Direct Debit, such as your collection, bank details, payment amount and your Direct Debit Guarantee Pre contract credit information Outlines the key features, costs, and legal details of your credit agreement. Adequate Explanations Details of your credit agreement. About our insurance services to you Details about our vehicle insurance, service standards, and regulatory status (and the status of any intermediaries)   insurancepolicy.PDF
    • I've never thought they were reliable enough and stories like this just confirm what I thought. Tesla owner says car in ‘full self-driving mode’ failed to detect a moving train WWW.AOL.CO.UK The close-shave in Camden, Ohio, was captured from multiple angles by the car’s cameras  
    • Hi,  I had a look through the credit agreement again, despite the signature looking legit I've noticed the below and wondered if they'd work as part of my defence, a)    The document headed ‘Your Personal Details’ has an office stamp which is unreadable. b)    On the above mentioned document under section ‘What to do next’ it states turn to agreement form on page 3 however 2 pages are provided. c)    The above mentioned document is unsigned & dated on behalf of Halifax PLC. d)    Two sets of documents headed ‘Credit Card Agreement Regulated By The Consumer Credit Act 1974’ was received containing dissimilar information. Under Parties to this agreement, both papers contain different name / address of the banking institute as well as Defendants address. This document is not on letter headed paper, the layouts are different, paragraph numbers differ as does the document content. Thanks again for any help.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Daniel Silvermans charges add to alleged debt as they threaten me with BR.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm new to this forum so here is a very brief history;

I am a business owner I had goods from a supplier back in March 2012

I couldn't afford to pay for all the stock so I sent a lot of it back to reduce the debt owed.

I was charged a 10% restock fee which wasn't mentioned until I received the credit note and it was clearly displayed then?

When I queried this I was told this was in their T&C's (it was never mentioned until this point).

I bashed out an agreement with said supplier.

I was able to make one payment but could not afford to pay the full amount the 2nd week

however I did still pay some and each time I sent a payment I also sent an email to accompany this.

yesterday without warning I received an email from Daniels Silverman demanding not only the final debt but they have now added 15% + VAT + interest

and has pushed the final debt to phenomenal levels!!

On top of this and in their very first message they have threatened bailiffs and personal bankruptcy.

In less than 24 hours they have made me feel very ill and extremely worried can they be so aggressive right from the start?

I have offered a payment plan and they have instantly rejected it and then told me they would file for personal bankruptcy

- the size of their text has increased as though I'm some sort of idiot!!

My question is to anyone in the know how do I stand with these people?

Do I stand my ground with them or not?

In just over 24 hours they have threatened me with everything possible and this is only over 3 emails.

What do I do? I tried to phone but the man on the phone was incrediably rude and hung up on me:jaw:

Any help or advice greatly appreciated :)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've moved your other posts here and made them invisible as they are to do with the same thing.

Please keep to this one thread for this issue.

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available :-)

Hi sarahscc,

first thing, in the words of Douglas Adams, "DON'T PANIC!"

do a search for Daniels Silverman on this site, ( top right ) and have a read until more knowledgeable caggers come to help.

here's a couple of quotes from another thread,

Daniels Silverman always add more on and then after a couple of letters they usually offer "a discount " if paid quickly.
Daniels Silverman always add some on, in contravention of OFT Guidance, and then use it as a negotiating tool. Speaking of tools, Daniels Silverman are very much second-rate, and not too hard to deal with.
  • Confused 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi Sarah,

Certainly don't panic.

A threat of bailiffs is pretty silly as they'd need a court order against you first - one which you'd broken! You're nowhere near that yet. It's just that - a threat and scare tactic.

Bankruptcy? If THEY want to file for your bankruptcy, it would cost THEM the fee which they would have to reclaim through the bankruptcy judgement - if granted. If you're already in difficulty but have shown willing to sort out your financial affairs as a business owner, then a court would probably look dimly on the application, especially in light of the current double-dip recession and the government's insistence that small businesses should be afforded every chance and support (yeah right, but that's their official line).

If you were made bankrupt, your most pressing (legally) debts would need to be satisfied first and a supplier of goods/services would be way down the pecking order and any monies/assets remaining would be equally spread between creditors. Again, this is a scare tactic.

You're best off communicating with them in writing only - it makes sure they can't be abusive or bully you and you'll have a printed record of exactly what's been said.

Can you please scan the letters you've received and post them here (removing any personally identifying info first) and also a brief chronological breakdown as to what's happened and amounts involved.

People will then be in a better position to help you with full information given.

Don't panic, help is at hand.

Good luck,

H. x

threat-o-grams [or emails]

file under ignore me thinks.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Could you tell us the legal status of your business? Is it a company with you as director/shareholder, or are you a firm/sole trader?

If it is a limited company, have you ever placed yourself as guarantor for any transaction?

Also, roughly how much is owed?

Do you feel given time you can make payments without any problems?

Regarding the restocking fee, that is fairly normal, but it might be an idea to check the T&Cs and to copy them up here, or send a link to them instead.

Lastly, all the bailiff/bankruptcy stuff as Halibutt says is typical incorrect scaremongering - as they to win in court after sending a tonne of letters, before it can even head in that direction.

Never phone these idiots-keep everything in writing.

Silverman do not have a contract with you so they have no agreement from you to charge for their actions. It is also against the OFT guidelines

for them to act in this way.Therefore take copies of their letters and send them to your local Trading Standards office and complain about them

threatening bankruptcy when you are actually paying off the debt in a regular fashion . In any event, Silverman do not have the authority to

instigate bankruptcy proceedings against you. Do not have any further contact with Silverman and DO NOT pay any money to them.

Next, write to your supplier explaining that you have reported Silverman to Trading Standards as they are in breach of the OFT guidelines relating to the

collection of Debts and that you will not deal with them in future.Point out that they [the supplier] is responsible for the actions of Silverman.

Point out how disappointed you are that they have taken this step as you are paying them on a regular basis albeit perhaps not in accordance

with the initial agreement. Explain that your finances are tight at the moment but that you are determined to pay them which can easily be

evidenced by your continued payments. Then suggest another payment plan that you are certain that you can adhere to and ask if they would

kindly agree to it. [it would obviously be a help if you could send a payment with your letter.] Advise them that you will keep in touch with them

while the amount remains outstanding and hope that they will also. Reiterate that you would prefer to deal direct with the supplier so that they will

eventually get 100% of their money without them having to give away a percentage to any further debt collection companies.

• Confused 1

I was charged a 10% restock fee which wasn't mentioned until I received the credit note and it was clearly displayed then?

Were you ever supplied with a copy of these terms and conditions ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well here goes everyone - i'm copying and pasting the emails that have been sent relating to this matter (Identifying details removed) Please note the first email from Daniels Silverman start at the bottom and work up to the latest email at the top...

This last email at the top was sent at 13:26pm today (26.06.12) after my latest email to them.

Dear XXXXX

I repeat, we do not accept your offer of £50.00 per week.

You can be made bankrupt for any debt over £750.00. Your debt is well in excess of this amount. Bankruptcy is the next step.

Yours sincerely

Account Manager

Litigation Department

email:

web:

tel:

fax:

Daniels Silverman Limited

210 Queens Dock Commercial Centre

Norfolk Street

Liverpool

L1 0BG

Registered Office : Castle Chambers, 43 Castle Street, Liverpool L2 9TL

Company No. 3998129 VAT No. GB 636 6349 17

 Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Sent: 26 June 2012 12:32

To: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Subject: RE: Final Demand - Outstanding invoice due to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your correspondence. Unfortunately we are not in a position where we can offer more than £50.00 per week at this present moment in time. As stated before to XXXXXXXXXXX and to yourselves we are currently not in a position to pay more than this at present we will of course when sales improve pay more to clear the debt when we have extra funds but at the moment we are struggling with cash flow so this is all I can sensibly offer you for the time being. We do not want this debt to hang over us and we do want to clear this as soon as we can but I can not jeopardise the whole business just for one debt.

If you can let me know where you would like me to send the £50.00 per week payment too that would be great. The size of this debt would not warrant or involve my personal bankruptcy.

Yours Sincerely

Sarah

please consider the environment - only print this email if necessary

PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL

This electronic mail transmission is intended for the named recipients only. It may contain private and confidential information. If this has come to you in error you must take no action based upon it, nor must you copy it or show it to anyone; please telephone us immediately and return the original to us at the email address above.

We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage sustained as a result of software viruses. It is your responsibility to carry out such virus checking as is necessary before opening any attachment which may be included with this message.

Subject: RE: Final Demand - Outstanding invoice due to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 11:29:32 +0100

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear XXXXXXXXX

The breakdown of the debt is as follows:

XXXXX 5/3/2012 12883.84

XXXXX 12/3/2012 1.57-

XXXXX 29/5/2012 5503.25-

less payments 600.59

Bal o/s to client 6778.43

Collection charges 1016.76

VAT 203.35

Interest 267.84

Balance on letter 8266.38

You received these goods from our client in March. Our client has tried to assist you by taking a large proportion of the goods back & crediting you for them & they then agreed a payment plan with you in good faith. However you only made one payment & defaulted, then made another small payment.

Your offer of £50.00 per week is unacceptable, that would take in excess of 3 years to pay.

If you are unable to improve on this offer we are instructed to proceed to legal action. Due to the size of your debt, this could involve your personal bankruptcy.

We await your urgent response.

Yours sincerely

Account Manager

Litigation Department

email:

web:

tel:

fax:

Daniels Silverman Limited

210 Queens Dock Commercial Centre

Norfolk Street

Liverpool

L1 0BG

Registered Office : Castle Chambers, 43 Castle Street, Liverpool L2 9TL

Company No. 3998129 VAT No. GB 636 6349 17

 Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Sent: 25 June 2012 17:17

To:

Subject: RE: Final Demand - Outstanding invoice due to

Importance: High

FAO Sue Long

Thank you for your email which I received today. I'm very disappointed to see that we have been passed over to you by our suppliers XXXXXXXXXXX. We have made payment to the debt owed although we have not been able to maintain the levels in which they required as our sales have been considerably low and have been for some time now. Unfortunately despite various sales campaigns and offers we have not managed to attract more custom. This has been explained to XXXXXXXX and even conveyed to the director when he visited us - not that that has seemed to make any difference now.

I'm not happy at all that this has happened and the very fact that you are threatening us with court action already is appalling as I have only received notification today of XXXXXXX intentions as I had no response to my email to them last week on this matter. I will make arrangements with you to make payments at a rate of £50.00 per week as at the moment we have no more that we can dedicate to this debt this is not negotiable as we are not able to pay anything more.

After speaking to XXXXXXXXX today I did request that you call me on my mobile but I feel that under the circumstances and to protect myself I want everything documented in writing so please do NOT ring my mobile tomorrow, you may email me or put in writing anything you want to convey instead.

Furthermore I would like a complete breakdown of the debt owed as there is cause for dispute as it appears that I have an outstanding credit on this account - I will verify this with my bookkeeepers before I comment on the further.

Yours sincerely

Sarah

Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:56:18 +0100

To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Subject: Final Demand - Outstanding invoice due to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

FINAL DEMAND

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re:- Our Client XXXXXXXXXXXX

Account Name:- XXXXXXXXXXXX

Our File Ref:-

Outstanding Balance £8,266.38

We have been instructed by our above named client to recover the above outstanding debt. We now demand immediate repayment of £8,266.38. Unless full payment is sent directly to us within 7 days we will take final recovery action through the Courts, which may lead to:-

- You having to pay all solicitors fees and court costs

- Judgment being awarded against you in Court

- Debt details being registered affecting your ability to obtain credit in future

- Bailiffs calling at your premises

Please telephone our office immediately on xxxxxxxxxxxx to discuss further.

YOU NOW HAVE SEVEN DAYS TO REPAY IN FULL. ACTION WILL BE TAKEN AGAINST YOU THROUGH THE COURTS IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THIS DEMAND.

PAY ONLINE AT xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OR FOLLOW THE PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.

Yours Faithfully,

Sue Long

Daniels Silverman Limited - 210 Queens Dock Commercial Centre, Norfolk Street, Liverpool, L1 0BG

Tel: - Fax: - Web:

P A Y M E N T P R O C E D U R E

Visit us online at xxxxxxxxxxxxx to make payment by card, send payment with this slip by return to Daniels Silverman Limited at the address above or call us on to make arrangements to pay over the phone.

All cheques must be made payable to DANIELS SILVERMAN LIMITED.

Client Name: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Payment enclosed in respect of your ref XXXXXXXXXX

Balance outstanding £8,266.38

I will also answer your previous questions.

In relation to business status I am a sole trader only not a limited or PLC company.

The restock fee I can honestly say we have never seen the T&C's and I do not seem to have a copy on file either.

The VAT is cause for concern (I'm VAT registered) and I didn't think they could charge me VAT on the debt owed as it has been added initially - my bookkeeper seems to think this may be VAT added onto their solicitors fees??

With regards to the payment I had fully intended to pay them the one thing I truly didn't want to agree to was a payment plan that I just couldn't stick too so I offered less to enable me to offer more when I have it but the market is so slow at the moment I don't want to guarantee payments I might not be able to make later which is what has lead me to this point now!

I have no intention of ringing these people again (lesson learnt there) I will however follow everything up with a recorded delivery letter as read in a previous thread.

I will also be taking the advice given in earlier message and contact the original supplier and let them know how the debt collection agency they have employed are acting in this way.

hi again sarah, I'm fairly new around here and I don't feel confident in giving advice so ignore what I say if you want but,

Collection charges 1016.76

VAT 203.35

So they think they can charge you over 1200 quid for sending a few emails? numpties.

As I posted earlier these clowns are known for adding unlawful/unenforceable charges to accounts and then negotiating down.

In your position threatening bankruptcy is stupid unless you have hidden assets?

(threatening bankruptcy as a means of debt collection is a big no no and would be frowned upon in court)

I will also be taking the advice given in earlier message and contact the original supplier and let them know how the debt collection agency they have employed are acting in this way.
probably the best thing to do. Ignore silverman and only deal with your supplier.

You need to see a copy of the t&c's that applied when you opened your account with the supplier and a proper breakdown of the debt and charges.

"Get your ducks in line" then you can sort out what you actually owe and fight back. there is loads of information on this site and lots of people waiting to help so keep strong and remember everybody has debts, it's not a crime.

Z.

• Confused 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thank you Z any advice is gratefully received at the moment. Before I contact the said supplier I will contact the TS agency to c where I stand first and see who else they can be reported to. I would understand their aggressive stance if I had repeatedly ignored their emails and this has been going on for a lengthy period but they only contacted me lunch time monday!!

Thank you muchly :)

Your thread has been flagged for site team as well.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

What does that mean? Sorry this is all new to me???

I have just left a message for other members of the site team, who have more experience with this type of issue..

BCOBS

Do you still have the original terms and conditions ? Are you a Ltd Company ? or sole trader ? partnership ?

I suggest that you write back stating that you dispute the amount....what would the debt be without the charges and 'collection' fees

And do send your emails to the Office Of Fair Trading too....

Daniels Silverman clearly state that they are 'proud memebers of the CSA' an organisation which clearly states in their CODE OF CONDUCT

f) Unless instructed otherwise, accept all

reasonable offers by debtors to pay by

instalments, provided acceptable evidence of

non-ability to pay is given.

b) Not bring unreasonable pressure to bear on

the debtor in default of payment.

q) Where a debt or the sum owed is disputed, as

soon as is practicable, supply information to the

debtor in support of the claim. Where no

information has been supplied by the creditor,

obtain the required support, or failing that cease

collection action

By being in breach of their own code of conduct puts them in breach of CPUTR 2008

Get them to give you a full breakdown of how the debt is made up, challenge the excessive charges and the the restock fee if it isn't in the terms and conditions and carry on paying them back at £50 per month.

No doubt they will be seeking more fees from their clients for this escalation in demands.

From the reports that we see on the site,it seems nothing much changes.

I will change the thread title so that it reflects and draws awareness to the issues.

Just another one of many.

I might email Carol Hughes DS director and ask if she cares to comment ?

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.

She is a registered member but has not been here for some time.

In fairness,she has offered to investigate complaints in the past,although these have been actual clients rather than those DS have been chasing.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?207371-Worst-experience-with-Daniels-Silverman-as-a-customer&p=2263485#post2263485

post 6

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?116080-Very-abusive-letter-from-debt-coll-re-parking-fine-HELP&p=1176463#post1176463

post 23

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.

You say that you sent a lot of the stock back and have made some payments.

Can you say what the arrears were at the start and what they remained after the adjustments for the returns / payments plus the restock fee ?

Had you offered a repayment plan in writing to the original creditor ?

Had they indicated that they would engage debt recovery ?

Now it does seem a little ironic that the poster here has reported threats of BR.

Just look at what DS posted on their OWN website last November.

Monday 8 Aug, 2011

Credit management and collection company Daniels Silverman has seen a massive 250% increase in the number of consumers it is collecting debts from becoming insolvent through bankruptcy or individual voluntary arrangements (IVAs) in the last 6 months.

Carole Hughes, managing director, Daniels Silverman, says: “People are really struggling to make ends meet and are resorting to extreme measures to try and get rid of mounting debt. The increase in insolvencies is worrying and is likely to continue as the costs of living and unemployment rises.”

Daniels Silverman has also seen a 400% rise in the number of consumers requesting additional time to pay their debts.

Hughes adds: “Becoming insolvent should be a last resort. As outgoings increase people are asking for much more time to settle their debts and are making low repayment offers of around £1 - £10 per month. Creditors are being more flexible about repayment plans and we encourage those struggling with repayments to discuss their concerns.”